Which Vader do you want from Sideshow?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which movie should Vader be made from?

• A New Hope

Votes: 54 47.4%
  • Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Return of the Jedi

Votes: 25 21.9%
  • Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Well, I want me a ROTS Vader...all shiny and new, but I'll take any one they make...

Well, not this one...he's a jedi again...

180px-WhiteVader.jpg

Not the first one. But I would be absolutely freakin cool with the white "light side" version of Vader. That would look freakin sweet next to the Shadow Stormtrooper for a "negative" effect display!

Not the first one. But I would be absolutely freakin cool with the white "light side" version of Vader. That would look freakin sweet next to the Shadow Stormtrooper for a "negative" effect display!

:pow :pow :pow

Please don't given them any ideas. Is all the "Shadow This and That" craziness not enough??? :banghead

Give me ANH first and foremost. Have no interest in the "Symmetrical Helmeted" ROTS version, who has a symmetrical head to put it in:lol

If anyone does know of a good site or way of comparing images of Vader in the different films, feel free to post it.

As a kid, I hardly noticed the changes and have never compared pictures. I did notice differences with his life support mechanics and the shininess of his armor, but thats about it.

ANH (or as I used to call it, "Star Wars") for me. We haven't had this version in 1/6 since Kenner made 'em in 1978(?). Oh, sure, there was the Vader vs. Kenobi 2-pack back in the '90s, but that Vader looked more ESB to me.

For me, the first Vader is still the best -- and scariest. His armor looked metal in the first movie; it looks too much like plastic in the sequels (and prequel). Also, the widow's peak and red lenses added to his badness. And from a purely aesthetic p.o.v., I much prefer his robes over the armor.

Anyway, here's an excellent site that compares the helmets in all of the films:

https://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/real_vader_props.htm

I think a lot has to do with the shape of the helmet, placement of the tabbards over the shoulder armor, etc. Not huge things, but once you are aware of them you tend to notice them easier. Someone wrote a lengthy post on it if you want to go digging for past Vader threads.

ANH (or as I used to call it, "Star Wars") for me. We haven't had this version in 1/6 since Kenner made 'em in 1978(?). Oh, sure, there was the Vader vs. Kenobi 2-pack back in the '90s, but that Vader looked more ESB to me.

For me, the first Vader is still the best -- and scariest. His armor looked metal in the first movie; it looks too much like plastic in the sequels (and prequel). Also, the widow's peak and red lenses added to his badness. And from a purely aesthetic p.o.v., I much prefer his robes over the armor.

Anyway, here's an excellent site that compares the helmets in all of the films:

https://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/real_vader_props.htm

Yup, those are many of the same reasons I went with the ANH version for the most part when I made my custom version. I love the robes over the armor especially.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Vaders?

oh god, this is gonna take some time are we sitting comfortably.....actually nope ,take too long, lets just say theres alot between the screen used versions

Hey, Hurricane, I've seen photos of your customs on various forums -- you do excellent work!!

Back