Which Sideshow Star Wars figures have you skipped?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhhh, Illum Padme, the truly great debate in the "Do I get it or not?" debate. So strange an overall figure and not the most successful transition of cartoon to realism, and yet, who can resist such a wonderfully done sculpt by master Trev. Decisions. The only hope is, both Leia's were Andy B sculpts, so with a little luck, the next Padme will use Trev's touch, it's perfectly Portman, it's not broke, don't fix it, always use it. I still have her on order, I'm not like super psyched about the figure, but the portrait is so nicely done I can't resist it, unless the production paint apps bomb, then I'll cancel her cuz that'll kill my main interest in the figure.

I do hope Trev will even sculpt the face of Padmé Premium Format figure If Sideshow will produce the character in PF.

I have a question about the Padmé PF for you guys but I'll start a new thread as It is off topic.

Bespin Han Solo
Bespin Luke
Boushh Leia
Buboicullaar Creature Pack
Commander Praji
Dejarik Holochess Set
Endor Rebel Commandos
Holo Darth Sidious
Ilum Padme
Plo Koon
Yabin Luke

Well I was a completist right up until about October last year... then I sold all my SS SW 12" figs in a fit of stupidness. I realised what i should've done is just buy the ones i really like... i dont really have the space and as for money... well...

Since then, I have re-bought all the ones I liked (most for cheaper than i originally bought them!)and left out:

Jabba + throne + Bib + creatures + Leia/Boussh - great set up and waaay to much space taken up for 1 character / scene / set up / whatever SS was going for

Endor Soldiers - i actually had the Strike Force bundle but never opened it, again space issues and not really essential imo

Plo, Assajj, Cmdr Prajj, Ilum Padme and Yavin Luke (although I may get one cheap and head swap with ANH Luke when he gets released) have all not made it onto the list... of course if i see anyone of these cheap i will get it.

My current choice criteria is 1.) Do i like it? 2.) Can I afford it? 3.) Do i really need the exclusive versions and can i wait for a much cheaper one from a local retailer or eBay 4.) Do i have the space? <--- this one is usually the decider, there's now way i could own the Jabba set even if i could afford it...

I need my own hobby room!

I haven't skipped any, so far. I've got them all, exclusive edition, although I do belive, that some of them where unnecessary releases. I'll never display 4 Lukes for instance, and certainly not if one version proves to be better than the other(s). I guess, the ugly dolls stay in the box, the others will get their well deserved place on the shelves!

I'm thinking of getting rid of the Chess set... I just don't know what I'll ever do with it. Right now its sitting in its box in the garage :monkey2

I'm thinking of getting rid of the Chess set... I just don't know what I'll ever do with it. Right now its sitting in its box in the garage :monkey2

Same here. And i got an extra one because I had a $50 gift card with NOTHING TO BUY! (assaj was sold out)

So here are the ones I skiipped:
-Sith Probe Droids
-Assaj Ventress
-Ilum Padme

The ones I WISH I skipped as well:
-Yavin Luke
-Bespin Han
-Dejarik Chess
-Chubby Endor Trooper

Back