Who would buy HT District 9 figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy Hot Toys figures of District 9

• Total voters
no...coz the main character kinda annoyed me...with that silly slang and ish...
the "slang" is how people speak in Jo'burg. and he's SUPPOSED to be annoying because his character has to progress through the narrative.

not every movie is made for toddlers. not every protagonist has to be likable.
i saw a lifesize alien bust from district 9 on ebay few weeks ago

went a lot of money
samesies. it's good to know there's at least some interest in merch from this movie. someone needs to get on the stick and make licensed stuff.

no...coz the main character kinda annoyed me...with that silly slang and ish...

the "slang" is how people speak in Jo'burg. and he's SUPPOSED to be annoying because his character has to progress through the narrative.

not every movie is made for toddlers. not every protagonist has to be likable.

I didn't think the main character was that annoying really. He was quirky, maybe even childishly naïeve, but somehow that made him more human. Not everyone is a standard hero, like many movie characters are. And it also made the change he was going through even better. Not only the physical change, but also psychological. When seeing him in the beginning of the movie, it was almost impossible to predict the things he would do at the end. That's what made him a great character IMO. And of course the incredible acting Sharlto Copley did!

someone needs to get on the stick and make licensed stuff.

Definitely!!! I hope someone at HT reads this thread :D

nah maybe a wikus or christopher figure , or one of the marines

make a great diorama haha, but hey the life size custom alien head i saw on ebay, great piece !

I thought the mech was awesome, it blew the crappy windows off the avatar "mech" if thats what you want to call it.

Hell yes, I would! I'd love a Christopher figure. This was IMO the best movie of 2009, along with Up.

Hell yes, I would! I'd love a Christopher figure. This was IMO the best movie of 2009, along with Up.

yes, it was, but thats doesnt automatically equate to a high demand for products. I think if HT were to do this license, i cant see them doing more than a Christopher Johnson, and when HT does a license, they usually crank out multiple figures, so i honestly dont think it will ever happen. Wikus was a little biznitch imo, wouldnt want anything of him.

This would make a great figure IMO:

D9.jpg

Add prawn hand and alternate prawn eye headsculpt as accessories.

D92.jpg

Would be immense, but can't aww it happening.

Why I am so glad the collaborative custom WIkus is moving steadily along. :rock

yes, it was, but thats doesnt automatically equate to a high demand for products. I think if HT were to do this license, i cant see them doing more than a Christopher Johnson, and when HT does a license, they usually crank out multiple figures, so i honestly dont think it will ever happen. Wikus was a little biznitch imo, wouldnt want anything of him.

I didn't mention anything about being a high demand product; I only said I thought it was the best movie of 2009 for me.

Back