1/6 Will You Buy the Sideshow Temple of Doom Indiana Jones Figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will You Be Adding This Indy to Your Collection?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

They are still using the eye thing like they did with Drake, what are your guy's thoughts on this now?(TOD Indy) Also this is a pre release copy or what they call a promotional piece so I'm guessing in hand it may not look even as good as the one they got?

The sculpt looks good, as a whole it looks like one of Hot Toys early figures to me with virtually no weathering and a paint application that doesn't do it justice. The weapons look toy-like, probably because of the paint again. But, it is a cheaper figure. It'll be interesting to see what Indy is like at the HT price. If the overall quality is like Plissken at the more expensive price, I will likely think twice on getting it.

I actually think Snake looks pretty good. I think it looks better than the Superman. But then again, they only had to do one eye! I think the real tell will be with Hoth Han and Luke. If Sideshow can get those two to look good, then I will feel good about getting TOD Indy. Even after Luke and Han, Sideshow will still have several more figures to work out any more kinks.

The stubble shading looks eh, but not terrible. I think they overdid the arm muscles for Snake to the point where it doesn't match the slimmer (but still muscle-y) torso.

But overall for Snake I'm thinking, not bad but definitely room for improvement.

Snake looks like a Sideshow offering -- too clean, jacket material too thick to look real, and sculpt still has a toyish quality.

I'd be very disappointed if I liked this character at all.

Yep. Definitely the jacket is too thick. I kinda get what you're saying about the sculpt but I think it will look good from a normal viewing distance as opposed to an extreme closeup.

So, judging from the video review of Snake, TOD Indy's prelim photos show, that I will have to drop another $100 to have a pro painter get a decent INDY. Hmmm....I guess I will wait for THE BOMB SHOW's Side Show Ass- Kissing Video to make my decision to keep or cancel.

So, judging from the video review of Snake, TOD Indy's prelim photos show, that I will have to drop another $100 to have a pro painter get a decent INDY. Hmmm....I guess I will wait for THE BOMB SHOW's Side Show Ass- Kissing Video to make my decision to keep or cancel.

:lol Agreed to much A$$ Kissing to be considered a review, for journalist they aren't very un biased. Also you shouldn't pay any extra money to have a figure look good but that's what people come to expect of Sideshow and just blindly follow, just look at the Snake Plisskin Thread.

I actually think Snake looks pretty good. I think it looks better than the Superman. But then again, they only had to do one eye! I think the real tell will be with Hoth Han and Luke. If Sideshow can get those two to look good, then I will feel good about getting TOD Indy. Even after Luke and Han, Sideshow will still have several more figures to work out any more kinks.

The stubble shading looks eh, but not terrible. I think they overdid the arm muscles for Snake to the point where it doesn't match the slimmer (but still muscle-y) torso.

But overall for Snake I'm thinking, not bad but definitely room for improvement.

And when Hoth Han and Hoth Luke come out you'll be saying that TOD Indy will be the sure tale whether SS has turned a new leaf. Someone pointed out on the Plisskin thread that their PF's don't look any better at 400.00 a pop what makes you think that a 1/6 figure will? Just stop thinking they will get better paint apps, more people should be upset with what they are charging for Hoth Han and Luke and Red 5 Luke.

Call me an optimist but I think Snake is a step in the right direction. But it WAS only one eye. If Sideshow can pull it off with Hoth Han and Luke, then I think it's an upward trajectory.

But I understand how frustrating it is that Sideshow is always several steps behind HT. I will re-quote Swedish Heat who had this to say:

Something to keep in mind. . . the Chinese do not respect foreigners. . . or at the very least, the Chinese factory owners will NOT give foreign manufacturers the same quality they give their fellow Chinese manufacturers.

At my current job, part of our product line is display packaging and our buyer deals with China frequently, I've talked with him about it. He backs up what I've long suspected, that the factories are actively trying to screw you over. You ask the factory to send you a sample, and it's great, then you pay them thousands for the production and the product falls apart when you get it. I've read in other entrepreneur forums, and how to deal with China, and it's expected to haggle back and forth, and just walk away and make the factory chase after you to make the deal. Too many small US companies are begging to get their stuff made in China, and the factories are taking advantage. Budget Stark said it in one of his videos, the Chinese are racist. They just won't give foreigners the same quality.

I hate to see the prices Sideshow is charging now, and I won't pay it, I would if there were more accessories or if I felt there was some value there, but I understand what they go through as far as manufacturing goes. My experience tells me that even if Sideshow went to DID's factory or Hot Toys' factory, the resulting product wouldn't be of equivalent quality. I will anxiously await Rook's photos of Hoth Han, but I'll be amazed if Sideshow can match a Chinese manufacturer's quality. It will certainly be a first.

I believe that to be the case since bootleggers and non-licensed figures can get better-made head sculpts than Sideshow can.

I can justify Hoth Han and Luke because of the amount of stuff that comes with them. As long as it doesn't come out like Drake (Supes and Snake are definitely better), then I'll be satisfied. Indy is definitely pushing it beyond my price comfort zone, but at least he comes with more than Red 5 Luke does. And like I said, there is still an entire year for Sideshow to continue to (hopefully) get better.

They are still using the eye thing like they did with Drake, what are your guy's thoughts on this now?(TOD Indy) Also this is a pre release copy or what they call a promotional piece so I'm guessing in hand it may not look even as good as the one they got?

