Who Saw Ghost Rider Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rottentomatoes is always a good reference - but the final score isn't much use to me but which critics hated/loved a film. If Mahnola Dargis hates something I know it's a great film. It's also useful to see what they're saying. Most of the negative reviews seem to be stuck on the premise - and a flaming skulled motorcyle spirit of vengenance is why I'm seeing the film.

But that said - I thought it was just okay. Much on the level of Daredevil or FF4, yet better than Punisher, Elektra and not as good as Hulk.

If I can keep my coughing at bay - I will be going to check it out tonight. Even though the previews don't look so good.

Darklord Dave said:
But that said - I thought it was just okay. Much on the level of Daredevil or FF4, yet better than Punisher, Elektra and not as good as Hulk.

I'd say that is a pretty accurate description right there. 100% agreed.

That said, I did enjoy it enough to want to keep my order for the excellent Medicom RAH figure.

My BEST TO WORST of the Marvel flicks (I don't count the Blade movies):

X2
Spider-Man 2
X-Men
Hulk
Spider-Man
Fantastic Four
X-men III
Daredevil
Ghost Rider
Elektra

Just walked in from it!
OK...it's not Shakespeare, but DAMN I HAD FUN! :D

I went in with NO expectations...Zip.
Got some GREAT previews! (Spidey 3 and FF2, and GRINDHOUSE!) all look GREAT! Wanna see all of 'em now! Hard to beat that cool 70's style Drive-IN Grindhouse one though...
And so I was pumped and in mode by the time the Marvel logo rolled...

And then.....
Sam Elliot, God bless his old West bada$$ voice, began narrating, and I was like, "ALRIGHT! We're gonna be ALRIGHT!"

And it was fine. Dumb, over the top, and FUN!
Only Nick Cage could have done that. Anybody else, playin' this straight, it would have been dead in the water...but my Nick...Nailed it!
Again, dumb as tap water. No rhyme or reason, but it sure had me smiling.
And plenty of folks were in there with cellphone cameras blazing, copying scene after scene...cracked me up. Flick should make Marvel some dough this weekend at any rate.

I'll put it this way....you'll forget the words, Candidates, Iraq, Anna Nicole Smith and whatever other depressing stuff is permeating the airwaves at least, while you are in there anyway. It was worth that much to me. :lol

Ride on Rider!

God it was silly!

Looks like it did ok on Friday despite the bad reviews.

Source: ShowBIZ Data
February 17, 2007

Sony Pictures and Mark Steven Johnson's adaptation of Marvel Comics Ghost Rider, starring Nicolas Cage and Eva Mendes, rode home with an estimated $15.9 million its opening Friday, about $600,000 more than Johnson's Daredevil opened with over President's Day weekend four years ago. With that impressive an opening, Ghost Rider is looking likely to set a new record for a President's Day weekend opener if it hold up well enough to make over $45.1 million over the four-day weekend. Either way, it's likely to become Nicolas Cage's biggest opening movie to date by topping his 2004 hit National Treasure.

I saw it with my folks and my brother. My dad LOVED it. I don't think he's ever liked a movie so much....so that was cool

I left my brain and the door and enjoyed it! I don't follow comic books, so it was all fresh to me. I think the character is awesome. it was fun! Just see it with friends/family for a full experience. :)

What I would reaaaally like to see is a prequel with the old west ghost rider.... sweet stuff

Trev

Going to see this on Monday with my Dad. I'm looking forward to it.

No way this can be worse than The Hulk. That movie sucked in so many ways it's not even funny. That had to be the worst money I've ever spent my money on.

Yep, trailers on this were cool! Anyone else get the Resident Evil trailer? Not a huge fan of the franchise, but I love Milla character.

Figuremaster Les said:
Just walked in from it!
OK...it's not Shakespeare, but DAMN I HAD FUN! :D

I went in with NO expectations...Zip.
Got some GREAT previews! (Spidey 3 and FF2, and GRINDHOUSE!) all look GREAT! Wanna see all of 'em now! Hard to beat that cool 70's style Drive-IN Grindhouse one though...
And so I was pumped and in mode by the time the Marvel logo rolled...

And then.....
Sam Elliot, God bless his old West bada$$ voice, began narrating, and I was like, "ALRIGHT! We're gonna be ALRIGHT!"

And it was fine. Dumb, over the top, and FUN!
Only Nick Cage could have done that. Anybody else, playin' this straight, it would have been dead in the water...but my Nick...Nailed it!
Again, dumb as tap water. No rhyme or reason, but it sure had me smiling.
And plenty of folks were in there with cellphone cameras blazing, copying scene after scene...cracked me up. Flick should make Marvel some dough this weekend at any rate.

I'll put it this way....you'll forget the words, Candidates, Iraq, Anna Nicole Smith and whatever other depressing stuff is permeating the airwaves at least, while you are in there anyway. It was worth that much to me. :lol

Ride on Rider!

God it was silly!
I just walked in the door, and was about to type in my thoughts, but somebody beat me to it! :D

Great effects, great fun movie! Do check your brain at the door, because high art this ain't. But it was never supposed to be, and it is abundantly clear that the filmmakers knew that. Apparently very few of the reviewers did.

A great big thumbs up from me. Oh, and the Resident Evil trailer looked awesome to me, too. Can't wait for that one either!

I saw it, and did not think it was very good.

Clearly it ain't high art, I don't think many, if any, are holding it to that criteria. I didn't even expect it to be good to begin with. Still I gave it a chance, as I do like Cage, and he was fine for the most part.

Definitely no more Mark Steven Johnson films for me at the theatres.

Not a bad take for first weekend...

Satan's bounty hunter has looted the wallets of movie-goers. "Ghost Rider," Sony's comic-book adaptation starring Nicolas Cage as a motorcycle stunt driver moonlighting as a collector of evil souls for the devil, debuted as the top weekend movie with $44.5 million, according to studio estimates Sunday.

tinister said:
I caught it last night.

I prefer catching the FLU again - to be frank :(

You didn't like it!
a plague upon you!

but only after you and I chat about the Bruce Lee again :)

lol. It's probably cause I'm still sick. I'll catch it again on DVD when I'm better.

I remember HATING "Silence of the Lambs" when I saw it in the theaters because I had a major bad sore tooth at the time.

SOTL turned out to be one of my favorites of all time - when I saw it again much later on tv.

Bum said:
You didn't like it!
a plague upon you!

but only after you and I chat about the Bruce Lee again :)

Hey, Bum!

Sure. I'm on Daniel Craig duty for this week, but I'll be getting in touch with you right after about your Bruce figure.

Tin :)

Back