Why Owen, Why?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exactly, which means you can't justify saying that he probably didn't want to succeed. who knows what was going through his head?

surely if he wanted to succeed, he could have thought of a higher percentage method. jumping from a bridge, overdosing, or jumping into a lion's den at the zoo may have yielded a better success rate. this tells me he was looking for attention and not to succeed in his attempt. what does it tell you, if you can come to a conclusion?

superstock_2835-458429_b~Skydivers-Jumping-from-Plane-Posters.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

no, i'm not a coward. i face everyday putting my best foot forward. and because life didn't go my way, i didn't stamp my feet, throw a tantrum, and piss on all my family and friends, leaving them with the heartache wondering if there was something they could have done to keep me from being a selfish pud.

What you obviously don't realize is a person suffering from depression, to the point where they a considering suicide, don't have the slightest clue they are being selfish. They honestly believe they will be doing their family and loved ones a favor. No, it's not rational, but they are not thinking rationally...they are mentally ill and as such are not capable of normal, rational, cognitive thought.

i am professing that everyone has problems. but hollywood actors certainly have more resources to seek help than the average joe. do you know how much a visit to the shrink costs? who is more likely to be able to afford professional help, an actor or a cashier, even though their problems may be identical?

Again, you're referring to money being a solution. A shrink won't change that you're lacking a soul mate in life or some other worthwhile aspect of human life. They can prescribe meds and talk to you, but that's not always an answer to something, sometimes you just need family and friends and if that happens to be something you're lacking and the very wound you're trying to heal, you're kinda stuck there.

We don't know what goes through someone's mind when they do something like this; I'd imagine it's often a spontaneous action or just a final snapping. I've had times where I thought I was all on my own to deal with things and things weren't going right and yes, there are resources out there, and my family and friends were around but that wasn't occurring to me at the time, and the human brain is very irrational at times and the obvious doesn't occur to them. Some people who try to kill themselves aren't in a state of mind to think "man, I need help, I need help, I should find a psychiatrist," I'm sure a lot of them get to a point like "****, I've got nothing, this hurts, I can't ****ing take this, ****! ****! ****!" and then snap and do something that in an irrational mind state sounds like a solution.

surely if he wanted to succeed, he could have thought of a higher percentage method. jumping from a bridge, overdosing, or jumping into a lion's den at the zoo may have yielded a better success rate. this tells me he was looking for attention and not to succeed in his attempt. what does it tell you, if you can come to a conclusion?

tells me that we only have very limited sources right now, the first one being from a ****ty tabloid.

also tells me that taking pills and slitting your wrist (or wrists) sounds like it would do the job if you ask me. but hell, what would i know? my best friend only does CSI for a career, and knows the way that most suicides are performed and executed properly. and what method would that be? pills and substance abuse, followed by strangulation.

just so everyone knows, i have my own opinion forged for this subject. although you may have a good point to make, don't dare to change mine or post like my opinion isn't the right way to think about this subject.

i respect your opinion, respect mine. i have my reasons.

Again, you're referring to money being a solution. A shrink won't change that you're lacking a soul mate in life or some other worthwhile aspect of human life. They can prescribe meds and talk to you, but that's not always an answer to something, sometimes you just need family and friends and if that happens to be something you're lacking and the very wound you're trying to heal, you're kinda stuck there.

We don't know what goes through someone's mind when they do something like this; I'd imagine it's often a spontaneous action or just a final snapping. I've had times where I thought I was all on my own to deal with things and things weren't going right and yes, there are resources out there, and my family and friends were around but that wasn't occurring to me at the time, and the human brain is very irrational at times and the obvious doesn't occur to them. Some people who try to kill themselves aren't in a state of mind to think "man, I need help, I need help, I should find a psychiatrist," I'm sure a lot of them get to a point like "****, I've got nothing, this hurts, I can't ****ing take this, ****! ****! ****!" and then snap and do something that in an irrational mind state sounds like a solution.

not a solution but a resource to seek help. if someone has the money to seek counseling, they are more likely to get the help, true?

as for someone hurting and deciding on a whim to end it all, that's certainly a different story and wouldn't matter if you had 10 million or 10 cents. it sounds like from your description you don't feel professional help would make a difference. i think it would.

look king, i respect your opinion, but not so much when you poke fun and name call. for me this is a serious subject.

that being said, i can't expect much support from the king of darkness. after all, suicide keeps the fresh souls coming down below. :devil :google :devil

What you obviously don't realize is a person suffering from depression, to the point where they a considering suicide, don't have the slightest clue they are being selfish. They honestly believe they will be doing their family and loved ones a favor. No, it's not rational, but they are not thinking rationally...they are mentally ill and as such are not capable of normal, rational, cognitive thought.

makes sense they're not of sound mind.

look king, i respect your opinion, but not so much when you poke fun and name call. for me this is a serious subject.

that being said, i can't expect much support from the king of darkness. after all, suicide keeps the fresh souls coming down below. :devil :google :devil

:peace

All I really do is name call and poke fun, its how I work.

Maybe I'm depressed:confused:

Anyway, fresh souls for the Dark Prince is always a good thing :devil

:peace

All I really do is name call and poke fun, its how I work.

Maybe I'm depressed:confused:

Anyway, fresh souls for the Dark Prince is always a good thing :devil
Now you're being glib King. You couldn't possibly know if you're depressed.You haven't done the research, but he has:
Szaszcruise.gif

Back