1/6 Will Hot Toys ever release another 1/6 Catwoman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I guess the consensus on this topic is:

A) Most people feel most strongly about releasing the Batman Returns Pfeiffer Catwoman. 1. Returns Batman has already been released and 2. The Pfeiffer Catwoman is iconic. Downside: Returns Batman was released in 2014 after announcing the license in 2012. Doesn’t sound like HT will release more from the BR license.

B) People feel that the Arkham games Catwoman seems most logical at the here and now given the games’ popularity. Other forums seems to believe HT is not done the Arkham licenses yet, but the next one likely to be made could be Nightwing instead of Catwoman...

C) Julie Newar Catwoman has even lower odds than BR Pfeiffer Catwoman...

D) When “Gotham City Sirens” movie is made, you can bet that HT WILL make the next 1/6 Catwoman!!!

LOL

In that case I hope it's a great Catwoman in a good Sirens movie. Hopefully a much better outfit than the Dark Knight Rises one.

I still think they will do a Pfeiffer Catwoman, maybe announced at this years SDCC. :lol Wishful thinking but it's all we have.

They'll release an obscure Johnny Depp figure before they'll ever touch Returns Catwoman. That ship has sailed.

**** HT.

There was a Q&A some time ago where the chances of more Batman Returns figures was brought up and I believe Howard answered that Catwoman was more likely than Penguin. Who knows if anything will ever actually happen with it though. Personally I’d be okay with getting Catwoman only as I don’t care for DeVito’s Penguin.

There was a Q&A some time ago where the chances of more Batman Returns figures was brought up and I believe Howard answered that Catwoman was more likely than Penguin. Who knows if anything will ever actually happen with it though. Personally I’d be okay with getting Catwoman only as I don’t care for DeVito’s Penguin.

I was never a great fan of that Penguin either. I only ever felt pity for him. They should still make him for completion though and that would be five Burton figures including two Batman's. Hardly overkill.

A quote from Star Trek III: The Search For Spock is apt:
Vulcan High Priestess: What you seek has not been done in ages past and then, only in legend. Your request is not logical.

At this time, I am most interested in the Arkham Knight Catwoman.

They'll release an obscure Johnny Depp figure before they'll ever touch Returns Catwoman. That ship has sailed.

**** HT.
Haha, what are you even talking about franpincho?

Oh....wait....
d6daa76c5e82830f6469e43c627951e3.jpg
27395b065c9358036957a82a8a7237e4.jpg

Hell, they’ll release drunk abusive wife beater Depp first.

I don’t understand H. Chan’s obsession with him.

This just in! “Gotham City Sirens” is all but dead:
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/suic...of-prey-and-the-joker-vs-harley-quinn-a157165

So, no new movie Catwoman in the foreseeable horizon!!!

Will HT release an Arkham Knight Catwoman this year or any time soon? Or will they suddenly find the urge to finally release BR Catwoman???

Hopefully both!

BR Catwoman is a must. Still can't believe they put out three versions of Leto Joker and three Harley's but not a single Pfeiffer figure.

I never actually played the games but love all the Arkham designs. Be cool to get a movie based on that look someday. I have the Arkham Joker on pre-order, be great to add a Catwoman, Harley, Deathstroke etc.

Prime 1 is killing it with their Arkham line but I just don't have the space or money for those. HT need to give us more.

Hell, they’ll release drunk abusive wife beater Depp first.

I don’t understand H. Chan’s obsession with him.

i think for one Depp collects these figures himself too so he has a connnection with HTs. Plus JD was super popular until the problems with his exwife surfaced. before that, people loved him. all of his figures made happened before the domestic problems.

they also need to get the rights to make michelle and for all we know they haven't been able to. but we don't know what happens behind the scenes so i hate to speculate.

i've read most of those HC interviews and he does say it's usually on the licensor when things are delayed or cancelled except for like the batmobile 66 which he said they just couldn't produce because it was too difficult to mass produce it.

Re: Will Hot Toys ever make another 1/6 Catwoman?

This Catwoman statue is really nice!! I'd love to see a Hot Toys version of it.

F5573871-491B-4FA7-83B7-AC7D6BCB2733.jpg 2CA109B7-AD5A-47BA-92F6-5023AA31D96C.jpeg
I look forward to that day as well. I’m sure it would be awesome. But with Marvel taking up a good chunk of this year, I don’t imagine HT to do more than 1 Arkham character this year. And the odds are that will be a male character like Nightwing...*sigh*

HT and its aversion to female characters...

Okay, HT! Now that you’ve got Arkham Knight and Arkham Asylum Joker out of the way, can you throw us a bone and open a preorder for an Arkham Knight Catwoman? What did you say? Your development teams for female figures are tied down by the 6th Black Widow, Scarlet Witch and The Wasp? And there isn’t enough interest in a Catwoman figure to begin with?

Oh well...

i think for one Depp collects these figures himself too so he has a connnection with HTs. Plus JD was super popular until the problems with his exwife surfaced. before that, people loved him. all of his figures made happened before the domestic problems.

they also need to get the rights to make michelle and for all we know they haven't been able to. but we don't know what happens behind the scenes so i hate to speculate.

i've read most of those HC interviews and he does say it's usually on the licensor when things are delayed or cancelled except for like the batmobile 66 which he said they just couldn't produce because it was too difficult to mass produce it.

Didn't know he collected figures!

I am just hoping that the seeming success of Arkham Knight and Arkham Joker figures get HT’s attention in doing more Arkham figures. Hopefully that will ultimately lead to a Catwoman figure...(She did have a big role in the games and getting her own dlc...) There is definitely a market for an Arkham Catwoman for sure. With no movie Catwoman on the horizon, this seems to be the only chance HT will release another Catwoman...
ECDFC6CE-E6BB-4BC0-93C5-0126B3079866.jpeg
I think HT does notice the success of Prime 1 statues. Only time will tell.

As for BR Catwoman, I think that time has passed...and so did Julie Newmar...

P.S. if only HT has something like Lego IDEAS...*sigh*

I am just hoping that the seeming success of Arkham Knight and Arkham Joker figures get HT’s attention in doing more Arkham figures. Hopefully that will ultimately lead to a Catwoman figure...(She did have a big role in the games and getting her own dlc...) There is definitely a market for an Arkham Catwoman for sure. With no movie Catwoman on the horizon, this seems to be the only chance HT will release another Catwoman...
View attachment 391605
I think HT does notice the success of Prime 1 statues. Only time will tell.

As for BR Catwoman, I think that time has passed...and so did Julie Newmar...

P.S. if only HT has something like Lego IDEAS...*sigh*

I don't think the time has passed for a BR Catwoman. My Returns Batman is still waiting patiently! No reason they can't still make that figure and I'd bet it would sell better than any other version of Catwoman.

HT really baffle me sometimes, all the surplus stock of Leto Joker's they pushed out but they continue to throw money away not making a Pfeiffer figure. An Arkham City version would be great to and WB need to get her in the current cinematic universe as soon as possible.

I believe HT will announce more DC stuff until the end of the year. (Not counting Cyborg from JL)

Maybe Arkham, Returns or 1/4...

Aquaman is 10 months away, Shazam and WW2 will debut in 2019 (with slippery release dates). After 2019 nothing is guaranteed.

Except for Shazam, WW and Aquaman will be ”easy” to make/update. They have to give us something else for the next 12/24 months.

At least I hope so... :)

Back