Who should play the next Joker?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chimera 1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Since Heath Ledger played such a great Joker I can't think of anyone that can top him. From Cesar Romero to Jack Nicholson to Heath Ledger this character has only gotten better and darker. Who would be a quality replacement?

It is such a distinctive, and different kind of role that it is hard to say without seeing an actor actually try out a role of that kind. I think Nicholson's Joker was too much of a ham, but if he would have done that role in a darker style in his earlier days, he might have been amazing.

Of course, Johnny Depp might have an interesting take.

That kid in 3rd Rock From The Sun looks very similar to Heath Ledger. Can't remember his name, nor do I know how his acting abilities are.

Joker's been done. Time to move onto another one of Batman's foes.
Or one of Flash's foes--the Trickster!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/MDIHfCJWAiU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/MDIHfCJWAiU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Joker's been done. Time to move onto another one of Batman's foes.

Such as? Joker may have been done but he is a recurring enemy no matter what format batman is in print, animated, live action etc. He will always be there. They have to replace him.

I am for putting the Joker to rest until the franchise gets another upgrade that is as good as the recent one...

and I do not see that happening any time soon.

In fact, I feel that it will be long enough before that happens that the next awesome Joker is not even likely to be born yet.

I don't want to see the Joker in another Nolan Batman film, but I heard there isn't going to be another Nolan Batman film, so there it is. I agree that DC needs to focus on getting their other superhero movies up to par. Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (recast, before they ruin it), Teen Titans.

I think Teen Titans is the one I want to see most.

I am for putting the Joker to rest until the franchise gets another upgrade that is as good as the recent one...

and I do not see that happening any time soon.

In fact, I feel that it will be long enough before that happens that the next awesome Joker is not even likely to be born yet.

Doesnt matter to me. Heaths portrayal of the joker was great, but I dont care who replaces him. As long as bale returns as batman. To me it seems like thats been the biggest problem with batman movies is batman/ bruce wayne being portrayed by so many different actors.

I don't want to see anyone else play Batman, that's for sure. Maybe they can get Nolan to do a Justice League movie. Better yet, a Superman/Batman movie that could serve as a launching point for Justice League. That would be sick.

i really wouldnt like to see joker in the 3rd batman flick but if they really must, i think Johnny Depp would be a good choice.

I believe once Nolan completes a third film without the character, they should let Zack Snyder direct Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns as a stand alone movie not related to Nolan's trilogy.

Mark Hammil could be the Joker.

He'd be the right age and he's done the voice of Joker in the animated series and Arkham Asylum so he's got the resume.

I believe once Nolan completes a third film without the character, they should let Zack Snyder direct Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns as a stand alone movie not related to Nolan's trilogy.

Mark Hammil could be the Joker.

He'd be the right age and he's done the voice of Joker in the animated series and Arkham Asylum so he's got the resume.

Hamill is the Joker, IMO.

Back