Which Spiderman version is the better one?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Red/blue SM3 figure today. Apologies (as will be usual) for my less than well prepared photos. All I have to work with is my bedroom floor and a lamp!

zDSC071891.jpg

zDSC0718915.jpg

zDSC071895.jpg

zDSC071898.jpg

zDSC071899.jpg

I like the scale of these Spiderman figures compared to Hot Toys Superheroes. It seems accurate to me. Also, with all due respect to the guys saying the Spiderman 2 figure is better, I disagree. I can only go on pictures but there appears to be too many things I just don't like about Medicom's first effort at the movie Spiderman - a rather round head, the shiny sculpted head contrasting with the unshiny fabric suit, the white webbing (is that accurate?), the absence of 3's honeycomb detailing....

Really glad I have these Spidey 3 figures. The shiny suit may not be accurate but I feel it was better in this case to match the reflectiveness of the sculpted head. And the look has really grown on me anyway. Oh and the colours on mine seem vibrant enough. The red of the hands is perhaps slightly duller but I can live with that.

Last edited:
Congrats on your medi SM3 red/blue Spidey a-dev. It really is a nice figure and the honeycomb pattern on the suit is great. I could be wrong but I think the metallic silver webbing on the medi SM2 figure is actually more accurate. I think medi was trying to do a metallic graphite webbing on the SM3 version, but IMO it usually just looks black. Also, its hard to describe it but the head on the SM2 version is rounder than the SM3 version, but in-hand it does not look bad at all and is still very proportional to the rest of the body. Plus, the spandex-like material used for the suit on the SM2 version IMO is actually quite shiny and reflective and gives off an almost 3-D effect at times and for this reason I've never really noticed any kind of color contrast between the head and the suit. I'm still happy that I have the SM3 version though because it is still definitely a sweet figure despite the fact that I prefer the SM2 version.

If you've got both you've got the best of both worlds and you're possibly in a better position to decide which is superior. We all try to justify our particular purchases and say 'this is better than that' but its not to slag other people off for liking the ones they like - you've got both so what would you care anyway? :D Having said that - I genuinely do like these SM3s. My only regret is not buying them back when everyone else did, I probably missed all the most interesting discussion. Oh well, I can enjoy them now. Cheers.

SM 2 spiderman arrived this morn he was Buy it now at $299 I offered less, seller accepted, but then I gets a £25 Vat charge coming through Parcelforce, god damn those Parcelforce guys are a pain in the arse with those Import and Vat charges gimme Royal Mail everytime

3632411829_c86fc1a897_b.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics. How is the scale between the SM2 figure and Venom? I have been curious about him but still haven't jumped on him.

Nice pics. How is the scale between the SM2 figure and Venom? I have been curious about him but still haven't jumped on him.

Scales the same as Medi's Black suited Spidey and SM 1, I think its just the picture were he looks a tad smaller cause he is bent over and crouching more

i'm not sure if this is the right thread or not, but what's the going price for the medicom comicbook spiderman? i found it for $134 and i thought that was pretty good. should i jump on that deal?

i'm not sure if this is the right thread or not, but what's the going price for the medicom comicbook spiderman? i found it for $134 and i thought that was pretty good. should i jump on that deal?

It's looks decent in my opinion

Good price for the comic version, particularly if that is
shipped.

Which brings up a question I've been thinking about -
would it be a mistake to buy the Medicom Marvel figures
(Spider-man, Wolverine) now because HT might be releasing
better figures in the next year?

I would get Spidey at that price. He's an awesome figure and yodasan is right, HT has the movie Marvel rights, but this is the comic version. Who knows, if and when HT will do that.

I would get Spidey at that price. He's an awesome figure and yodasan is right, HT has the movie Marvel rights, but this is the comic version. Who knows, if and when HT will do that.

i'm not getting the movie ones, for that very reason. if hot toys made them, they'd easily blow medicom's out of the water. but i highly doubt that hot toys will ever make a comic book spidey figure, so i'm definitely thinking about getting this one for sure.
(and hasn't the RAH spiderman become fairly rare over the years if i'm not mistaken?)

Back