Who's ordered Ilum Padme so far???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope he's not reading all this, might go to his head ;)

As for Padme, I've ordered her too, I think it'll be a nice figure, I don't think it isn't. My only feeling is the cartoon/reality combination kinda confuses the mind when you look at the piece.

And Irish, your comment about 1:1 snowbunny outfits is valid, but their costumes don't seem cartoony, perhaps it's that they use cloth and the patent leather style of the figure adds to the cartoon look. I think if they use cloth instead, this figure will sit better with our brains.

Who'd have thought collectibles actually trigger brain function hehe.

Yeah, I think the cloth would have looked better. Plus making the fur around the boots and gloves larger.

I pre-ordered her. If anything I may make her a custom to look like she did in Episode II in the white outfit with the armband when she was shooting down battle droids helping out Anakin and Obi-Wan. It seems to be at least a good decent likeness of Natalie Portman. I just wonder if there is ANY hair on her head under that parka/hood? What you do you guys think? I hope there is. I have no skills at putting in rooted hair. If there isn't hair I guess I could make some with Super Sculpey.

I would almost guarantee there is no hair on her head under the suit. It would make the hood far too bulky whereas in the animation it was very flat and form fitting to her head.

I would almost guarantee there is no hair on her head under the suit. It would make the hood far too bulky whereas in the animation it was very flat and form fitting to her head.

Trev said he sculpted it to have no hair if I remember what he said correctly.

Trev said he sculpted it to have no hair if I remember what he said correctly.

Yes, he did say that, and here's a picture of the fully painted HS that Sideshow released months ago.

4.jpg

I don't think it's a likeness issue, but the costume just doesn't translate well to real life. If they go the spandex route and discard the shiny I think it will be a winner of a figure. But would I prefer an Arena Padme instead of this? You betcha.

I agree, with the exception of the "winner figure if the shiny goes" bit. That outfit just doesn't work! I belive that any other version of Padmé would be better that a snow bunny Padmé.

No problem Josh. I'm sure a talented customizer could ammend hair to the head, but the actual figure will not have hair. I'd imagine the costume will actually be pretty snug on her and not allow for removal anyway; you'll probably have to rip it apart to get the head out.

Yeah, I imagine the head might even be glued down to the head. I'm thinking in the end they'll go with some kind of spandex material for the outfit.

I suspect gluing the hood down as well, but if they do that, they'd have to make the neck of the material loose so you wouldn't lose articulation, which is key to have.

And Irish, your comment about 1:1 snowbunny outfits is valid, but their costumes don't seem cartoony, perhaps it's that they use cloth and the patent leather style of the figure adds to the cartoon look. I think if they use cloth instead, this figure will sit better with our brains.

That's what I've been saying. The body suit needs to be a lycra-like material and the blue "fluffy" accents need to be fluffier and more feather-like:

mc2006-0492.jpg

IMHO, this translates well in 1:1 and likely would in 1:6 as well.

From what I can see, the part around her head is a totally separate piece from the suit.

Can't believe this thread has gone on so long . The figure stinks , pure and simple . And I'm a fan of the Sideshow Star Wars line .:lol

This figure has potential, that's why discussion is going on. Many of us don't want to give up on the figure and have hopes for it's final potential.

Yeah, right now it's an easy pass but I guess SSC is gonna make some changes to it. I'm really curious to see if they can salvage this one.

A great example, Asajj was very successfully produced realistically as a figure by Sideshow, BUT what made it succeed is that everything just went for realism, head to wardrobe, and that's what makes it work. Padme's costume is by nature cartoony. I know the character is fan choice and by that they seem to want to directly translate the cartoon into a figure, but if that's the goal, then a cartoon portrait should have been used, if realism is the goal, then taking creative license with the costume, as was done with Asajj, would allow the costume to feel more plausible and realistic.

I would be all in for an Ilum Padme if she were done in a more realistic style like Asajj. I just think it would take a lot more than minor tweaking to get this figure from it's present state to something that will fit into the noncartoon SW realm.

After consideration, I decided to cancel this figure myself. I just can't see this being part of my collection.

Hope someone gets her on the wait list.

As for right now...I plan on keeping my pre-order for her. Even if the outfit ends up sucking, I will do a kitbash of Padme Amidala in a movie outfit I liked seeing her in like...the white outfit from the end of Episode II she wore. The one where her, Anakin and Obi-Wan battled out of the arena against the battle droids on Geonosis. I like that outfit for Padme much better than this Clone Wars "snow bunny" outfit. :D Here's some pictures of the one I'm talkiing about right here:

padme_white_promo1.jpg

padme_white_promo12.jpg

That's the outfit I'll make a custom of Padme in for me. Since it one of my favorite outfits she wore. I don't like the goofy "Kabuki" looking ones in Episode I with the huge headdresses. She must have been in some real pain wearing all that on her head!

Last edited:
Back