Which Sideshow Star Wars figures have you skipped?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Padme. I will still pick her hed/body up from toywnxiety or somesuch for a custom idea I have.

Ahhhh, Illum Padme, the truly great debate in the "Do I get it or not?" debate. So strange an overall figure and not the most successful transition of cartoon to realism, and yet, who can resist such a wonderfully done sculpt by master Trev. Decisions. The only hope is, both Leia's were Andy B sculpts, so with a little luck, the next Padme will use Trev's touch, it's perfectly Portman, it's not broke, don't fix it, always use it. I still have her on order, I'm not like super psyched about the figure, but the portrait is so nicely done I can't resist it, unless the production paint apps bomb, then I'll cancel her cuz that'll kill my main interest in the figure.

Ahhhh, Illum Padme, the truly great debate in the "Do I get it or not?" debate. So strange an overall figure and not the most successful transition of cartoon to realism, and yet, who can resist such a wonderfully done sculpt by master Trev. Decisions. The only hope is, both Leia's were Andy B sculpts, so with a little luck, the next Padme will use Trev's touch, it's perfectly Portman, it's not broke, don't fix it, always use it. I still have her on order, I'm not like super psyched about the figure, but the portrait is so nicely done I can't resist it, unless the production paint apps bomb, then I'll cancel her cuz that'll kill my main interest in the figure.

I'm right there with you.

I exaggerate a bit, but if the production apps were as nice as Old Ben, I'd pay $50 just for the portrait.

IP.jpg

Part of me fears some other Padme sculpt used on later figures and it not being THIS good. I mean Trev nailed it (I'd like to nail Natalie too :naughty) and I just don't see room for improvement, yet the collecting gods may see fit to throw us a curve and make some LFL prick give reuse of Trev's sculpt a big no and screw us over again.

Part of me fears some other Padme sculpt used on later figures and it not being THIS good. I mean Trev nailed it (I'd like to nail Natalie too :naughty) and I just don't see room for improvement, yet the collecting gods may see fit to throw us a curve and make some LFL prick give reuse of Trev's sculpt a big no and screw us over again.

Well, worst case scenerio, you keep her and use the head for a nice V for Vendetta custom.. :D

hmm... just saw this thread. seems lately i've been skipping all of them. the last one i bought was asajj. other than that it seems i've lost interest in collecting. money is tighter than before and i would just rather spend it on something else right now.

I exaggerate a bit, but if the production apps were as nice as Old Ben, I'd pay $50 just for the portrait.

IP.jpg

I feel SSC should re-use this sculpt for a AOTC Padme. I skipped Illum Padme simply due to no interest in EU characters.

Skipped:
Ilum Pame
ANH Leia
Dejarik table
Bubo set
ANH Han (until I find him for less than retail)

Sold/Traded:
cubicle trooper
probe droids
Yavin Luke
and will be getting rid of holo Sidious shortly

IP.jpg

How come this picture looks good but the figure looks like Angelina Jolie?
I had to pass due to that fact, and the costume was bad. I hope they make a better Pame figure down the line.

:chew

It turns out mine haven't shipped because when we set up my wife's account with Sideshow we entered MY credit card. Oops. Dawn is working with us though and we should be able to get it settled before my orders get canceled.

DAWN @ Sideshow = :rock

How come this picture looks good but the figure looks like Angelina Jolie?
I had to pass due to that fact, and the costume was bad. I hope they make a better Pame figure down the line.

Lighting and context I would say. The costume feels more Tomb Raider than Star Wars so that'll make the mind project a little, and lighting conditions can also alter perception. I've never really seen anyone but Portman in it, but everyone sees things differently.

Like I said in my list of items I had passed on if I could find them cheaper, I would buy them or like them as a gift. I found the Dejarik HolloChess set on eBay for only $29(free shipping) so I bought it. It should be here in about 5 days!

The only thing wrong with the Padme' sculpt is the lips are too big. That's all I could see when put up against the real thing.

I was skipping nearly everything in the early part of the line, but with all the ANH stuff coming out that's becoming way hard. I've got Obi-Wan, Kit and Plo from the PT, and Jedi & Bespin Lukes, ANH Leia, and Old Ben. But now I've also got ANH Luke and Han plus Praji, and Palpatine. They've got to stop with the amazing new figures or I'm gonna be in trouble! Plus I've got Hobbitses to think about too!

I picked up then sold both Kit and Plo.

I'm waitlisted for Bespin Luke and Commander Praji.

I skipped the Rebels, Padme, Yavin Luke, the 2nd Jabba Creatures pack, the Dejarik set, Asajj, and Holo Sidious.

I was never going to be a completist on this line, but I'm going to be very selective as far as PT figures go. OT is a lot harder to resist. EU just isn't going to happen. The only EU character I'm really fond of is Thrawn, and I don't need a figure of him or Mara Jade.

Of course, I remember when this line was innitially announced, I swore up and down I would only get ten figures tops. I failed that little delusion eight figures ago (including pre-orders)...

Back