Who's ordered Ilum Padme so far???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for right now...I plan on keeping my pre-order for her. Even if the outfit ends up sucking, I will do a kitbash of Padme Amidala in a movie outfit I liked seeing her in like...the white outfit from the end of Episode II she wore. The one where her, Anakin and Obi-Wan battled out of the arena against the battle droids on Geonosis. I like that outfit for Padme much better than this Clone Wars "snow bunny" outfit. :D Here's some pictures of the one I'm talkiing about right here:

padme_white_promo1.jpg

padme_white_promo12.jpg

That's the outfit I'll make a custom of Padme in for me. Since it one of my favorite outfits she wore. I don't like the goofy "Kabuki" looking ones in Episode I with the huge headdresses. She must have been in some real pain wearing all that on her head!

A noble idea Mike, but keep in mind you'll have to add and sculpt hair entirely from scratch, or hire someone to do it.

As for right now...I plan on keeping my pre-order for her. Even if the outfit ends up sucking, I will do a kitbash of Padme Amidala in a movie outfit I liked seeing her in like...the white outfit from the end of Episode II she wore. The one where her, Anakin and Obi-Wan battled out of the arena against the battle droids on Geonosis. I like that outfit for Padme much better than this Clone Wars "snow bunny" outfit. :D Here's some pictures of the one I'm talkiing about right here:

padme_white_promo1.jpg

padme_white_promo12.jpg

That's the outfit I'll make a custom of Padme in for me. Since it one of my favorite outfits she wore. I don't like the goofy "Kabuki" looking ones in Episode I with the huge headdresses. She must have been in some real pain wearing all that on her head!

Mike,

Don't you think SS will make that version of Padme?

--Dan (who just quoted so we could all see those pics one more time. Yum!)

Well, I hope that Sideshow will make Padme in that white outfit that I like...but there is no guarantee. I guess we'll see.....

If this one flops, it'll be the last Padme for a long time.

Gotta say, that seems like a crazy statement to make. It's not the Padme character or Natalie's Portrait or Padme's costumes that are causing the concerns of collectors, it's the translation of simplistic subject matter into a more complex format and whether it succeeds or fails. If they did a film figure of Padme right now, I know it'd look fantastic and would be very popular with people. This figure is just conceptually a tough sell with some people.

Plus, again, how can it "flop" financially when the only way to get one now is via the Wait List?

:confused:

Well, at the moment, with no announced ES, people made sure to get orders in. Once the final production piece shows, especially since we've been told the proto isn't close to the complete piece they're going to have production roll out, I imagine that'll be when the success of the figure is determined. If many people just secured an order to be safe and are waiting on the final piece to judge if they get it / keep it or not and find they're not fans in the end, SSC could have to second chance the figure and things like that. It's too soon to use any present facts to determine how the figure will do, but I have hopes for it.

With the strength of this line a Geonosis Arena Padme is practically a certainty along with the eventual AOTC Anakin and Obi (with free flowing mullet)--

Mia culpa. I'm one of the ones who voted for her and then decided not to get her. The work is flawless, I just don't have the space for EU anymore.

The thing with me and this particular version of Padme , is that it's neither one thing nor the other . Is it E.U ? Well , according to Lucasfilm , "Clone Wars" IS canon . It's an animated show , so why use the actresses likeness? (though that is debatable! ) It lacks focus and seems poorly thought out . BUT at the end of the day , like all these discussions , it's down to the tastes of the individual . I was un-impressed with the Ventress figure initially , but now I've seen the production figure , I must say , it's a damn nice item and no doubt I'll end up picking it up! :rolleyes:

The thing with me and this particular version of Padme , is that it's neither one thing nor the other . Is it E.U ? Well , according to Lucasfilm , "Clone Wars" IS canon . It's an animated show , so why use the actresses likeness? (though that is debatable! ) It lacks focus and seems poorly thought out . BUT at the end of the day , like all these discussions , it's down to the tastes of the individual . I was un-impressed with the Ventress figure initially , but now I've seen the production figure , I must say , it's a damn nice item and no doubt I'll end up picking it up! :rolleyes:

Interesting point -- being neither one nor the other.

I agree: I think the outfit was not properly translated into the "real world" on the same level the sculpt was. The cape and belt seem cartoonish and would have been better served to have been developed as a real world costume with that sculpt. Considering how long Padme took from vote to preview, you would think they had all the time in the world to sort this out. Or maybe it was Lucasfilm that caused a lot of back and forth for so long.

In any event, my biggest problem has always been that costume and the choice of material.

Back