Statue PRIME 1 STUDIO - PMTF-01 OPTIMUS PRIME (Transformers Generation 1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then go buy the plastic toys, at this point you are just trolling - comparing $1000 25 inch statue to a plastic toy.

To answer the other questions who buys this - it's those of us who grew up with the cartoon and hasbro toys - and want a high end g1 statue of Optimus.

You can keep arguing how this statue isnt 100% same compared to a 80s blocky cartoon character, that had no details to begin with. It still makes absolutely no sense no matter how many times you repeat it - we are talking a few blocky cartoon squares.

This statue represents the perfect form of Optimus prime from the cartoon, if he were to jump out of the cartoon into real life, this is how he will look. It's pretty obvious some of you guys are never statue collector to begin with.

I got it. You are the artist who design this Prime LOL. I do not need you to agree with my point. You get your I get mine. Further argue is pointless. Take it easy man.

from SDCC
13707630_1127500570641685_7725595844284896323_n.jpg

13718757_1127500590641683_3582407754746173898_n.jpg

13775794_1127500627308346_8196501255453832437_n.jpg

Born in '78 so I was lucky to grow up with all these amazing cartoons. He man, astroboy, gi joe, transformers and robotech the list goes on. I have the majority of these series on dvd so my kids can enjoy them but rewatching them now you accept them for what they are.

People complain about this not being exactly like the cartoon but the original g1 cartoon especially seasons 1 & 2 where a lot of episodes were rushed out the door and poorly drawn with inconsistent colouring purely to sell toys to us and boy did it work cause here we are 30 years later shelling out a grand for these statues.

I will always love g1 and my kids enjoy it now but this statue is amazing and strikes an amazing balance between what I grew up with and what I imagine a real g1 optimus would look like.

Last edited:
I regret picking up the Bay Prime,now. Should've just hold out for this. :gah:

I can't say I feel the same. I walk in to my theater room and I enjoy just looking at all the details on the bayformers prime. In fact when a guest gets a look at the nerdatorium ( as my wife calls it ) they always go straight to my MR studio scale falcon and then to my P1 transformers.

I can't say I feel the same. I walk in to my theater room and I enjoy just looking at all the details on the bayformers prime. In fact when a guest gets a look at the nerdatorium ( as my wife calls it ) they always go straight to my MR studio scale falcon and then to my P1 transformers.

I can pick up the Bay Prime1 for way below retail. That part ticks me off a bit.
This one turn out nice. I like the face on Prime, very cool

That Nemesis Prime looks killer - love the axe! As cool as it is though, I'd rather have Prime's iconic colors. I'm only getting two characters from this line - have Prime on order and will get Starscream or Megatron.

Please, reboot the TF movies and hire these designer(s). I can't even imagine the level of win that would be.

Please, reboot the TF movies and hire these designer(s). I can't even imagine the level of win that would be.

agreed, this is what the bay formers should looked like. But because it's michael **** bay, he has to complicate and redo all the classic designs. Same goes for TMNT. I am just so glad he didn't have a hand in star trek reboot, can you imagine what monstrosity the uss enterprise would looked like if he was at the helm.

I've heard mention of the "Robot Tax" before and i sorta think I understand now. I'm looking to get this piece to match with the Megatron hopefully coming soon. Yesterday the Prime 1 Frank Miller Batman went up and was $40 cheaper and a 1/3 scale to boot. Not to mention it's a detailed statue with a fantastic base. I was like What gives??!I saw both a SDCC and the batman is much larger and again is no slouch in the detail department. I guess I'm asking can I expect this going forward on all "robot" related items?

I can pick up the Bay Prime1 for way below retail. That part ticks me off a bit.
This one turn out nice. I like the face on Prime, very cool

please tell me where? i cant find it anywhere

Back