Why Owen, Why?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very strange. He is one celeb I would never peg for suicidal tendencies. It is also weird that I haven't read this anywhere else yet too.

They may have paid for the exclusive, rags like this pay... paramedics, witnesses, hospital staff, whomever will confirm it.

That is why I fear it might be true... but the method they say he used (wrist slitting) seems a little suspect to me.

They may have paid for the exclusive, rags like this pay... paramedics, witnesses, hospital staff, whomever will confirm it.

That is why I fear it might be true... but the method they say he used (wrist slitting) seems a little suspect to me.

Yeah the first thing I thought was Needle in the Hay. That part in Royal Tennebaums where Luke Wilson is slitting his wrists... I also thought the pills part was weird. I guess stranger things could happen though. Wasn't he just in the Parade magazine talking about how great his life is?:confused:

I don't follow his career very closely but the wrist thing seemed more like something a chick might do... to me anyway.

I hope it's just a publicity stunt to promote some show like "DIRT" and the rag bit on it... but the Enquirer prolly had at least 3 rock solid confirmations before running the story.

When we start getting quotes, we should know but I guess cops confirmed he was being detoxed.

Actor Owen Wilson was hospitalized after attempting suicide, sources tell the NATIONAL ENQUIRER and Star magazine exclusively.

Wilson was transported to St. John’s hospital in Santa Monica , Calif. on Sunday, August 26, by ambulance. Sources tell the ENQUIRER and Star that he sliced his left wrists and took an indeterminate amount of pills.

He was discovered by a family member who summoned help.

Police and an ambulance responded to a 911 call from Owen’s house around noon on Sunday.

His wrist was sutured and bandaged at the hospital.

The ENQUIRER and Star broke the story of Owen’s hospitalization earlier Sunday and revealed that he was being transferred from St. John’s after being stabilized. The publications learned that he was going to be detoxed.

Owen was brought in to St. John’s in very serious condition. Police were on the scene immediately as was a criminal defense attorney, believed to be working for Wilson. Some of Owen’s family was with him.

Wilson was stabilized at St. John’s.

More on this story as it develops…

Last edited:
Man, I hope this isn't true. I can't find any confirmation outside of the Enquirer or Star either (neither of which I trust to be especially accurate in their reporting), but if they do have some kind of exclusive, who knows how long it might take for other, more credible outlets to say something.

It just doesn't make sense.

Variety has picked up on this story but keep it closer to the vest, confiming his Hospitalization and quoting the Police detox Report....

https://www.variety.com/article/VR1117970920.html?categoryId=13&cs=1

Actor Owen Wilson was taken to a hospital in Santa Monica, Calif., Sunday, according to a story Drudge Report linked to on Sunday.
According to the report, Wilson was transported to St. John's Hospital. Citing sources, The National Enquirer and Star magazine said the star of "Wedding Crashers" and "Starsky & Hutch" had cut his left wrist and taken an undetermined amount of pills.

He was found by a family member who called for help.

Santa Monica police confirmed only that the actor had been taken to a hospital, TMZ.com reported.

"On Sunday Aug. 26. 2007 at 12:10 pm officers from the Santa Monica Police Department responded to a medical assistance call from the Santa Monica Fire Department," the police said in a news release. "The person was transported to a local hospital where they are being treated."

Citing medical privacy laws, the police did not release any further information.

The Enquirer said Wilson's wrist was stitched and bandaged at the hospital, and that Wilson would "be detoxed."

A call to Wilson's publicist was not immediately returned. TMZ said.

Maybe he had enough of been insulted because of his nose.:monkey3

a guy with so many opportunities and who doesn't value his life, is looking for some attention. now he'll be forever known as a suicide chump. no sympathy from this end. zappa said it best:

You say there ain't no use in livin'
It's all a waste of time
'N you wanna throw your life away, well
People that's just fine
Go ahead on 'n get it over with then
Find you a bridge 'n take a jump
Just make sure you do it right the first time
'Cause nothin's worse than a Suicide Chump

You say there ain't no light a-shinin'
Through the bushes up ahead
'N we're all gonna be so sorry
When we find out you are dead
Go head on and get it over with then

Now maybe you're scared of jumpin'
'N poison makes you sick
'N you want a little attention
'N you need it pretty quick
Don't wanna mess your face up
Or we won't know if it's you
Aw, there's just so much to worry about
Now what you gonna do?
Go head on 'n get it over with then

You're on the bridge;
Scared to leap,
But a girl walks over
To take a peep. . .
She says: "DON'T DO IT"
But wouldn't you know...
The girl got a head
Like a buffalo
With a little red hair
All over the top
An' her breath would make the
Traffic stop
She says "I LOVE YOU...
BUT FIRST, LET'S EAT"
And all you can say as you run down the street

Very strange. He is one celeb I would never peg for suicidal tendencies. It is also weird that I haven't read this anywhere else yet too.
I agree, he doesn't fit the profile at all. He seems like such a happy person and not one who would do such a thing. It this is true, I hope he can pull his life back together.

a guy with so many opportunities and who doesn't value his life, is looking for some attention. now he'll be forever known as a suicide chump. no sympathy from this end. zappa said it best:

I'll guess from this statement that you haven't worked with suicidal people in the past, but opportunities don't equate to happiness. We don't know the full life history of this person or what personal struggles he may have had or if there might be some sort of organic issue that causes severe depression or psychosis.

And as much as I like Zappa... attention is not always the reason people attempt suicide. Sure it happens, but its a fairly broad and insensitive assertion.

Impossibtle to know what suicidal people are thinking, feeling, or why they are the way they are.

Just hope for the best for him and his family.

I agree, he doesn't fit the profile at all. He seems like such a happy person and not one who would do such a thing. It this is true, I hope he can pull his life back together.

Funny you should say this but often times people use humor as a defense mechanism and to hide how horrible they really feel inside. The funniest people often go through depression the worst but you would never know it because they hide behind their jokes. Jim Carey also went through a severe spell of depression and a lot of comedians often use drugs to self medicate.

My psychology lecture is now over. :lecture

You say there ain't no use in livin'
It's all a waste of time
'N you wanna throw your life away, well
People that's just fine
Go ahead on 'n get it over with then

You say there ain't no light a-shinin'
Through the bushes up ahead
'N we're all gonna be so sorry
When we find out you are dead
Go head on and get it over with then

Now maybe you're scared of jumpin'
'N poison makes you sick
'N you want a little attention
'N you need it pretty quick
Don't wanna mess your face up
Or we won't know if it's you
Aw, there's just so much to worry about
Now what you gonna do?

You're on the bridge;
Scared to leap,
But a girl walks over
To take a peep. . .
She says: "DON'T DO IT"
But wouldn't you know...
The girl got a head
Like a buffalo
With a little red hair
All over the top
An' her breath would make the
Traffic stop
She says "I LOVE YOU...
BUT FIRST, LET'S EAT"
And all you can say as you run down the street

Very enlightening...any more words of wisdom from Frank Zappa? :rolleyes:

If people would stay away from the pills and keep to the green:monkey3...things like this wouldn't happen...pills = bad :monkey1

Not true. I love pills. Pills are good, you just gotta know what your body can handle.

Although the green is mighty fine too.

Back