Who Saw Ghost Rider Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eva might have great cleavage going but did you see those hideous ears in the final scene....yikes!

screamingmetal said:
I stopped giving movie critics any sort of credibility when Siskel and Ebert gave 2 thumbs down to the Crow. Mostly because Brandon Lee died while filming. They didn't review the movie, just what was going on around the movie. And if someone dieing is enough to dislike a film, then they should've gave Spider-Man 2 thumbs down, a carpenter died on that movie. I remember it well since it happened in my hometown and it was all over the news.

I'd like to see Ghost Rider, but probably won't get to until next week.

Ebert actually loved "The Crow"

https://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/19940513/REVIEWS/405130302/1023

Yep, I just got back from seeing Ghost Rider and I give it a DOUBLE MEGA NEGATIVE. IMO this movie was no good. I wanted to get up and leave within the first 30 minutes. I couldn't relate to the characters, the movie seemed rushed and what the hell was up with Ghost Rider's voice.

Sitting through this movie made me understand exactly why Spider-Man has been such a successful franchise. I believe that Peter feels guilty for Uncle Ben's death. I feel sorry for his failed relationship with his best friend. I know what it feels like to be a poor college student who can't pay his bills without help. I want him to just open his mouth and tell MJ who he really is because someone who loves you will understand and not judge you. If they love you they willingly accept the danger. I can relate to Peter Parker and for that reason above all I never question why I'm in the theater rooting for him.

UndercoverToyBoy said:
Yep, I just got back from seeing Ghost Rider and I give it a DOUBLE MEGA NEGATIVE. I couldn't relate to the characters, the movie seemed rushed and what the hell was up with Ghost Rider's voice.

Just out of curiousity, what did you expect GR's voice to sound like?

Considering the comics and how he spoke in them in regards to the words he used (especially during the Daniel Ketch run) I think the voice was just perfect for the character.

I too had trouble liking it at first, but after several lines I really liked it.

nash said:
I couldn't have said it any better myself!! I can't say enough good things about the maquettes (both of them). It even rivals PF Lurtz in my book on sheer awesomeness, but Lurtz may take the edge based soley on size.

rider8.jpg

Well, I have to admit this pic sold me. Good movie or not, this piece does kick arse.

I put myself on the wait list.

Bardoon said:
Just out of curiousity, what did you expect GR's voice to sound like?

Considering the comics and how he spoke in them in regards to the words he used (especially during the Daniel Ketch run) I think the voice was just perfect for the character.

I too had trouble liking it at first, but after several lines I really liked it.

To tell you the truth I've been a fan of the Ghost Rider voice from his appearance on the 90's Fantastic Four Cartoon. The episode I believe was called "When Calls Galactus"

I never read Ghost Rider specifically but I did enjoy his appearances in titles I did collect - like Moon Knight & X-Men. I've got a Ghost Rider bike on its way from the US... now to grab a Medicom GR to go with it. I'm thinking the figure that comes with the bike will be fodder for an old style Ghost Rider.

I saw it yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I like that it didn't take itself to seriously and had a little humor to it as well. I've always been a big G.R. fan and I must say it was done right!

For this kind of material, I would have preferred a gothoc, slightly over-serious sensibility. Almost a horror flick sensibility.

Customikey said:
For this kind of material, I would have preferred a gothoc, slightly over-serious sensibility. Almost a horror flick sensibility.

I agree with you for my taste but I believe they are shooting for the younger audience. They are trying to drum up business for their comics. I personally like the tortured soul aspects of the later series.

The movie made me cringe. The writing was off-the-wall bad like the last three Star Wars movies. Oh, and the acting, or lack there of... must get out of this thread before I spend the next hour ripping on how cheesy this movie was.

Customikey said:

My feelings EXACTLY. I liked it, don't get me wrong... but they should not have made it family friendly. He is the spirit of VENGEANCE afterall.... Should have been far far darker and a little more twisted. This movie was more kid friendly and lighter than Spider-Man was! Couldn't believe it.

GR's voice didn't sit with me too well either, I think it could have been a little scary. The transformation scene was done well and I liked the corpse work... but this film could have been much MUCH better IMO....

Ghost Rider should be scary and intense.... Even though he does good from time to time.... he should scare the crap out of anyone who sees him...:cool:

I agree on the scarey, goth edge, but having 7 and 9 year old boys I have a different take. While I would've enjoyed a much darker and more serious movie, this was great for my kids. Just scarey enough. It also helped maintain/accelerate their interest in comic characters. It was very much like a 80's comic book. More flash than real substance. I found it...appropriate.

DarkArtist81 said:
My feelings EXACTLY. I liked it, don't get me wrong... but they should not have made it family friendly. He is the spirit of VENGEANCE afterall.... Should have been far far darker and a little more twisted.

The movie wasn't exactly 'kid friendly' man, I took my 6 year old nephew with me and there were some parts where he was wide-eyed and looked scared. I mean there were people being turned into black soul less corpses, demons running around and when G.R. would give the 'penance stare' even I felt a little uneasy. J/K

DarkArtist81 said:
This movie was more kid friendly and lighter than Spider-Man was! Couldn't believe it.:

Yeah, there were some light scenes, but you can't really think that it was as kid oriented as Spider-Man. I mean G.R. flipped off the police in the scene where he jumped in the water!

DarkArtist81 said:
GR's voice didn't sit with me too well either...

What d'ya expect a demonic flaming skull to sound like? Morgan Freeman?

Don't get me wrong... It wasn't completely kid friendly, but I guess my childhood was a little more freaky. My Dad let me watch anything he watched, so I got it all... Nothing really scared me.

And he did Flip off the cops... forgot about that... :lol

No, I didn't want him to sound like Morgan Freeman... just different than what they went with. Still not bad, I got used to it...

Still, I liked the movie... but I would have done it differently had I been at the helm.. that's all...

I am still trying to decide whether to watch this or not. To make my decision easier, how would you rank this movie?

From best to worst:

Daredevil
Electra
Hulk
Fantastic 4
Ghost Rider
X-men III

Hopefully this should give me a better idea.:)

In my opinion ofcourse:

Hulk
Daredevil (Director's Cut only)
X-men III
Fantastic 4
Electra

Ghost Rider (waaaaaaaaaay at the bottom)

carbo-fation said:
I am still trying to decide whether to watch this or not. To make my decision easier, how would you rank this movie?

From best to worst:

Daredevil
Electra
Hulk
Fantastic 4
Ghost Rider
X-men III

Hopefully this should give me a better idea.:)

Spider-Man...1 or 2
X-men II, then I, then III

The ones below aren't in the same league.

Ghost Rider
Fantastic 4
Hulk
Electra...Didn't see
Daredevil... One of the absolute crappiest movies ever made...my opinion

Back