Why is the 1/6 Creature so much more expensive?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it would be cool to have a 1/6 Creature from SS after all the talk of a PF so I did some searching on ebay. The standard version is listed for hundreds of dollars while other vintage monsters (even the SSE versions) are in the neighborhood of $90 to $100. Was the ES for the Creature particularly low or is he really that much more in demand? :confused:

It is an amazing figure. I hadn't realized the prices had gone up so much. I bought a signed one from Oluf last year for around $90. It looks like I got a good deal.

Okay I searched the completed listings. About $125 seems to be the going rate for the color version (which is the one I'm leaning toward anyway, thankfully.) Not unaffordable but I don't know that I'd want to spend that much as opposed to the same amount for Frodo and Sam. Hopefully I can find one down the line as its my favorite old school monster movie after the original King Kong.

I would argue that its one of the BEST 1/6 figures that Sideshow has EVER made. The suit that he wears is very well done and really gives the feel that its actual reptillian scales and overall the figure is very eyecatching. The SSE version is ridiculously priced on the secondary market....I am searching for one as well, because I've only seen it in a friend's collection but both the SSE and Colored versions are extremely well done.

The Creature is just soooo beautiful. :love

creature13ah.jpg

Now were's that PF?!?!

Wow, those are nice! Would you be looking to sell either of those if/when a PF is announced?

Actually, Yes. I haven't taken a picture of all three but I also have the Creature Walks Among us version. But that one you can still find for retail I think. Plus no one liked part 3 anyway. :D

I'm eagerly awaiting a PF Creature in both Color and SSE! :rock

I thought it would be cool to have a 1/6 Creature from SS after all the talk of a PF so I did some searching on ebay. The standard version is listed for hundreds of dollars while other vintage monsters (even the SSE versions) are in the neighborhood of $90 to $100. Was the ES for the Creature particularly low or is he really that much more in demand? :confused:

you probably should look carefully khev. there is an 8" version as well as the 12" version. 12" color goes for about $125 and 12" sse goes for about $150. if you can get either for less, grab them. good luck. btw, i paid $300 for the 12" boris karloff mummy. these ain't cheap for sure.

Sideshows Universal Horror line has hooked a lot of collectors I think, especially when you see the detail that was put into this one.
A real eyecather :)

Really hope the suit will not deteriorate in time.

you probably should look carefully khev. there is an 8" version as well as the 12" version. 12" color goes for about $125 and 12" sse goes for about $150. if you can get either for less, grab them. good luck. btw, i paid $300 for the 12" boris karloff mummy. these ain't cheap for sure.

Then I think I got lucky, I was able to buy a Mummy recently for about 40$.

Then I think I got lucky, I was able to buy a Mummy recently for about 40$.

the ardeth bay mummy goes for about $40. the boris karloff mummy is the one that sells for a bunch. if you got the karloff mummy you did real good.

I'm pretty sure he is referring to the difference between the Ardeth Bey figure and the bandaged Mummy.

Back