Who got SDCC rooms?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The convention is reaching a critical mass. Last year I wasn't able to get into a couple of panels that I was really looking forward to. Saturday is insanely crowded and painful to move around in.

Darklord Dave said:
The convention is reaching a critical mass. Last year I wasn't able to get into a couple of panels that I was really looking forward to. Saturday is insanely crowded and painful to move around in.

Guess they gotta make it bigger and go for a few more days:chew

Can't go this year, I'm super jealous of all you who are!

Darklord Dave said:

Yeah, things are getting nutty.

Darth Loki said:
My ex is supposed to be going now that she's moving to CA. I wonder if I can room with her :monkey1

I'm sure my new girlfriend wouldn't have a problem with that :rotfl

Good luck with that one :lol

Darklord Dave said:
Saturday is insanely crowded and painful to move around in.
I didnt notice my buddy is so damm big (like D-Line big) people move for him and follow him like a lil running back following his blockers:lol

Well Im staying close to a mile away, and ill just get a cab every day. Oh and as for being crowded, I think this is one of those places where I don't care how rude it is... I will say "your in my way, move" if someone is in my way while I walk.

For all those trying to find rooms, don't give up hope. Last year I got our room maybe a few weeks before convention and payed very little. Well ok it was kinda in the Ghetto but we ended up in a 2 bedroom suite. You might not be super close but with people here who will be driving, me being one of them and the train youll be able to get there.

Seriously, you DO NOT want to be driving. There's a pretty good shuttle bus system if you're hotel isn't within walking distance.

Darklord Dave said:
Seriously, you DO NOT want to be driving. There's a pretty good shuttle bus system if you're hotel isn't within walking distance.

Yeah, I tried to warn my Dad last year. He didn't believe me. I got to say I told you so on the way home.

Darklord Dave said:

Listen to the man.. traffic is miserable.. Do no think that you can easily drive to and fro w/o out stress.

:lol driving around Downtown SD is like watching a mice find his way out of a maze. You may even end up going the wrong way and get into an accident. There's trolleys and shuttle buses. Take advantage of those.

TOE said:
:lol driving around Downtown SD is like watching a mice find his way out of a maze. You may even end up going the wrong way and get into an accident. There's trolleys and shuttle buses. Take advantage of those.

Very sound advice. The hotel Lonnie, Adam, my Dad, and I stayed at last year was the first stop on the shuttle area for that hotel. Made for an easy ride.

Bodie The Cursed said:
Listen to the man.. traffic is miserable.. Do no think that you can easily drive to and fro w/o out stress.

I drove down from the OC last year, I made it to San Diego in about an hour and fifteen minutes --- followed by 45 in downtown alone! :horror

Funny... I always leave Thursday morning from Burbank at like 4:00 a.m. and get to San Diego with no problems. Kinda nice. Get there by 6:00 and have breakfast... do an early check-in (if possible) then go get in the first line of many! W00t!

Getting home ALWAYS sucks! Always! No matter when I leave it ends up taking me 3-4 hours to get back to Burbank. It's unreal! ONe year there was a fatal crash on the I-5 North and I got stuck for like 3 hours without even moving an inch. Totally blew!

Back