Which Spiderman version is the better one?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amarcord

Honi soit qui mal y pense
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok , more a Medicom question.

I am doubting between buying the first released version wiht the silver webbing and the last blue and red one.

People say the first version has a big head, but can someone tell how it looks in hand?

Thank you already for the advices ;-)

Movie or comic? the comic is the best one.

If you want movie go with SM3 the latest.

Both have their flaws.

SM2 Spider-Man has an abnormally small head but his costuming turned out to be better looking removing the weird glare the pleather SM3 version obtained. Also the neck on the SM3 is awkwardly long but the headsculpt is better IMHO.

If you're just trying to have a Spider-Man in your collection nab an SM3, its good and much much cheaper. If you're looking for the best figure unfortunately you'd have to get them both and kitbash them a bit...

16_35256_4fef82101b9abc0.jpg

16_35256_596b4119a52c7c3.jpg

I had the SM3 Spidey and wasn't happy with the way they did it. The suit is very restrictive, plastic like material and overall just a poorly done figure.

I agree...the SM3 Spidey was a very lackluster figure and looked poorly done even in the package.

I had the SM3 Spidey and wasn't happy with the way they did it. The suit is very restrictive, plastic like material and overall just a poorly done figure.

Gonna disagree there.It's only restrictive if you let it.(you gotta work it a certain way to move it yes.It's not a easy to pose as the comic i'll tell ya that)And i don't feel plastic like at all.

Very underrated figs IMO

IMG_7331.jpg

IMG_7329.jpg

IMG_7324.jpg

IMG_7264.jpg

IMG_7219.jpg

SpidermanBLKs.jpg

I kinda regret selling the black version now. I think the movie kinda killed that figure for me though. I didn't find the suits too restrictive, but I didn't really do all that with them anyway. I've seen some great poses though, and Kryat's are really good!

The red costume is made of some type of pleather, and can be restircting. I'm gonna guess that the black costume is made of the same material as medi-parker's spidey shirt, swhich was a latex material. It allows for a much greater range of movement. If you MUST get a Movie spider-man, get the black costume version.
But as far as spiderman figures go, The Comic book Spider-man OWNS All.
But when you get him, take sewing lessons, AND get an extra medocom kai, as his Legs, or shoulder WILL eventualy break unless you're super lucky like Nash and Edwint.

Stupid japanese cheap red plastic....
anywho, here are some pics before i re-sewed his costume after fixing his two broken legs and broken arm.
broken legs
DSC00429.jpg

Broken Arm
DSC00428.jpg

The Box of shattered dreams
DSC00427.jpg

Reassembleled, new hips, new shoulders, awaiting stiching
DSC00449.jpg

Standing there looking cool
DSC00451.jpg

DSC00446.jpg

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00444.jpg

DSC00443.jpg

I'd get the Spider-man 3...I prefer it much more in terms of look to the Spidey 2. I don't mind the pleather and actually I prefer the black/dark gray webbing to the silver. The actual webbing on the movie costume is painted with GRAPHITE PAINT (yes...like your pencil tip) and the true color is a dark grayish tone. However because it's so highly reflective, that is why you get that shiny, silver look sometimes.

The Spidey 2 is also pretty rare and expensive...I'd be afraid of breaking it if I got it.

I'd get the Spider-man 3...I prefer it much more in terms of look to the Spidey 2. I don't mind the pleather and actually I prefer the black/dark gray webbing to the silver. The actual webbing on the movie costume is painted with GRAPHITE PAINT (yes...like your pencil tip) and the true color is a dark grayish tone. However because it's so highly reflective, that is why you get that shiny, silver look sometimes.

Truth!!!!!

I had Spidey II MIB and still have the black costume version. I'd have to go with the SM 3 Red and Blue since I'd prefer the right colors over poseability and plastic shine. Though between all the movie figures, the black costume Spidey is the best.

Comic Spidey, then Spidey 2, then Spidey 3.

I like Spidey 2 over Spidey 3 because it is the same size as the comic spidey, and I prefer the cloth costume.

Comic Spidey, then Spidey 2, then Spidey 3.

I like Spidey 2 over Spidey 3 because it is the same size as the comic spidey, and I prefer the cloth costume.

So SM2 is taller than SM3?
Just that I once saw a photo of SM2 an comic S together and SM2 looked a lot smaller.

Can you please post some phots mister Creecher?

Back