Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: What Maquettes should be made next?

A lot of people are going to be very relieved and excited if the next maquette announcement is a hobbit release.

I like the idea of starting the line with the Fellowship and expanding from there, introducing new characters to the line roughly in the order we met them as the story progressed. Take a film to film approach, getting the bases covered before moving on. Bring a sense of narrative to the release schedule and use the line to tell the story of LOTR.

Tom concerning your idea, the appearance of the characters in the order we met them as the story progress, they should have done the Hobbits first...

In my opinion, we should see a pair of hobbits soon. If the pre-order opens on February or March, they will be coming out by the release of the movie.

Yesterday I was looking to the first page of Gimli's maquette and I found an old image from Sideshow. There, we can see the sketches of Aragorn, Boromir and Arwen, the prototype of Gimli and the Gollum PF.
But what about the image on the left side? He's Sam, isn't he?
That is from the 12" license? or maybe from another line...?

23-07-20108-03-18PM.png

I think that's the Sam 1:6th figure Tim Miller sculpted.

Let's hope so too, FE. That would be a wise move by SS. Not sure if they keep news like this mum when the upside is so huge. Let's see what Toyfair reveals.

Geek :lol

I'll bet we'll see the hobbits this year, when 'The Hobbit' fever reaches fever pitch.

but the hobbit in The Hobbit is not the same hobbits in the fellowship.

i hope you are right though.

Another week without seeing anything in your blog LOTR Sideshow production, not to teach us are waiting for new sketches or some new Preorder.

And the Premium Format line stop no release in sight.

In my opinion, I think that the next Maquettes should be the hobbits. I need complete the fellowship of the ring!!

And following the hobbits, I would like the Elfen warriors that appear in the prologue sequence

In my opinion, I think that the next Maquettes should be the hobbits. I need complete the fellowship of the ring!!

And following the hobbits, I would like the Elfen warriors that appear in the prologue sequence

They know we want the hobbits, and they also know we want characters that never received statues in the SSW line. So I'd say that hobbits, Faramir, Eomer, and Prologue Elven Warrior are going to come sooner rather than later in the maquette line.

I can't wait to have all of those. I've got so many ideas I want to see from certain characters it's crazy.

After the 2 sets of hobbits, i really wish they do eowyn, she's one of my favorite characters next to smeagol. It could be 1) standard statue dressed as a warrior 2) driving the sword through the witch king action dio 3) eowyen & merry on horse charging forward.

eowyn_warrior-1.jpg

Eowyn-wiki.jpg

640x782_5585_Dernhelm_2d_fantasy_horse_tolkien_hobbit_eowyn_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

If they re-release another Eowyn, it may wel suit them to show her in another attire.

@Tom, I like your suggested list and hope that they think like we do. I wholeheartedly agree that the ones not represented in the previous SS/W collaboration line would be the key to this maquette's line's longevity.

what do you mean if they re-release eoywn? did sideshow already done an eoywn i am not aware of? the only i know is the cheap weta version which leaves much to be desired frankly..

What he's saying is not do one in the outfit fighting the Witch King. Let's see her in one of te other outfits she wore.

I agree with you, I'd just think that people throw line or dare with her when they see who can complete the Community.
I also think it would be a success throwing its sale figures have not yet seen the light unfortunately, as it could be a Eomer, Faramir, Denethor etc ...

I also think that both Gimli EX and Boromir EX will sell quite well, as was the case of Aragorn EX.

Eowyn infront of Edoras is my favorite scene with her.
Standing in front of the hall with her dress waving in the wind would fit well into the dynamic of the maquette line.

Eowyn infront of Edoras is my favorite scene with her.
Standing in front of the hall with her dress waving in the wind would fit well into the dynamic of the maquette line.

That's what I want to see as well.

Back