Which Vader do you want from Sideshow?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which movie should Vader be made from?

• A New Hope

Votes: 54 47.4%
  • Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Return of the Jedi

Votes: 25 21.9%
  • Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
For me, it's Jedi or ANH all the way. Jedi is the more iconic in my mind, just because of the super shiny armor and the memories I have attached to that film.

ANH would be nice too, but I never liked the tabbards over the armor.

Honestly, they all look the same to me. And please nobody post anything showing all of the incredibly subtle differences. Vader is Vader. His look is always basically the same. If I were to choose I would want a ROTJ Vader so that we could have a removable helmet (or at least a swappable head.) Although if they do a removable helmet, they would have to make sure that there is some kind of snap that is loose enough to allow it to come off with little force, but tight enough to keep it on when you want it there.

I've never understood this statement, especially in regards to SW/ANH Vader and all the others because the changes there are fairly noticable. I mean, I noticed when I was 9. :lol

I think Vader in ESB and ROTJ are nearly identical. The SW/ANH version on the other hand, is pretty unique.

Ok, let me put it this way:
The changes in his costume from film to film are nowhere near as drastic as the changes to the other characters. There is little to require that multiple versions be made. Whereas with other characters, they have a variety of costumes that are distinct looks for the characters. Vader would be Vader to me no matter what version they do. Han, or Luke, or Leia would be easily tied to a certain film or scene depending on the costume.

Sorry but still no. ESB/ROTJ is essentially the same costume but SW/ANH is in no way the same costume. Helmet has a widows peak, the lenses are red, the gloves are ringed, the inner robe is over his shoulder armor and the shoulder armor itself has a more worn look than the shiny armor of the last two flicks. Really, just look up the two costumes and you can tell the differences. I'll be fine with two Vaders (one ESB/ROTJ and one ANH/SW, never make a ROTS SS!) but I want at least two Vaders and will be quite pissed if we only get one.

I definitely want an ROTS Vader as well though. I think the make up job on Hayden was absolutely fantastic. Definitely want that in my collection! :rock

I definitely want an ROTS Vader as well though. I think the make up job on Hayden was absolutely fantastic. Definitely want that in my collection! :rock

That is exactly why I got a ROTS Hurricane Vader. While ROTJ would have been my preference... I had parts that lowered the cost and that Hayden sculpt was worth it. :rock

And still a great transitional Vader figure to have. I just want SSC to do ANH or Jedi. Or better yet, make one Vader that can be changed to reflect the OT films. :rock

Sorry but still no. ESB/ROTJ is essentially the same costume but SW/ANH is in no way the same costume. Helmet has a widows peak, the lenses are red, the gloves are ringed, the inner robe is over his shoulder armor and the shoulder armor itself has a more worn look than the shiny armor of the last two flicks. Really, just look up the two costumes and you can tell the differences. I'll be fine with two Vaders (one ESB/ROTJ and one ANH/SW, never make a ROTS SS!) but I want at least two Vaders and will be quite pissed if we only get one.

Ok, now you're coming off as elitist. And you just completely disregarded what I said. What I am trying to say is that Vader's basic look remains the same across all of the films. There are slight variations, but none of them, to me, are drastic enough that they would require me to buy multiple versions. None of the changes are anywhere near as drastic as say Han's vest in ANH to his jacket in ESB.

I don't care wich version they make.Just as long as they make him right.No half assing on this one Sideshow.

I don't see how he is coming off as an elitist. He is saying that he thinks the differences are too important to just toss off and he said it quite eloquently.

Ok, now you're coming off as elitist. And you just completely disregarded what I said. What I am trying to say is that Vader's basic look remains the same across all of the films. There are slight variations, but none of them, to me, are drastic enough that they would require me to buy multiple versions. None of the changes are anywhere near as drastic as say Han's vest in ANH to his jacket in ESB.

Sorry if you think it's elitist but that is how I feel. To me ANH/SW Vader to ESB/ROTJ Vader is as big a change as ANH Luke to Bespin Luke. What isn't drastic to you is HUGE to others. When you redesign a lot of little elements and get an overall different look I think it warrants two separate releases.

Hmm and as an addendum, I may be the wrong person to debate with over weather small differences matter as I went and bought a different belt for my ANH Han because the SS one was simply wrong, wrong, wrong. To me it's the small details that can completely destroy or make an iconic look. And thanks for the compliment Marc! :rock

Very well. We can agree to disagree here. I'll be happy with whatever Vader we get, and you are quite welcome to enjoy all the small details that will make him specific to whatever film he happens to be from. We can each still get enjoyment.

In other words you have an OCD when it comes to SW. :lol ;)

Star Wars, LOTR - basically anything I spend my money on I want the little intricacies to be there. Change in material color, cut, etc. doesn't really fuss me, I can look past most paint issues, but I want the unique character details to be there and be accurate. Frodo's Ring and Han's belt are great examples. That's what I want in ANH/SW Vader. I want the widows peak, I want the dull armor, I want the red lenses and ringed gloves. It was a look that was unique to the first time we ever met Darth Vader, before we knew anything about him and that's what I want on my shelf. I want the mysterious figure in helmet, who no one knows and every one fears.

Star Wars, LOTR - basically anything I spend my money on I want the little intricacies to be there. Change in material color, cut, etc. doesn't really fuss me, I can look past most paint issues, but I want the unique character details to be there and be accurate. Frodo's Ring and Han's belt are great examples. That's what I want in ANH/SW Vader. I want the widows peak, I want the dull armor, I want the red lenses and ringed gloves. It was a look that was unique to the first time we ever met Darth Vader, before we knew anything about him and that's what I want on my shelf. I want the mysterious figure in helmet, who no one knows and every one fears.

:lecture :lecture :lecture
Well said. Except the change in material and paint fusses me.

I don't care wich version they make.Just as long as they make him right.No half assing on this one Sideshow.

That is what I want. Since I'm poor and can't get one for each movie.:monkey2

Didn't Sideshow state that they were only going to make one, and he'd be bits of them all, and not one specific to any one movie?

Yes, they have set themselves up, but it's Vader, he will kick ass.

There are many reasons why I wouldn't want a 'universal' Vader, but the main one is the end result of a Sideshow product: the Vader PF.

20060518_DarthVader1_rev.jpg
111105vaderfigure2nx8.jpg

Where they got those proportions, I will never know.

I don't recall hearing SS say anything about a mixed Vader. I guess it's possible, but if they had stated such a thing I'd have guessed it would have been talked about in the forum more.

Back