Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not worry about what is going to happen this summer...I know that we are going to see a lot of items this year and the next year...I'm really really worried about what's going to happen after the Hobbit films...

as long as they finish the 2 hobbit duo to complete the fellowship, i honestly could care less what happens afterwards - if they dont make a single lotr statue after that, it's fine with me!

Will still buy whatever lotr statue that looks good, but it won't matter because i would have the complete fellowship!!

as long as they finish the 2 hobbit duo to complete the fellowship, i honestly could care less what happens afterwards - if they dont make a single lotr statue after that, it's fine with me!

Will still buy whatever lotr statue that looks good, but it won't matter because i would have the complete fellowship!!

We need the hobbits and a lot more. I think anyone is a hardcore fan can agree with it not being ok to just stop after the fellowship is complete.

I would like a lot of more statues: full fellowship, Eomer, Faramir, Mouth of Sauron, Denethor, Haldir, Dark Galadriel, Boromir with Fellowship costume, warriors of Rohan and Gondor, members of the Last Alliance (and the warriors of both armys),...and the Hobbit statues.

I aggre with The Josh: some news will be sweet.

I am thinking to axe out of this maquette line. Man this sucks I like this line but the size of these statues are too small for me. Maybe I'll try PF line.

I am thinking to axe out of this maquette line. Man this sucks I like this line but the size of these statues are too small for me. Maybe I'll try PF line.

size is not everything :slap there is no comparison between the 1:5 vs pf, the details, paint & sculpt on 1:5 is some of sideshow's best work. You better off "axe" out of the pf line as it's all but dead anyway (for the good guys). 1:5 there is a very good chance the fellowship can be completed.

anyway just my opinion, but i think you are crazy to abandon the 1:5 line especially if you have the full set already thus far.

size is not everything :slap there is no comparison between the 1:5 vs pf, the details, paint & sculpt on 1:5 is some of sideshow's best work. You better off "axe" out of the pf line as it's all but dead anyway (for the good guys). 1:5 there is a very good chance the fellowship can be completed.

anyway just my opinion, but i think you are crazy to abandon the 1:5 line especially if you have the full set already thus far.

But this is not 1/5, it's a 1/6 scale. They are just too small compare to my other collections. I know it's a hard decision because the sculpt are excellent (for good guys I like them more than the PF) but I love 1/4 scale so much and don't mind a few 1/5 scale, but 1/6 is just too small for my liking. That's the reason I got rid all my bowen and HT as well.

But this is not 1/5, it's a 1/6 scale. They are just too small compare to my other collections. I know it's a hard decision because the sculpt are excellent (for good guys I like them more than the PF) but I love 1/4 scale so much and don't mind a few 1/5 scale, but 1/6 is just too small for my liking. That's the reason I got rid all my bowen and HT as well.

i agree it looks odd if you have one or two next to PF statues due to the size. but with the full fellowship (7 statues ) it will have its own shelf (assuming), with them all next to each other it will look very awesome and i guarantee a centerpiece of the collection.

Also the gollum pf will fit nicely with this as a focal point because of the tall base, you can have all the maquette surrounding the smeagol holding up the ring, the larger size doesnt look out of place at all, actually looks better as it emphasis smeagol. Anyway hard to explain, i will post some photos once i have the whole thing setup, still building new cabinets. Have dedicated a whole curio to those lotro pieces only :)

i agree it looks odd if you have one or two next to PF statues due to the size. but with the full fellowship (7 statues ) it will have its own shelf (assuming), with them all next to each other it will look very awesome and i guarantee a centerpiece of the collection.

Also the gollum pf will fit nicely with this as a focal point because of the tall base, you can have all the maquette surrounding the smeagol holding up the ring, the larger size doesnt look out of place at all, actually looks better as it emphasis smeagol. Anyway hard to explain, i will post some photos once i have the whole thing setup, still building new cabinets. Have dedicated a whole curio to those lotro pieces only :)

You are right, when they all together they look really nice, I don't think I can let them go especially I have Boromir and ringwraith maquette on order and they look fantastic. Ok I think I will keep them, hopefully we'll get the hobbits soon. I want BIG and TALL base for the hobbits I don't care if they are expensive, I just want something BIG from this line. Too bad the snow troll is not in the movie, I need something that tower everybody maybe Sauron maquette. Mary and Pippin on the treebeard would be awesome, but I doubt sideshow will make it.

the riders are decent sized, especially gandalf on shadowfax.

the gollum pf (with the smeagol body) is a good piece to go with this as well

Haven't seen many pics of the maquettes next to the riders like rwos. Will post some when Boromir arrives, think he'll look good next to ring wraith.

After reading from Sideshow in this forum that the Nazgul PF approaches in the near future, this gives me peace of mind you're reading what they are demanding collectors of this forum, so as normal as the next maquettes that see the light be the hobbits.

I would love a Treebeard, but if he is around 14 ft in the movies, a Maquette would be 28 In. Very big guy!

it would just be on the same scale as snow troll...be a nice piece.

but that's like pie in the sky right now....

Back