1/6 Will You Buy the Sideshow Temple of Doom Indiana Jones Figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will You Be Adding This Indy to Your Collection?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pre-ordered this. They have plenty of time to 'tweak' this guy, so must have faith that ssc can deliver the goods and not hit the last nail into the indyline coffin with a poor proto to production progression. For many indy fans this will be ssc last chance. Gotta have faith fellow collectors :pray:

An HR person once told me..."past experience and behaviors will determine and predict future events."

Are you listening Sideshow? You better be, this is Indy. Screw it up and your market share in 1:6 business is toast (at least in production department ):wave

Drake was mid this year.

Indy is 12+ months time (and everything gets delayed).
They have multiple figures to come out between then and now and refine things with their new factory.
I think a figure released in early 2016 will not suffer the same fate as poor Nathan Drake.....

Besides they had to practise on the pretender out the way before getting to the real deal. YEAH I WENT THERE! :D

Yes, I'm buying this. I want to support the license. Sideshow is the only company still making Indy product. I've been completely happy with my Sideshow Indy collection. I've bought just about everything they've made.

It's pretty clear Sideshow is altering their strategy to compete with Hot Toys.......considering Sodeshow's remarkable improvement in quality - I can't complain about the price. It's the same as Hot Toys.

From pics alone, this Temple of Doom figure is the best 1/6 scale Indy we've ever seen......the Indy's have always seemed a little off. Even Hot Toys DX05. And I've always been a Hot Toys guy.

.....this is the Indy figure I've been waiting for. Amazing likeness. I'm just shocked it's from Sideshow.

I was pretty impressed with the Star Wars figures Sideshow has coming out. The Luke Skywalker x-wing one is just plain awesome.

I voted maybe but after a little time, not a chance.

I'll buy the sculpt somewhere if it magically comes out looking like the proto but we know it won't. The price is too high. Especially with oil in the dumps.

I've already got a TOD indy kitbashed from the hot toys version. I'll pass on this figure but will be upgrading parts (and hopefully the head!) At these prices I would rather spend my money on a short round or Mola Ram - a figure i dont have.

I've always thought Willy in Club Obi Wan dress would look phenomenal!

Imagine an Indy (white tux) and Willy Club Obi Wan double pack!!!

I've already got a TOD indy kitbashed from the hot toys version. I'll pass on this figure but will be upgrading parts (and hopefully the head!) At these prices I would rather spend my money on a short round or Mola Ram - a figure i dont have.

I've always thought Willy in Club Obi Wan dress would look phenomenal!

Imagine an Indy (white tux) and Willy Club Obi Wan double pack!!!

Great call on the white tux.....but I really like the tears on Indy's classic outfit on this, complete with the exposed right arm and the blood-soaked stains on his back from the lashings. It's a great alternate take on Indy's classic outfit and it makes the figure unique and specific to Temple of Doom. I would prefer this outfit before the white tux, but would still love to see the white tux down the line.

I love the likeness for the most part. But I'll hold off for a possible Last Crusade version. Also, it might have been said one too many times, but the price is pretty nuts. Had it a jacket, I think I would have jumped in. Feels a little light.

Last edited:
I love the likeness for the most part. But I'll hold off for a possible Raiders version. Also, it might have been said one too many times, but the price is pretty nuts. Had it a jacket, I think I would have jumped in. Feels a little light.

That is going to be a long hold off :)
Sideshow having done an old Raiders + Hot Toys redoing a better one = (I think) a long, long time before a Sideshow Raiders 2.0 will happen!
More chance of a Last Crusade Indy I think....

Sideshow should make upgrade packs for figures. A pack with an unscarred indy sculpt, a body, a jacket and a tux. These would sell pretty well i recon

Best,

Robert

I just hope sideshow doesn't do another snake plissken where they delay the thing 10x and hide what the final
product looks like from us. I mean if they really cant replicate their prototypes then they should def charge less $$$.
TOD is my fave and I really like that they gave us the torn sleeve look from the bridge scene, so they better not screw
up.

Back