Why is Colossus PF so expensive? (serious question)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are all wrong. The polystone is only a very small part of cost. To make a statue, you can ingore the cost of material. Only the cost to keep company running in US is expensive. And of course, SS want more profits. Now people has less money but more and more lines, NRD and big edition size. Let's wait SS decide to lower their price...........

Sideshow knows we will pay higher prices to complete the xmen line therefore they charge us more, they are a company trying to make as much as they can just like every other company.

So where does the money go and why is it that regardless of the industry my friends are in, none of them seem to be seeing any of it?

In 1923, the Deustchmark was trading 4.23 trillion to one U.S. dollar.

Who was 'getting' all that 'money'?

I'm not sure you understand the concept of inflation.

You guys are all wrong. The polystone is only a very small part of cost. To make a statue, you can ingore the cost of material. Only the cost to keep company running in US is expensive. And of course, SS want more profits. Now people has less money but more and more lines, NRD and big edition size. Let's wait SS decide to lower their price...........

Only if some of us were this patient...:monkey2

Oil prices are almost the same as they were 2 -3 years ago so that is a weak argument.

I highly doubt your paying the same money at the pump today that you were paying three years ago. And if you follow the markets you will know that Chinas inflation has sky rocketed. IE wages and business expensives have increased there.

Look at Chinese inflation: https://www.tradingeconomics.com/china/inflation-cpi

98c3b842.jpg

It's gone up almost 4% since 2009.

I highly doubt your paying the same money at the pump today that you were paying three years ago. And if you follow the markets you will know that Chinas inflation has sky rocketed. IE wages and business expensives have increased there.

Bully that is mainly due to tax, the goverment in the UK take the mickey on it and thats why the price is so high at the pumps............ and i know it may be different in Ireland but i assume it is the same there

Absolutely. They take 60-70% of the price at the pump. So while oil has reduced slightly in the past number of months it hasn't resulted in cheaper fuel prices which inturn has not lead to cheaper transportation costs. There is a hell of alot less haulers around.

Absolutely. They take 60-70% of the price at the pump. So while oil has reduced slightly in the past number of months it hasn't resulted in cheaper fuel prices which inturn has not lead to cheaper transportation costs. There is a hell of alot less haulers around.

Yeah it is annoying

Who is to say they didn't have to renew a contract and the new contract is costing them more so they have to raise prices.

Yes we are.

People are getting sidetracked I think so lets get back on track. Lets say that all the outside effects such as inflation, price of oil etc are the reasons for the general increase in prices across the board, Why is this thing still more expensive then Skaar which is bigger and due at the same time?

If the cost increase in materials due to economic conditions is the culprit then by the info on SSC website Skaar should be the more expensive of the two.

Is the website wrong about the specs on Colossus? Or are they just charging more for less because it appears they can?

Simple reason. They charge more for this because this will sell better. Sideshow has the statistics on how many other X-Men PF they have sold. They also have the statistics on our purchasing habits and styles. Add these and other data, they can fairly accurately predict how many of us will be buying this PF.

Pump in the price point into this computations and Sideshow can make an informed judgment on how many of this PF they can sell at which particular price point. They probably arrived at an optimized price point of $400 and priced this piece accordingly.

Business Intelligence/Business Analytics software can perform these computations quite accurately. These software are used by many businesses nowadays to plan and priced their products and services.

If it's too expensive, don't buy it. If you think it's too expensive and you buy it anyway, then you're part of why prices are higher.

I've been buying 3rd party for a long time now to avoid paying prices I thought were too high. If prices keep going the way they're going, I'll have to sit out until Sideshow's prices change or my salary does. Not much we can do besides that.

Back