Who got SDCC rooms?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcummins

Universal MODster
Reaction score
Did anyone manage to book a room for SDCC? It was a nightmare this year!!! It took me nearly 30 minutes just to get online and try, all the while getting a busy signal on two phones!!! And you thought Sideshow's Star Wars PPO days were bad!!!

What? Nobody going to SDCC this year? Didn't get a room? Forgot about getting a room? Already got a room at full rates? :confused:

I live in Orange County, so I already have a placeto stay, plus it's free room and board, AND I get to stay there all summer! :D

Oh, and I am officially going to be at SDCC this year, hopefully all three days unless one of them is a Sunday. I'm way stoked, this will be my first time!!!

The only way I'm going is if I can crash with someone. I just can't afford a plane ticket and then 3-4 nights in a hotel. Living on the east coast sucks come SDCC :monkey2

yep, got preview night and all four days at one hotel. trying to get a better room right now, but it's not happening...

No chance!!! I got all the way past entering my CC info and waiting for confirmation and nothing. :banghead Now what! :cuss

I forgot about it, but I live in LA so it's not crucial.

Apparently, I guess I didn't miss much, sounds like I'd go empty handed even if I tried from the reactions I've read

I didn't. Was online at 1 minute after site activated for reservations. Slow as molasses.....missed getting into my top 3 desired hotels, was THAT close to getting a room at a 4th one (was down to just getting a confirmation #) and site froze. By the time I refreshed, etc., room(s) was gone. At same time, my son was on the phone for the entire time, trying to get rooms that way. Both of us failed.

Anybody book an extra somewhere close by (walking distance)? Actually, I need 2 rooms. Help!!!! :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Fritz said:
No chance!!! I got all the way past entering my CC info and waiting for confirmation and nothing. :banghead Now what! :cuss

Got about that far as well, then it froze. Quite frankly that site can kiss my white :censored and then it can take a stick and shove it :censored :censored

We had four people trying for a room and just barely managed to get one! We're still working on other possibilities...

Bannister and I got a room at the Embassy Hotel 5 blocks away from the con for $300 a night for preview night and on! :rock

Fubeca is will prolly be staying with us but if he doesn't come then we'd be open for a third person to split the costs.
:cool:

I am going to try and make it for one day, but staying overnight is out of the question this year. Hopefully they choose a different weekend next year!!

:banghead

Took me forever (over an hour)!! And even at that I'm staying at one of the outlying hotels (7 miles away). At least there's a trolley to take in. Still though...BAH!!!!

Started trying at 8:55 AM, about 20 mins in I got to credit card confirm and then it stopped. Called later to find that reservation didn't take. Got one at one of the remote hotels.

really wanted to, but im in dire need of the money. unless i can pull some last minute stuff there really isn't much of a chance for me to make it this year....SDCC 2008 here i come!!!!

My Brother lives in SD, so I stay with him come SDCC time! :chew

Is there gonna be a Freaks party this year?

I propose a lunch at Dick's Last Resort on 4th St. in the Gaslamp Quarter. That place is crazy, fitting of a Freaks get together. :D

The ill Jedi said:
My Brother lives in SD, so I stay with him come SDCC time! :chew

Is there gonna be a Freaks party this year?

I propose a lunch at Dick's Last Resort on 4th St. in the Gaslamp Quarter. That place is crazy, fitting of a Freaks get together. :D

I'm with ill, we could all meet on preview night for a pre-celebration. Dave usually throws the party on the Friday of Comic Con weekend. :rock

I saw many members just hiding in corners alone and staring into the table candles at last years celebration. We could get to know each other on preview night that way we know whos who when it comes to the Official Freaks party this time around. :drink

Back