Who makes the best high end 1/6 figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who makes the best high end 1/6 figures?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Who makes the best high end 1/6 figures? (*Updated version*)

Bump!

supes.jpg

About dam time!

Yeah, we should not include HT in the poll, and change the title to

Who makes the second best high end 1/6 figures?

BTW, shouldn't we include DiD and Soldier Story in here, or is the poll just for those who make movie licenses?

DiD owns the WWII and the Historical figures (Che Guevarra, the Samurais), and Soldier Story trumps everyone else in Modern Soldiers and they've lately shown how fantastic they're becoming in the HS department (diminutive head sizes notwithstanding).

Personally, I want someone to go toe-to-toe with HT in terms of licensing, sculpt, and price point (yes, all three). Enterbay's not even close, especially since Arnie Kim isn't working there anymore, they have very questionable choices of licenses outside of BL (I even favor SideShow much more due to this), and taking all things into consideration, they're actually much much pricier that HT. I highly doubt HT has exclusive licenses to all those franchises they're making figures of, so why won't other companies try to make pot-shots out of those?

Re: Who makes the best high end 1/6 figures? (*Updated version*)

Well, not to make waves, even though Hot Toys & Enterbay are the 2 best
on this list, I really don't consider either of them High End.

Most High end figures comes from individuals, not companies that mass produce.
Also, they are limited, normally no more than 100. Most of the
time lower, between 15 and 25 figures.

The past rulers of the High End Figures:Kojun, before he joined Hot Toys, Gorae's SH Kim, before Hot Toys scooped him up.
Some of the New Rulers: Rainman, JIHUN of YJ Project and Serang.

These artist get $900 to $2500 per figure and people pay it. They
are and were top of the line in everything. No detail was to small.
From thread count in clothing, hair on body parts, skin texture,
moving eyes, to viens in the legs, arms & neck. They
did this all before Enterbay & Hot Toys even started to grab
the mainstream markets. You could say, they are 1/6 perfectionist.
Companies like Harue made their living just making clothes for these
high end figure guys. Now Harue(or part of Ha-rue) is with Hot Toys as well.

Enterbay and Hot Toys owe a lot to those pioneers, for they took a lot
from them. Do you think Enterbay or Hot Toys would have moving eye's without
SH KIM's eye unit development for his Gorae style figures? Do you think either would have the skin
texturing technics they now have if not for Kim & Kojun.

Granted, both Enterbay & Hot Toys stepped it up by getting Park & Hong
for Paint apps. Both considered the best in the business as well.

But by default, Hot Toys wins now because they have more of the best in the world; Kojun, SH Kim, Hong and Harue.
Hopefully they won't water down their talents in order to meet a production deadlines.
Their is only so much they can control when it goes to the factory level
to be made. But Hot Toys has certainly stacked the deck in their favor.
So their future looks very bright indeed.

Okay, I think I said enough....:rotfl

Thanks for the lesson, never heard of those artists as I'm fairly new to collecting.
I own some hot toys figures and only the other day I got my first custom enterbay bruce lee so don't think I have enough experience to make a definative choice.

But going on what I am into collecting I'd have to go with hot toys for choice and variety.

Hot Toys is excellent and at the top of the game, however, as far as military figures DiD is really moved the quality of the product up while keeping the price more manageable for us poor peeps.

Brent C.

Wow. Just look at that lead Hot Toys has. Fully deserved IMO for the sheer amount of figures they put out while maintaining the quality. DX Batman and some of the Alien figures of the past have been unfortunate blips in QC but without a doubt they're still the best 1/6th company.

Rainman and other Korean customizers ha!

Truth is they have high end prices, but their stuff in actuality is Hot Toys quality. Heck, Hot Toys hire some these Korean artists. They can charge that much because they make them very limited to like 10 pieces. Kojun works for hot toys, right? So if they were to ask him to make his HEAT Al Pacino and mass produce it, he can no longer charge $1400 for it. It will be sold for around $150.

With these results, maybe another poll thread is needed:

Who makes the second best high end 1/6 figures? :)

I would say Enterbay is right up there with Hot Toys in terms of quality and innovation. Unfortunately, they are currently very limited with what they bring to market.

Back