why no more statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have, but Faramir and Eomer were more important characters, and i love the MoS bust :D But, a MoS on steed Weta statue would have been my fave of the lot, beating RWOS.

And i'd love a Kong vs Rex statue.

And did Weta or SS decide the ES for the latter LOTR pieces?

The Kong vs V-Rex statue is one of my favorites....it is not only huge, it is extremely well sculpted. It is easily as good as anything ever done by SSW, and better than most. And as an added bonus it is dirt cheap these days.

As for the SS Weta question, it is my understanding that SS were merely the distributor and that decisions regarding character choice, ES, and the manufacture of the statues/busts were made by Weta. SS may have had some input but ultimately the decisions were Weta's.

Believe it or not, the quality that SS added to the SS/W statues was well done. Compare to that the quality of the paint app, and the statue construction of Weta on their Narnia, or Kong lines -- there is a difference. Case in point, my Peter on Unicorn has stress cracks on the hind legs. This is not the case with the Gandalf on Shadowfax. I'm not gonna go into the paint apps as well . . .

I prefer statues over "dolls". SS brought the statues back with the Dioramas. It would be nice to SS/Weta team up again for the Hobbit.

...Mind you, I don't think it helped much when Weta raised both the ES and retail price of the Kong vs V-Rex statue after they had already began taking pre-orders. :rolleyes:

You'll have to forgive Weta, they are relatively new to the collectibles distribution market. They haven't figured out that it's a no no to increase an edition size. The proper thing to do is release an "International Edition". :rolleyes: :lol

Back