Who got SDCC rooms?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SideshowDusty said:
Don't you know that the Comic-Con tradition is to fit a minimum of 10 people in one room? 4 on the beds, 2 with their heads in the closet, 1 in the bathtub, 1 in the space between the beds, 1 under the desk, and 1 on the chair/loveseat :lol Seriously though, want to save money and meet new friends? Pile at least 4 in a hotel room. Not enough time for everyone to shower? Jump in the pool and spray on some perfume/cologne :chew

Damn straight. 5 buddies and I stayed in a 2 person room last year. it was a little akward because one of my buddies rolls in his sleep. good thing I was sleeping on the floor next to him :chew. Will probably be the same this year.

No room yet but I will, I am in the process of getting something set up. I think I am going to end up staying in Hotel Circle area since I can most likely pull of a free room:chew

At least someone was able to get a room. :mad: Us SDCC virgins don't know how it works. :eek:

mfoga said:
No room yet but I will, I am in the process of getting something set up. I think I am going to end up staying in Hotel Circle area since I can most likely pull of a free room:chew

Free room eh...? Looks like everybody's rooming with mfoga

Even us vets didn't do very well. Travelplanners sucks!!!!!!:monkey4

And I'd like to encourage everyone to ignore Dusty's "showers aren't important" rant. By Sunday that convention center smells like the post game Chicago Bears locker room.

If I go to SDCC this year, which seems likely, I will be staying with Cap'n and his family. He already said that though, so yeah. I'm stoked for Con!

Wish I could afford to stay in SD like I did 2 years ago, but with petsitting PLUS hotels making the cost way too high, I'll be taking the train down from Mission Viejo (or driving if I can carpool).

Darklord Dave said:

And I'd like to encourage everyone to ignore Dusty's "showers aren't important" rant. By Sunday that convention center smells like the post game Chicago Bears locker room.

Yeah, today did not go well.

No, kidding! I swear some people didn't take a shower the whole time. :lol

jlcmsu said:
Yeah, today did not go well.

No, kidding! I swear some people didn't take a shower the whole time. :lol

I question the fact that some of the people there have EVER taken a shower or even bathed themselves....

Today was a fiasco! I've gone to SDCC every year since 1992 and this was the first year I couldn't get rooms for Thursday and Friday night at the Hyatt. I started banging the net and phones at 8:58 like everyone else... got through via the net at 9:07 and the Hyatt was already sold out for twin beds on Friday night. Uhm... WTF! Luckily my pal I'm going with somehow managed to get through one minute before I did and and got the room this year. So we scored... but by the skin of our teeth!

...But I'm very sad. SDCC has now become so huge it's getting ridiculous. I hate having to battle my a$$ off for what used to be a simple thing. At least my Hyatt streak stays alive. I love that place and don't want to stay anywhere else.

I partied pretty hard with much of the Sideshow crew there last year. At the rooftop bar and the one in the lobby. Only person I don't remember drinking with is Dusty!

EDIT: That Travel Planners site is a joke. Hey - thanks for loading the page with images and stuff to slow everything down even more! Morons!

EDIT#2: Every single hotel is now booked solid for Thursday and Friday nights except the San Diego Zoo hotel or whatever has some Thursday available. Everything was gone in like 2-3 hours today. Unreal!

Last edited:
swabie2424 said:
Today was a fiasco! I've gone to SDCC every year since 1992 and this was the first year I couldn't get rooms for Thursday and Friday night at the Hyatt. I started banging the net and phones at 8:58 like everyone else... got through via the net at 9:07 and the Hyatt was already sold out for twin beds on Friday night. Uhm... WTF! Luckily my pal I'm going with somehow managed to get through one minute before I did and and got the room this year. So we scored... but by the skin of our teeth!

...But I'm very sad. SDCC has now become so huge it's getting ridiculous. I hate having to battle my a$$ off for what used to be a simple thing. At least my Hyatt streak stays alive. I love that place and don't want to stay anywhere else.

I partied pretty hard with much of the Sideshow crew there last year. At the rooftop bar and the one in the lobby. Only person I don't remember drinking with is Dusty!

EDIT: That Travel Planners site is a joke. Hey - thanks for loading the page with images and stuff to slow everything down even more! Morons!

EDIT#2: Every single hotel is now booked solid for Thursday and Friday nights except the San Diego Zoo hotel or whatever has some Thursday available. Everything was gone in like 2-3 hours today. Unreal!

Yea, it's getting pretty disgusting. I remember, only about 5 or 6 years ago it wasn't even packed. Now, you can barely move around in the convention center. I suppose that's to how great the even really is, but I would rather it not be so packed. I'm lucky as well that a buddy got a room when I wasn't able to. Can't even imagine what would happen if I wasn't able to get a room, but I'm sure sexual favors would be involved.......:monkey2 :monkey2

I wasn't able to get a room yet but I hope to go again this year. I think I am going to have to pay through the nose on these rooms. It was crazy trying to get online this time.

JohnyBoo said:
I wasn't able to get a room yet but I hope to go again this year. I think I am going to have to pay through the nose on these rooms. It was crazy trying to get online this time.

JB -- After 3 hours of hunting and comparing on various hotel sites (Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, etc.) I finally got a room fairly close. And, yes, it's costing an arm, leg, nose, hair, and any other pieces parts of my body not vital to my continued living. stupid stupid people at the website :computer

Good luck!

Darklord Dave said:

I dunno, it smells pretty foul even on preview night. :lol

Back