Who would buy HT District 9 figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy Hot Toys figures of District 9

• Total voters

The Entity

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just saw the film in my local theatre yesterday! It only just opened over here :)

I really loved it and I instantly thought (and hoped :D) Hot Toys could make some really cool and innovative figures from this movie.
I for one would love to see:

Wikus van der Merwe:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Christopher Johnson:

Spoiler Spoiler:

And, probably a (very) long shot:

The robot suit :rock :rock :rock

I voted no, there is really nothing to the human characters that would make them stand out on my shelf, the Prawns sure but, meh!..they are not that cool enough looking IMO to be given HT treatment.I think if Neca made them then that would be ok though.

Hot Toys has a slew of better figures yet to make from older blockbuster movies.

Last edited:
I voted no, there is really nothing to the human characters that would make them stand out on my self, the Prawns sure but, meh!..they are not that cool enough looking IMO to be given HT treatment.I think if Neca made them then that would be ok though.

Hot Toys has a slew of better figures yet to make from older blockbuster movies.

I agree with you that most of the humans wouldn't stand out, but Wikus would be a difference, especially displayed with his "condition"

As for the Prawns, I think they could look very cool on a newly developed Prawn body.

This obviously wouldn't be a line which could hold many different figures. Probably just Wikus and Christopher, with maybe a variant Prawn...
But all in all, I'd love to see figs of this movie :)

nah. i'd rather have smaller scale (6" or so) for diorama scenes and so the mech suit could be made.
i don't see something so complicated like a mech or prawn body working in 1:6.
the legs would snap and they'd be like $300.

nah. i'd rather have smaller scale (6" or so) for diorama scenes and so the mech suit could be made.
i don't see something so complicated like a mech or prawn body working in 1:6.
the legs would snap and they'd be like $300.

The mech suit would be too complicated indeed, but I could see them making a Prawn. I'm sure HT would find a way to make one, maybe even give him PERS which would work well with their eyes, because the eyes gave the Prawns humanity.

It would look great, I think!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just saw the movie yesterday and even though I totally loved it I voted no. The designs from the movie just doesn't interest me enough to buy collectibles from it. The plot and action was great (even very touching at the end) so for those that haven't seen it....go now!!

Back