Who should play the next Joker?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well se should be finding out pretty soon what's going on with the next movie, if they follow through with the plan of shooting next year with the 2011 release date. I'm interested to see where this goes. I want to see the Penguin as an arms dealer like he was intended for the second one before nolan wrote him out.

I don't want to see the Joker in another Nolan Batman film, but I heard there isn't going to be another Nolan Batman film, so there it is. I agree that DC needs to focus on getting their other superhero movies up to par. Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (recast, before they ruin it), Teen Titans.

I think Teen Titans is the one I want to see most.

Who's playing him?

I think no one should play the joker.
There is no way anyone will do a better job then heath.
NO ONE !

You cant just ignore the joker, he plays such a significant role in both the comics and films. Heath is dead, But I think they should move on and let someone else step up to the plate!

Not for the next movie. Just say he's in Arkham and move on to something else.

If a story (in where the Nolan movies are going) warrant it, return to the character later...but it's too soon to recast after Ledger's stunning take on the role.

I present to you the "Terry Gilliam" solution: Hire Jude Law, Johnny Depp, and Colin Ferrel to each play Joker.

If I were being serious, I'd tell 'em to stay clear of the Joker character for a long, long time.

i think they will use CGI of some sort to show Heath in the 3rd one, but only in a glimpse, like at arkham, i doubt there will be anymore than 1 joker scene in the next batman, so really there is no one that would play as a next joker for a long time. this would be my guess.

That kid in 3rd Rock From The Sun looks very similar to Heath Ledger. Can't remember his name, nor do I know how his acting abilities are.

He is Cobra Commander, supposedly. Was Cobra Commander scary/funny in the Joe movie, those who have seen it?

the actor from "3rd rock from the sun" is joseph gordon levitt.

gi joe was a cartoony movie, and his performance there was equally cartoony. so that's not a good gauge. he was great in the indie film "brick"--- a very dark, noir detective thriller set in a high school.

i think levitt is certainly a worthy consideration for the joker. of course, heath ledger's performance is by now legendary. but i do not for one second believe his was the be-all-and-end-all of joker performances. after all, before we all saw ledger in action, there was (understandably) a healthy degree of uncertainty about whether he was suited for the role.

so i say, while ledger is currently the definitive joker, he is by no means irreplaceable. people who say he shouldn't/can't be replaced are just short-sighted. sorry, but no offense to anyone who thinks otherwise. :)

having said that, i agree that the joker should NOT feature in the next batman film, at least not as a main villain. they can say he's in arkham and even have a scene of him (maybe shot from behind or in the dark using a body double) bt that should be it.

they can return to the character in subsequent films, when ledger's legacy has had enough breathing space...

Last edited:
Yup stay away from the joker for the next movie, time to move on to batman other villains
Harley Quin perhaps,or Riddler HMMM what bout BANE!

Mister J is alive and kicking.
Heath Ledger does not equal the Joker.
You're getting even more dramatic than usual, CelticP. Everything okay?

i heard a while ago eddie murphy was going to play the riddler, anyone know anything about that??

Back