Why is Sideshow not putting a Light up feature on Optimus Prime?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricardofeitoza

Super Freak
Reaction score
Good afternoon guys

First of all I already did the pre-order of this nice piece but I would love if they put some light up feature on it. The eyes and the truck lights that are on his body should light up.
This Statue will be perfect if they do that. At least the eyes could light up.
Please Sideshow just make this a great and unforgettable piece.

Someone asked about this on the Q&A area and that was their LAME answer:

Q.
Monday, August 2nd, 2010
Does Optimus Prime light up?
Puny human, Optimus does not NEED lights! Really, probably not – he’s just flat out impressive without them!
Leave a rating or comment »

They will not put lights on this thing, they have already done the pre-ordering. To add lights will probably add $100 more to the price tag...which they wont do. Clearly though this was a huge oversite on SS's part. This SHOULD have been made with a light up feature. I dont know how SS missed such an obvious feature to have.

Chris

Last edited:
I know !!!!! Light up well be perfect, come on ss, this thing is over $1200 !!!!!

Clearly though this was a huge oversite on SS's part. This SHOULD have been made with a light up feature. I dont know how SS missed suched a obvious feature to have.

Chris

I doubt it was an oversight. I'm sure the idea of lights was very much obvious to them. They simply chose not to include them.

I wish they had put lights on it. I mean I'm dropping $1200 on it, i would have gladly dropped another $100 for lighting.

Lights would have been good, though im getting it either way :dunno and it will still be awesome. Though for the price there really should be lights

One other thing. The estimated shipping weight is 8lbs.....yeah right. How could they get that estimate soo out. Unless im missing something

Back