Why is the 1/6 Creature so much more expensive?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Creature is without a doubt one of Sideshow's best 1/6 figures ever.

The thing that makes this figure so good IMO is the fact that the figure's "rubber suit" is constructed almost identical to the actual suit used in the movie.

Yeah, I have hunted this one for a while. The price is pretty steep but from what I have seen it is an amazing figure and very very worth it. :rock

I WILL have one coming here soon, still working out a deal with someone. :rock

And here's an aussie selling both creatures for pretty cheap...
Man, I'd get those at that price!

Well since a live auction was posted those prices will be null and void in a couple of days....:monkey3

Better start hunting elsewhere because I guarantee these two auctions will be watched like hawks and sniped to all holy hell before its done.

The Creature really is a kickass figure... he's not perfect, but darn close IMO. I got lucky with the creature, my buddy Nate was able to score one for me a couple years ago. Also is just seems like figures of the Creature always become worth more than others... something about him just screams cool.

But if I didn't have him, I would definitely pay $125 to get one, totally worth it. As for the Mummy... no way. Great effort, but as a figure he kinda sucks, when the wrapped him the joints got twisted at odd angle, and the bandages completely restrict articulation. So you basically end up with a very awkward looking figure. You can even fold his arms across his chest :monkey2

Karloff is Ardeth...

they are two separate figures.

the expensive one

4418R.jpg

and the one still available here and there for retail

4417.jpg

i know.... you described one as the Ardeth Bey Mummy and one as the Karloff Mummy... but both are Karloff.... That's all i'm saying :)

4418R.jpg

QUOTE]

Too bad he doesn't look that good. Final product has wrapping that are way too tight and will not pose worth a flip. You can move his head and hands and that is about it. I'd like to rewrap him, but as you can see he is worth too much to customize. Ardeth Bey is a underrated figure.

DSC_0350.JPG

And yes, the Creature is prolly the best SS Universal Monster. Creature Walks Among Us is pretty kewl as well. Prolly the only 1/6 version of him that will ever be made.

DSC_0351.JPG

The Star Wars armor whiners remind me a bit about the Creature. People demanded and demanded the Creature to be made, and Sideshow gave us Creature Walks Among Us first and everyone was all :confused: :confused: and then BAM, they give us the awesome Gill Man from the first flick and all was good.

EVILFACE said:
The Star Wars armor whiners remind me a bit about the Creature. People demanded and demanded the Creature to be made, and Sideshow gave us Creature Walks Among Us first and everyone was all :confused: :confused: and then BAM, they give us the awesome Gill Man from the first flick and all was good.

I hope that does not mean that "Classroom Professor Jones" will be the first figure in the Indy line. :)

DSC_0351.JPG

That's just sweet. After I've had my fill of SW and LOTR 12 inchers I hope I can still track one down at a reasonable price.

I hope that does not mean that "Classroom Professor Jones" will be the first figure in the Indy line. :)

You laugh but I think an Indy line isn't complete without the Professor Jones to accompany his tomb raiding alter ego

i know.... you described one as the Ardeth Bey Mummy and one as the Karloff Mummy... but both are Karloff.... That's all i'm saying :)

most know karloff plays the mummy in the movie. but officially the sideshow names of the two figures are boris karloff as the mummy and ardeth bay as the mummy. that's what i'm saying. :lol

the ardeth bay mummy goes for about $40. the boris karloff mummy is the one that sells for a bunch. if you got the karloff mummy you did real good.

It's the mummy in bandages, not Ardeth, I got Ardeth a while ago for 15$ ...
Ebay can be a good place too sometimes !

It's the mummy in bandages, not Ardeth, I got Ardeth a while ago for 15$ ...
Ebay can be a good place too sometimes !

vince is the king ebayer!!! :clap :bow

after months of searching internet stores and poor feedback ebay sellers, i pay $300 and vince waltzes in to snatch up boris mummy for $40.

kill me now! :pow :lol

vince is the king ebayer!!! :clap :bow

after months of searching internet stores and poor feedback ebay sellers, i pay $300 and vince waltzes in to snatch up boris mummy for $40.

kill me now! :pow :lol

hehe, yeah, there was a typing error in the auction or it was in another language, I don't know.

It said Mommy or Mommie, not Mummy ...

I also bought Dracula for a nice price, I think I paid 80$ with shipping for both.

I was just happy I was able to find the Mummy figure on the cheap... I'm glad to have him, but I'd have been pissed to buy him for the current prices.

So nobody has unwrapped and re-wrapped the mummy?
Too bad, because the way SST wrapped it up, it looks like ****.
I would definitely try to unwrap it and see what happens, the figure deserves better than what production did to it...

Man I would have no idea how to go about unwrapping and re-wrapping the thing. I think its really cool that they went through the effort to actually bandage the figure... I'm sure it took a lot of manual work. Just sadly it didn't work out that well in the end.

Back