Who Saw Ghost Rider Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol. Did I spell turd wrong? Is it Terd - as in a piece of poop? No offense intended :monkey3

It's not as bad as i thought but i was disappointed that the bad guys die so easily.... they look way tough to die that fast... oh well

I agree that death came way too easy. If you sit back and watch this movie like you're reading a comic book, I think it's pretty enjoyable. Not stellar, but the box office receipts are proof enough to doubters that it is a popular movie.

Just because it's a popular movie doesn't make it good. Half Nelson wasn't a popular movie at the box office, yet is apparently a great movie. Better yet, I saw City of God, and anyone who has seen that filmed loved it, including myself. Yet after saying that it had very little success at the box office. ID4 made a crap load of money and it was a colossal piece of crap! As did the later Batman films of the 1990's.

What does box office receipts have everything to do with a quality of a film? Of course it will bring in huge money, it was hyped as a big box office movie, was wrapped up in a pretty package, and starred an A-list actor in a month were big box office films are far and few between. Again, Ghost Rider was one of those movies that reached a huge broad audience, had all the pretty effects that dazzle all movie goers and ages alike, and had the big actor to enhance the allure even more. We haven't had one of those type of movies in ages. Any educated person who knows how the average movie goer thinks would know this film would have good to great success in the opening week.

Saw it last night and I liked it a lot! I'd heard all the negative reviews, and I
was ready to hate it completely, but I really thought it was good even though
the baddies were pretty quickly and easily dispatched.

What's not to love about a flaming chopper & a skull-headed super-hero!?
PLUS Sam Elliot as the Old West Ghost Rider - Fantastic!
(How the Hell does he look exactly the same as he did in Roadhouse?
That film came out about 20 years ago! He doesn't age apparently!)

In contrast I rented Crank, and thought it was so stupid and ridiculous that
I couldn't even finish it. In Ghost Rider the motorcycle stunts and tricks were
appropriate to the film. In Crank when the "trick" riding occured, it was stupid
and totally unbelievable.

I also liked Ghost Rider better than Hulk, as a film.

I might not buy it, but I'll definitely rent it when it comes out.

JS

JSA said:
Saw it last night and I liked it a lot! I'd heard all the negative reviews, and I
was ready to hate it completely, but I really thought it was good even though
the baddies were pretty quickly and easily dispatched.

What's not to love about a flaming chopper & a skull-headed super-hero!?
PLUS Sam Elliot as the Old West Ghost Rider - Fantastic!
(How the Hell does he look exactly the same as he did in Roadhouse?
That film came out about 20 years ago! He doesn't age apparently!)

In contrast I rented Crank, and thought it was so stupid and ridiculous that
I couldn't even finish it. In Ghost Rider the motorcycle stunts and tricks were
appropriate to the film. In Crank when the "trick" riding occured, it was stupid
and totally unbelievable.

I also liked Ghost Rider better than Hulk, as a film.

I might not buy it, but I'll definitely rent it when it comes out.

JS

I agree, Crank sucked. Cool premise, crappy movie.

You big butt!

Hey, did you ever end up getting the Hulk PF and curious as to where you ordered him from...

And I do want to take on your offer (if you remember what it was), but it's more-so about freeing up the necessary funds to make it financially viable for me to take it on.

And you're a big butt!

I know...I am! Got the Green Hulk PF from JSA on the board. Hoping to have it early next week.:chew Friday my Grey Hulk VS Spidey is supposed to be delivered. I'm stoked for that!

Well, Box Office numbers may not say it's the best movie ever but they do say that it's good enough to be at least a decent enough movie. Which is what it is honestly. I'm not sure what a lot of people expect in Comic Book Movies anymore. They're gonna be what they are and nothing more honestly. My Dad and I went just to kick back and enjoy and to stare at Eva's Boobies. :lol

jlcmsu said:
My Dad and I went just to kick back and enjoy and to stare at Eva's Boobies.

I'm with ya!
quagmire.gif

Back