Who should play the next Joker?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the next Joker will be..........

osment.jpg

Probably Shia LeBouf. He seems to be in every other movie that comes out. Or Nicolas Cage. I would actually really like to see him give it a show. That guy over-acts like no one else, which would suit the Joker.

As much as I love the Joker character and would love to see a better end for him I think I want a new villian for 3. Nobody will be as good as Heath and that will just make me wish they had left him out all together. Just say he is locked away in Arkham and move to somebody else.

If the Joker appears in BB3, it should be as a cameo, and not in full light ... maybe a back-of-the-head shot in Arkham, etc. Just hint at his presence. Either that, or if his face appears momentarily, CG Ledger over the face of the actor ... like Schwarzennegger in Salvation.

As for the next actor that should play the Joker in a new incarnation ... I could see Adrien Brody, Harry Connick Jr., T-Bag (from Prison Break), Hugo Weaving, Hugh Laurie, or Bradley Cooper. Depp or DiCaprio would be pretty easy picks. Brad Pitt may be a sleeper pick ... he was reasonbly good as an unhinged Tyler Durden and in 12 Monkeys. Christian Bale could do it ... but it would be weird for him to play Batman in one incarnation, and Joker in another.

But, fundamentally, I am beyond predicting casting for the Joker. I would've NEVER picked Ledger, and he was great. Find an interesting and faithful interpretation, and go with it.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Have batman walking through Arkham and peer into the padded cell holding joker and only show his eyes looking straight back ( obviously meaning somebody elses ) and have someone do the laugh or say something in his voice. Something like that.
Would be a nice way to close it off since it will be hard to make another batman without any mention of him at all.

If they do the above they can simply use some unused footage of heath and cgi it into a jail outfit. They could certainly use unused audio for his laugh.

But, fundamentally, I am beyond predicting casting for the Joker. I would've NEVER picked Ledger, and he was great. Find an interesting and faithful interpretation, and go with it.

SnakeDoc

Me too, in fact you could probably find one of my quotes from when Ledger was announced as Joker that I thought he was a horrible choice and would fail miserably.

I don't mind that I was proven wrong. I say move onto another villain and just have Gordon and Batman talking about his treatment in Arkham. No cameo, no CGI, just leave it as that. As for the new bad guy, I don't want the Riddler because he's the fan favorite right now and everyone is expecting him.

Another villian regardless of who is cast will have big shoes to fill.
Whilst the bad guys in Begins are awesome they in no way had the same hype and celebration that Ledger had so I would imagine if another batman is made people will always say about the new villian " hes nowhere near as good as Ledger was ".
Then again if Nolan can cast someone as impressive and fitting to the role as Ledger was with the joker I may be wrong.

nolan is not done with the joker character. you can take that to the bank.

nolan is not one to keep loose ends. if he bothered to bring back scarecrow to show us his fate(even in just one scene in TDK),you can bet he'll show us more of the joker in the next film. think silence of the lamb/manhunter with the joker pulling the string from behind the padded cell. he's much too powerful a character to just be ignored entirely.

nolan is not done with the joker character. you can take that to the bank.

nolan is not one to keep loose ends. if he bothered to bring back scarecrow to show us his fate(even in just one scene in TDK),you can bet he'll show us more of the joker in the next film. think silence of the lamb/manhunter with the joker pulling the string from behind the padded cell. he's much too powerful a character to just be ignored entirely.

I like the idea of that when I think about it. Locked up but still causing chaos.

Back