Why has Hot toys not done any Lord if the ring figures ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi guys,
I know in my position I properly shouldn't tell you this, but I know most of you are hardcore LOTR fans like me, so I guess you do deserve to know why...

It is no secret, the reason is "SELLS"

According to our dealer who also distributes Hot Toys in Taiwan reports, Morgul Lord sold about 100 pc, MK42 sold like 2500 pc !!
that will give you a rough idea... This number also applies to DX12 Batman, most of the Iron man suits, Avengers...etc.

And, Morgul Lord is the best we do, Gandalf only sold half of what Morgul lord did so far.

I have no meaning to put our products on the same table with Hot Toys. They have better skills, technology, and resource, perhaps compare to any other company in the world right now, they are making a quality of toys we dream to do, and we are doing our best to make our way there.

But if I am not a hardcore LOTR fan, I will proper turn my head to Ironman or Batman/Superman too.

I believe it is also why so many brands are doing Avengers/Ironman and Batman in all different size now.

After all, quantity is all that matters in this business. Greater the number, means cheaper the average cost.

After all, quantity is all that matters in this business. Greater the number, means cheaper the average cost.

True and as much as I love Lord of the Rings I can understand companies not wanting to take the risk to make product for a movie from a decade ago. I really appreciate you guys taking the risk and hopefully it will pay off for you. This line is my number one priority in collecting so as long as you guys keep making them and keep your standards of providing quality at a reasonable price I'll keep buying them.

Damn those Gandalf numbers are very disappointing. Hopefully the finished product will look like the prototype and the numbers will increase. Many of us want this line to succeed. Hopefully the company gets the QC problems and shipping delays under control. Any more teases of upcoming products going to be posted soon?

If Gandalf turns out looking like the prototype pictures I think his numbers will pick up once people post reviews of him. At least as many as the Witch King. I am also thinking the 100pc and 2500pc is just what the one retailer sold and not the total number since bbts.com has 50 Witch Kings left and 106 Gandalfs. Also the Asian market for Lord of the Rings products might not be as big as the market for them in Europe or the United States.

hi guys,
I know in my position I properly shouldn't tell you this, but I know most of you are hardcore LOTR fans like me, so I guess you do deserve to know why...

It is no secret, the reason is "SELLS"

According to our dealer who also distributes Hot Toys in Taiwan reports, Morgul Lord sold about 100 pc, MK42 sold like 2500 pc !!
that will give you a rough idea... This number also applies to DX12 Batman, most of the Iron man suits, Avengers...etc.

And, Morgul Lord is the best we do, Gandalf only sold half of what Morgul lord did so far.

I have no meaning to put our products on the same table with Hot Toys. They have better skills, technology, and resource, perhaps compare to any other company in the world right now, they are making a quality of toys we dream to do, and we are doing our best to make our way there.

But if I am not a hardcore LOTR fan, I will proper turn my head to Ironman or Batman/Superman too.

I believe it is also why so many brands are doing Avengers/Ironman and Batman in all different size now.

Thank you for giving us your input on all of this!

The ratio of iron Man sales vs. LOTR sales are not shocking. The reach of the marvel universe far exceeds that of LOTR at this moment in time. I fully appreciate your devotion to the line and getting these figures out to all those who will appreciate them.

For curiosity's sake... Are you releasing any other non LOTR figures this year?

Luckily Asmus is a smaller company and doesn't need the volume sales that HT or SSC do to make it worthwhile. But anything we can do to evangelize these figures would be a help.

evangewhat?

evangelize - to try to convert (a group or area) in this case those not buying LOTR to a different religion in this case Asmus' LOTR line.

Maybe not the best word choice but it makes sense and I kind of like it. Basically our best chance for this line to have longevity is to share how great it is (or could be) with our friends that are spending all their money on Iron Man in hopes to convert some of them over to our cause.

Any volunteers to go preach this in the Hot Toys Iron Man threads? . . . . . . but remember to be respectful and tolerant of their differing beliefs as wrong as they may be. :monkey3

I sing their praise constantly, but of course in a tactful way. Hot Toys fans are firm to their ways. I am no stickler for brand names, I am a stickler for quality... and Asmus hits the mark on that so far.

evangelize - to try to convert (a group or area) in this case those not buying LOTR to a different religion in this case Asmus' LOTR line.

Maybe not the best word choice but it makes sense and I kind of like it. Basically our best chance for this line to have longevity is to share how great it is (or could be) with our friends that are spending all their money on Iron Man in hopes to convert some of them over to our cause.

Any volunteers to go preach this in the Hot Toys Iron Man threads? . . . . . . but remember to be respectful and tolerant of their differing beliefs as wrong as they may be. :monkey3

It's frequently used in a non-religious way meaning to educate the heathens about a particular subject. For instance Apple Evangelist Guy Kawasaki.

I had never seen it as being solely used for religion until I looked it up to post the definition in the thread. I was actually surprised to see the two dictionary websites that I checked didn't give a broader definition. I am still not sure if that is because they simplified it for the web or if it is that specific and we just broaden it in the vernacular use.

So far, I've just started out with my LOTR collection few weeks back & I only got two prominent figures. But I am taking it slowly since I don't want to get burnt buying figures from secondary market or even tertiary. Thus fervently wishing this line, which is being spearheaded by Asmus, would flourish so that we could see other LOTR characters too!

Back