Why Owen, Why?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll guess from this statement that you haven't worked with suicidal people in the past, but opportunities don't equate to happiness. We don't know the full life history of this person or what personal struggles he may have had or if there might be some sort of organic issue that causes severe depression or psychosis.

And as much as I like Zappa... attention is not always the reason people attempt suicide. Sure it happens, but its a fairly broad and insensitive assertion.

we all have personal struggles large and small. EVERYONE of us. some have many 'options', and some don't have any options at all.

i can safely say owen wilson has a giant bankroll and the disposal of hollywood's finest shrinks. if he finds it necessary to want to kill himself, and doesn't succeed, he probably didn't want to succeed.

no, i don't work with suicidal people and no, i may not be as sensitive as say, a suicidal hotline operator, but what i do know is life kicks you more often than not. suck it up and deal with it.

i'd say at the very least, someone with suicidal tendencies is better off in a hollwood actor's position, than a minimum wage worker at mcdonald's.

my opinion is mine. sorry you don't agree. life is tough and no one said it would be easy. i say stop whining and deal with the hand you're dealt.

a very good friend had been in a wheelchair for 25 years after a motorcycle accident. his feet swell, he gets uncontrollable twitches in his legs and he can't have sex. but he wakes everyday and tries 110%. he went to school and has been a programmer for ibm for 10 years, even though he doesn't have to do a thing. he almost always has a smile on his face because he's happy to be alive and respects life. no sympathy for the hollywood actor with the big bankroll, rolling in women, and has every opportunity and luxury a person can have in this society. i think being an actor is the number 1 job in america.

we all have struggles, don't we? we all learn to live with them and not take a coward's way out.

I'll guess from this statement that you haven't worked with suicidal people in the past, but opportunities don't equate to happiness. We don't know the full life history of this person or what personal struggles he may have had or if there might be some sort of organic issue that causes severe depression or psychosis.

And as much as I like Zappa... attention is not always the reason people attempt suicide. Sure it happens, but its a fairly broad and insensitive assertion.

I'd love for some of these "mental health experts" to actually spend some time in a "psyche" hospital before they make these idiotic, insensitive statements. :rolleyes: They'd soon realize there is no guarantee to a lifetime of good mental health, just like there is no guarantee we will all have good physical health. These hospital's are filled with people suffering from all types of mental disorders, people who, at some time, were no different than the rest of us.

my opinion is mine. sorry you don't agree. life is tough and no one said it would be easy. i say stop whining and deal with the hand you're dealt.

Don't apologize for your opinion. I certainly won't for mine. I agree with what you are saying. But is there room in your solid view of life for a little compassion?

:lecture tylerd:

seems to me that if somebody tries to commit suicide, they want to die or call for help, period. i strongly disagree with you when you say "if he finds it necessary to want to kill himself, and doesn't succeed, he probably didn't want to succeed." have you tried to commit suicide?

anyway, i'm glad to hear he's alive, and if the story is true, best wishes to him and his family.

I think it's funny how some people look at Hollywood people going through problems and think they're immune to legitimate problems because they have money and all that. The ones that go on drinking benders or go through something like this are because they don't have something worthwhile, money, girls that sleep with you, all that sort of stuff may be fun for a time but in the end it leaves your soul with an empty void. I have compassion for celebrities that go through a crisis and seek out help and take it seriously, like Matthew Perry's drug rehab. When I lose my compassion is when people like Lindsay Lohan abuse the system and turn in it into a fad when there are others giving 150% to improve and fix their problems and the celebs treat rehab like it's the cool thing to do now. Everyone is prone to problems, and they need support and help with them and we have to be there for one another. I wish the best for Owen and his family if this story is legitimate, and I hope he can find a way to heal whatever drove him to this course.

Don't apologize for your opinion. I certainly won't for mine. I agree with what you are saying. But is there room in your solid view of life for a little compassion?

i have my reasons why compassion for this subject is limited. i myself have had some very hard things in life to overcome. but not once did i think of ending it all even though i didn't like what life dished out. sometimes life sucks, but it also has alot of great things to offer.

maybe this link can explain the way i feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i35WRFDcKGo

Its easy to judge from a distance.

When its a mother,father, brother or sister who does something like this your tune will change.

I think it's funny how some people look at Hollywood people going through problems and think they're immune to legitimate problems because they have money and all that. The ones that go on drinking benders or go through something like this are because they don't have something worthwhile, money, girls that sleep with you, all that sort of stuff may be fun for a time but in the end it leaves your soul with an empty void.

You're exactly right. It's hard to believe some people still think money + fame = happiness. One look at what's going on these days in Hollywood should dispel that myth forever.

:lecture tylerd:
i strongly disagree with you when you say "if he finds it necessary to want to kill himself, and doesn't succeed, he probably didn't want to succeed." have you tried to commit suicide?

no, i'm not a coward. i face everyday putting my best foot forward. and because life didn't go my way, i didn't stamp my feet, throw a tantrum, and piss on all my family and friends, leaving them with the heartache wondering if there was something they could have done to keep me from being a selfish pud.

Its easy to judge from a distance.

When its a mother,father, brother or sister who does something like this your tune will change.

let's just say i have the experience. and i feel i'm right on tune. people that commit suicide, or attempt it, are plain selfish.

no, i'm not a coward. i face everyday putting my best foot forward. and because life didn't go my way, i didn't stamp my feet, throw a tantrum, and piss on all my family and friends, leaving them with the heartache wondering if there was something they could have done to keep me from being a selfish pud.

Well aren't you special.

Do you need some steps to get off that horse.

exactly, which means you can't justify saying that he probably didn't want to succeed. who knows what was going through his head?

I think it's funny how some people look at Hollywood people going through problems and think they're immune to legitimate problems because they have money and all that.

i am professing that everyone has problems. but hollywood actors certainly have more resources to seek help than the average joe. do you know how much a visit to the shrink costs? who is more likely to be able to afford professional help, an actor or a cashier, even though their problems may be identical?

Back