Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: What Maquettes should be made next?

Summarizing the answers from the Sideshow LotR Q&A:

- small chance of getting a Rohan Royal Guard, depending on how deep fans want to go with the line
- they are considering many characters for the line, especially Rohirrims
- they are working on designs for both regular Uruk-Hais and Orcs
- Eomer will be designed WITHOUT a horse, Mouth of Sauron is not stated yet, Faramir is in design too
- current plan is to pair Frodo with Sam and Merry with Pippin
- it is possible that they will make a hatless Gandalf in the future (probably Gandalf the White I guess)
- it is possible that they will make Aragorn in another appearance
- Haldir is not on top of their list, not even of the Elves
- they have greater interest in doing the High Elven and Elrond from the prologue scene
- the Morgul Lord is a viable candidate for the line
- the intention is to hold to 1:6 scale for all characters
- they want to focus on heroes and villians in more or less human size (so probably no Balrog, Cave Troll etc.)

i thought this line is 1/5 scale? is 1/6

Yes, I do recall reading that the hobbits would likely be paired into 2 pieces. I'm hoping for things that were omitted during the SSW days - Faramir, Eomer, etc. Will be great to finally get a set of the hobbits that can be displayed well together, as Merry w/ vegetables never made sense next to Pippin in Gondorian armor

Yes, I do recall reading that the hobbits would likely be paired into 2 pieces. I'm hoping for things that were omitted during the SSW days - Faramir, Eomer, etc. Will be great to finally get a set of the hobbits that can be displayed well together, as Merry w/ vegetables never made sense next to Pippin in Gondorian armor

I agree. If I had my way, the list of 2012 maquette announcements would include Frodo/Sam, Merry/Pippin, Faramir and Eomer. Toss in Saruman around Spooktacular and this could be a great year for maquette fans.

Make it so!

As long as I can get both Faramir and Boromir I will be happy. Eomer would be awesome as well, and I would love for Eowyn and Theoden as well. And the complete fellowship, of course.

Where to begin

Watcher in Water
Balrog
Cave Troll
Moria Orcs
WitchKing In True Form
Mouth Of Sauron
Sauron
Lurtz
Saruman

So much i want :yess:

It seems like the hobbits are at the top of most people lists. I'm not sure if this is because people fear that if we don't get those quick they may end the line and we never get them.

I personally would rather have some baddies to mix in with the fellowship. Of course that is with the assumption we see the hobbits at some point.

It seems like the hobbits are at the top of most people lists. I'm not sure if this is because people fear that if we don't get those quick they may end the line and we never get them.

I personally would rather have some baddies to mix in with the fellowship. Of course that is with the assumption we see the hobbits at some point.

I think that "maquette" is the most promising line of LOTR, but as you say I am afraid - I want the hobbits quickly. I got this line because I wanted the whole Fellowship of the ring (though I have pre-ordered the ringwraith :thud: :thud:)

Sam carrying Frodo up the mountain.

The base could be volcanic, sloped. Sams eyes filled with tears but a determined look on his face. Torn and battered but not defeated.

There isn't a moment between those two that has a greater impact.

I suppose that they are doing hobbits in a vertical display. I mean, as dragon_around says Sam carrying Frodo or Pippin in a top and Merry below. Do u understand what I mean? Not in a horizontal display as they were in the Weathertop.
Maybe Im wrong, thats only an hypothesis...

Sam carrying Frodo up the mountain.

The base could be volcanic, sloped. Sams eyes filled with tears but a determined look on his face. Torn and battered but not defeated.

There isn't a moment between those two that has a greater impact.

That won't happen since they just did it as a SDCC exclusive diorama a very short time ago...

Diorama%20Sideshow%20ROTK%20Mount%20Doom%20Frodo%20Sam%20B.jpg

When do you think we will see some of the hobbits? and when the next Preorder maquette of the line?.

Do you know something Dino or is that just a wild guess?

Sorry, just giving him a hard time. :wave

Low post count, etc.

Didn't mean to stir up the pot for the veteran LOTR posters. :nono

EDIT: Wow, I pulled that imaginery date out of thin air, but it actually falls on a Newsletter day!

Recall that they would get more bang for the buck if they start releasing more armored maquettes. Gimli's a good start. Boromir is more like it. Now we just need to see ones not seen in the SS/W lineup, which would mean the PEW, or Gondorian . . .

And I do agree they need to just make one with the 4 Hobbits, because then the maquette line would be considered solid. People aren't as committal if they see that they can't get the Fellowship.

Back