Thanks for posting, PC. Snake just isn't very impressive looking. You still getting it?

Call me an optimist but I think Snake is a step in the right direction. But it WAS only one eye. If Sideshow can pull it off with Hoth Han and Luke, then I think it's an upward trajectory.

But I understand how frustrating it is that Sideshow is always several steps behind HT. I will re-quote Swedish Heat who had this to say:

I believe that to be the case since bootleggers and non-licensed figures can get better-made head sculpts than Sideshow can.

I can justify Hoth Han and Luke because of the amount of stuff that comes with them. As long as it doesn't come out like Drake (Supes and Snake are definitely better), then I'll be satisfied. Indy is definitely pushing it beyond my price comfort zone, but at least he comes with more than Red 5 Luke does. And like I said, there is still an entire year for Sideshow to continue to (hopefully) get better.

I like that you are so optimistic, but that part of me died a while ago. And this Snake was the only hope of that part of me coming back for SS but not after this. Thank you so much for the Quote I wish that was on other threads, that actually explains a lot. Since that sounds like the case for SS then they should now have Hot Toys do business for them on the Chinese end especially with their new distributing partnership. Or just hire a Chinese company to do all their dealings for them so that the factories don't think a American Company is dealing with them. I'm sure there are ways around that whole mess, that would validate the raise in prices.

Thanks for posting, PC. Snake just isn't very impressive looking. You still getting it?

Only if it was really marked down during spooktacular. Sad thing is Yankees is that I am a SS fan, I've been loving their company since 2000! Back then their paint apps on their Universal Monsters 8' in. figures were great and better than Mcfarlane giving him competition, but when Hot Toys came around they didn't change. Kinda how Mcfarlane had to step up their paint apps, so now I just can't blindly follow SS anymore I really want TOD Indy the proto looks better than DX05 but I know it wont look anywhere near what those pics show, it makes me want to :monkey2

Maybe Storm Collectables will get the rights to a Snake Plisskin or a Indy the Last Crusade and knock it out of the park! I like what they are making and hope they can save us from the onslaught of Marvel and SW figures that Hot Toys will be releasing for the next 3 years.

All the posts saying we need to accept that $230 is the new norm, are the excuses of those unwilling to face another truth: if NO ONE pre-ordered these overpriced things, the companies would either have to cancel it, or, more likely, lower the price. But fools and their money are soon parted.

All the posts saying we need to accept that $230 is the new norm, are the excuses of those unwilling to face another truth: if NO ONE pre-ordered these overpriced things, the companies would either have to cancel it, or, more likely, lower the price. But fools and their money are soon parted.

Nah they seem to be blindly loyal, that's why I'm going to start supporting un licensed figures like Dredd and Storm Collectables before then end up like HT and SS.

PC Storm Toys may be swallowed up by HT if they become too big. Their figures are not cheap either, but they are produced in massively smaller numbers and the quality is MUCH higher. I have both V.2 Tyson and the "Legend" Michael Jordan and they are crazy-good.

PC Storm Toys may be swallowed up by HT if they become too big. Their figures are not cheap either, but they are produced in massively smaller numbers and the quality is MUCH higher. I have both V.2 Tyson and the "Legend" Michael Jordan and they are crazy-good.

No not cheap by any standards, but the Ong Bak I got pre ordered with a bonus body is a little more than just 1 BR Joker, well that's how I reason with the price for now. Till like you say they also raise their prices. So I'll enjoy what they are releasing now till it gets to that point then, no figure will be cheap anymore.

They will never lower the price. If no one orders, they will just say that there wasn't enough interest in the product and they will stop making it.

Snake looks like a Sideshow offering -- too clean, jacket material too thick to look real, and sculpt still has a toyish quality.

I'd be very disappointed if I liked this character at all.

This Snake would have been an awesome figure five years ago - the likeness is really good. The jacket was the first thing I noticed in the vid. Looks like the Hasbro Indy jacket. The likeness is strong but it lacks detail and someone said the pic looks like a new Hasbro 3 3/4" blown up and that is sorta true - which is bizarre.

It's $80 cheaper than the Luke X-Wing and $40 cheaper than the Hoth figs so maybe that means they'll be better? Two tiers of SSC releases? Guess not.

I don't have a TOD Indy and really want one, but there's this weird thing going on with Sideshow where the prices keep jumping up a lot but then there's these "quality shocks" where they drop the ball... and it's inching closer and closer to the Hoth figs and I'm Sideshow Freaking out.

This Snake would have been an awesome figure five years ago - the likeness is really good. The jacket was the first thing I noticed in the vid. Looks like the Hasbro Indy jacket. The likeness is strong but it lacks detail and someone said the pic looks like a new Hasbro 3 3/4" blown up and that is sorta true - which is bizarre.

It's $80 cheaper than the Luke X-Wing and $40 cheaper than the Hoth figs so maybe that means they'll be better? Two tiers of SSC releases? Guess not.

I don't have a TOD Indy and really want one, but there's this weird thing going on with Sideshow where the prices keep jumping up a lot but then there's these "quality shocks" where they drop the ball... and it's inching closer and closer to the Hoth figs and I'm Sideshow Freaking out.

The real shock will be if it doesn't look like Snake Plisskin(lacking on the details in paint apps), but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

Back