Why Owen, Why?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when you go into shock you die...how is that suicide?? did you sign up for the shock or maybe ask for it. or try to do it to yourself? just doesnt make sense to me ..

I think Tom Cruise could benefit from shock therapy.

i think he 'has' benefited from shock therapy. :lol

they say a car battery and jumper cables do wonders for your perspective on life.

YOW!!!

Owen issues Statement:

"I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time."

Im always amazed when people try to commit suicide and fail.

I didn't believe it until Owen's own issued statement. I take what mags. like The National Inquirer have to say with a grain of salt. It's a very sad situation and hopefully he will seek out treatment that might help in some way.

who is more likely to follow through, someone that can pay for the expensive sessions, or someone that doesn't have $10 to their name?

Thats not entirely true, its actually "easiest" (notice the quotes there everyone) for the very poor and the rich to access psychiatric and psychological services. Even though community mental health can be very difficult to navigate the resources are there and many who can't afford services are able to access them. As well as of course the very rich who can pay out of pocket or have insurance.

Its (as usual) the middle class who have the most trouble accessing resources.

But for the issue of follow through on services, that again is very individualized, some people are able to recognize they have a problem and take steps to ensure they are safe, or that others around them will watch out for their well-being while others do not for their own individual reasons. It can actually be more stigmatizing for some to admit or disclose they have stuggles with mental health. This is a great case-in-point, Owen Wilson makes an attempt and here we are discussing this very personal matter on a discussion board... would that make you comfortable seeking help?

Im always amazed when people try to commit suicide and fail.

There's actually a lot of information about this if you are interested, but big factors are method chosen and if there are people around. Its hard to go very long in our day to day life w/o someone coming and checking-in on us, and many methods take a while before they are fatal.

Also sometimes after a person swallows pills, cuts their wrists or whatever they change their mind and seek help. There are a number of scenarios that can play out to prevent a completed suicide.

I read that one of Kurt Cobain's relatives (and Uncle or a grand uncle or something) committed suicide by slicing his own mid-section and pulling out his own entrails. Effective and painful.

I read that one of Kurt Cobain's relatives (and Uncle or a grand uncle or something) committed suicide by slicing his own mid-section and pulling out his own entrails. Effective and painful.

And oh so yummy. Hagus anyone?

youredoingitwrongqf0.jpg

Back