Which Sideshow Star Wars figures have you skipped?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only skipped the Holo Chess table and Bubo. Although I will admit that if I find them really, really cheap I'd pick them up.

I skipped all of Jabba and Co., the Endor Troops, and the past few figures (Asajj, Holo-walker, Leia Boushh, etc.). I will definitely be getting ANH Leia, Old Ben, Palpatine, and Praji. I really don't care for a lot of the ones so far. I'm more into Jedi, Rebels, and main characters.

Ya know the guy that was sculpted after works for SS and posts here. The Cubicle references could probably be left in when describing the figure. He doesn't look like he looks in SW? :lol

I think it's the goatee. He looks too "modern day America" to me somehow. And yes, I know he works for SS. If I had the chance to get a figure sculpted in my image, I would jump at it, but I'm not sure that I would fit in with SW any more than he did. Just my opinion.

I skipped the whole Jabba set up (Leia incl.), Endor Troops, and Praji.

I am still not quite sure why I sold him... I was feeling pressure to get money for my new house, but in retrospect the $$$ didn't really effect that one way or the other... I guess deep down, I would rather have zombies... :monkey3

I would pass on them all for more Zombies!!!!
:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

I think it's the goatee. He looks too "modern day America" to me somehow. And yes, I know he works for SS. If I had the chance to get a figure sculpted in my image, I would jump at it, but I'm not sure that I would fit in with SW any more than he did. Just my opinion.

If Porkins can then anyones game IMO.

Skipped everything but Jedi Luke and Bespin Han. Han was a mistake. And I don't have the least bit favorable opinion of the prequels so nothing there for me, ever.

This could be a long list. I'll try to start from the beginning.

Kit Fisto
Bespin Han
Mace
Sith Anakin
Endor Troopers
Ventress (although I think she is one of the better ones)
Darth Maul
Qui Gon
Yavin Luke
Leia ANH
Palpating 2-pack
Praji
Bubo
Chess table
Sidious holo chair
Snowbunny Padme

I didn't skip these for any specific reason other than cost and I like to group my display pieces. I have gotten and will get Jedi that I have lightsabers to display with them. I am a huge Jabba fan so he, Bib and Boussh were no-brainers. I lack $$$$ and display space so I have choose wisely which figures get my collecting dollars. Really looking forward to Bespin Luke and Old Ben then I will have 1/6 figures for all my 1:1 lightsabers.

I guess what it boils down to is if it is a must have, can I afford it and do I have space to display it.

-Endor Troopers: Just not interesting
-Mace: Not a fan of the character or the headsculpt
-Qui-Gon: Loathe the headsculpt and the way the hair was done
-Yavin Luke: Too scene specific
-Holo Sidious: Too statue-ish
-Illum Padme: Don't really care to own any Padme figures

I'm on the fence with Bespin Luke and the Palpatine set. I might still try to pick them up later on, funds permitting.

It's probably easier for me to list what I've purchased rather than what I've skipped. So I have:

Jedi Luke Exc
Bespin Han Exc
Darth Maul Exc
Obi-Wan Kenobi - ROTS Exc
Anakin Skywalker Exc

I have on order:

Ben Kenobi Exc
Princess Leia (1977 Edition)
Commander Praji
Bespin Luke Exc

My skips are due to funds, space and the movie they're from. I prefer the OT to the Prequels, so that excludes most of the Jedi figure offerings for me.

Jabba & Co. are just too pricey and large for me right now and I don't really need additional accessories (probe droids, tables, etc.)

I also prefer main characters (Han, Luke Leia, etc.) so that also makes me think twice about a lot of offerings. Yeah, Praji did make it through after some deliberation. He just seemed too 'ANH' to pass up.

And yeah as previously posted, we do need a Han re-do - ANH style.

I basically want to try and have a well grouped collection of the major characters ANH style, with a few other must haves (like Boba Fett or Bespin Luke) without a lot of extra random bits and pieces.

Besides, Star Wars 1:6 has to share my collecting money with Lord of the Rings 1:6

Last edited:
Had to skip a few new ones but lets see...

Jedi Luke (didn't collect at that time)
Jedi Anakin
Bespin Han Solo
Jabba
Creature Pack 1
Creature Pack 2
All Rebel Troopers
Plo Koon (ordered but canceled)
Yavin Luke
Just canceled Bespin Luke, but I plan to get him later since he's still in stock and will be available in other places (the exclusive isn't important) But I have to have a Luke.
Going to cancel ANH Leia, it's an OK figure but I don't have the money
Going to cancel Ilum Padme--probably won't be able to afford that one with both Frodo and Sam plus Sidious around that time, plus it's ugly. (or Fugly)

Still have on order:
Ben Kenobi Exclusive (there's no way I'm giving that up)
Palpatine two-pack.

I've skipped two of the Endor troopers and Ilum Padme. I've skipped others but got them cheap or free later.

Free ones.
Plo Koon
Asajj Ventress
Endor Trooper Brant
Leia Boushh (already had one)
Sith Droids

I love that Sideshow has a vast selection of figures and we collectors have really benefited from it, but I couldn't get them all.

Jabba the Hutt - Looks great but I don't have the space or the cash

Salacious Crumb - Should only go with Jabba, and since I'm not getting him unless something changes, well, you know

Endor Troopers - Had them on pre-order but cancelled because they didn't interest me and I thought they were too expensive

Bubo set - No interest, saved money for other figures

Holographic Darth Sidious - Didn't even pay attention for when preorder went up, out of sight, out of mind

Dajarik Chess Set - No real interest because I have no R2 and Chewie to play chess, the set looks nice either way

Darth Maul Droids - Not a money issue, just no interest

Commander Praji - Sold out before I found out it was on pre-order, probably shouldn't get it because all I would do is use it for kit-bashing, need to save money somewhere

Last edited:
I've also skipped so many it would be easier to list the ones I did snag/or have on preorder:

Jedi Luke
EP3 Anakin
Bespin Han Solo
Darth Maul
EP3 Obi-Wan Kenobi
Leia/Boushh

On Preorder:

Bespin Luke
ANH Obi-Wan
Commander Praji

I have skipped:

Endor Rebels :sleep

Yavin Luke (well, I actually got one at CIV, but I sold it shortly afterwards) :monkey4

Commander Praji :blah

I do not regret any of those decisions. And if they announce another Luke any time soon I'll be passing on that, too (unless it's ANH Farmboy Luke, which is a must).

But I have or have orderfed everything else from the 1:6 SW line. :rock

I've passed on:
Jabba -Way to expensive and never liked the character
Probe Droids -Pointless
Plo-Koon -Passed at first but if I can get him cheap I'll pick it up
Padme - One word...Ugly!
Holo Sidious- Pointless
Bubo -Pointless
Holo Chess- Might grab if I can get it cheap
Kit Fisto- Passed at first but if I can get him cheap I'll pick it up
Salacious Crumb- Whats the point unless you have Jabba
Bib Fortuna- Never planned on getting him, but just picked him up dirt cheap on Ebay so figured what the heck might as well get it

For me the ones I missed are just very minor (except Jabba) or totally pointless figures that aren't even worth the price.

Back