Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To quote gagaliya,
"huh":dunno

Where is this posted? Great news as I think the maquette line is perfect for the elven armor, but I would love to see the link on the sideshow site.

I didn't see any news in the Sideshow experience??

Wishful thinking by Boromir I think Chris. :slap

But a nice idea non-the-less. :yess:

The lack of LOTR news is really getting me down. :impatient:

It's a good job SDCC isn't too far off now. :yess:

:duff
Bill

The big news will come during SDCC that's for sure.
I don't expect a new statue till than.
We have Boromir in May and Ringwraith in July.
Seeing a new statue after or while the RW is shipping sounds logic.

LOTR news was pretty scant last year, maybe there will be a big push with the Hobbit on the way!

We got 3 statue announcements and a glimpse of the Ringwraith statue. So I don't know if I'd call that scant or not.

:lol:lol:lol

Sorry guys, I'm all for the baddies and monsters, there aren't many of the good fellas in my collection from any license. You guys want the Hobbits, I hope you get them, but they aint for me. The only human statue from LOTR I have been really tempted to get is the GTG pf.

:lol:lol:lol

Sorry guys, I'm all for the baddies and monsters, there aren't many of the good fellas in my collection from any license. You guys want the Hobbits, I hope you get them, but they aint for me. The only human statue from LOTR I have been really tempted to get is the GTG pf.

it's not just about the hobbits, the hobbit statues are the last remaining 2 in this series to finally complete the fellowship after many years. And this maquette series produced some of sideshow's best work in term of paint & sculpt.

That's why it's very significant sideshow finishes the remaining 2x hobbit duos and complete the fellowship. After that i could care less what they make for lotr.

well.........I gurantee you SS isn't going to rush through them, cause then what else will they have for ppl to look forward to in the line?

The lack of news regarding the maquette line is worrisome. Out of 46 QA's posted thus far since they started up again on March 22nd, ZERO have mentioned the LOTR maquette line. And I know from reading these forums that a lot of people have been sending in questions about the line.

It was great to hear the news about the PF's (although a sneak peak or production blog would have been nice after more than a year of waiting), but the silence on the maquettes has me wondering...:dunno

So if anyone from SS is reading this, feel free to chime in!

dont give up, keep trying! submit your questions once a week. Keep it simple & short something like below, dont write a novel.

submit here: https://form.jotform.com/form/20113745346?iframe=true&width=700&height=550

copy paste this:
Hello sideshow, in the SDCC July 2011 video Mr Tom Gilliland specifically promised to complete the fellowship for the 1/5 maquette series. It's been more than 6 months without any news. Can you please give us a status update regarding the remaining 2x hobbit duos for this series and when they will be released. Many fans including myself are eagerly waiting.

Thank you
[insert your name]

With all due respect but seeing Preorders like this

axlb2g.jpg

My anger grows more with Sideshow, are abusing the patience of the collectors of the Lord of the Rings.

No news from them is simply unfortunate, so far only answering are things we all know, do not forget the video of the Premium Format Production of the Nazgul was taught in October last year

We've been 6 months without any news on the maquette line. I just hope that after so much waiting and patience with them, the upcoming maquettes are the Hobbits, because otherwise we would return to lie that his priority was to end the Community as soon as possible.

I can see SS wanting to hold off on completing the fellowship; it does make sense from a business perspective. They do need to release at least one of the duos to show the fans they are committed to completing it. After that it would be okay to throw in some other characters like Saruman, Theoden, Mouth of Sauron (I'm really wanting this one) and then top it off with Frodo & Sam.

Edit: And I'm sorry, not trying to offend anyone, but who the hell would buy that splice statue?!

I can see SS wanting to hold off on completing the fellowship; it does make sense from a business perspective. They do need to release at least one of the duos to show the fans they are committed to completing it. After that it would be okay to throw in some other characters like Saruman, Theoden, Mouth of Sauron (I'm really wanting this one) and then top it off with Frodo & Sam.
I don't see why the Rohirrim and other beloved characters can't simply follow the hobbits. Sideshow must be afraid of the hobbits killing this line but I can't see that happening.

Edit: And I'm sorry, not trying to offend anyone, but who the hell would buy that splice statue?!
Fans of the movie I'm guessing. It wasn't a bad movie and better than other Sci-Fi flicks that have spawned Sideshow collectibles.

Comic-Con isn't too far away right?

Maybe Sideshow are just waiting until just before it starts to announce a couple of statues, then have them to show off at the show.

Plus with The Hobbit coming out this year, i can understand why they might want to hold off releasing any hobbits until the madness begins and everyone wants a slice of all things Hobbit-y.

Comic-Con isn't too far away right?

Maybe Sideshow are just waiting until just before it starts to announce a couple of statues, then have them to show off at the show.

Plus with The Hobbit coming out this year, i can understand why they might want to hold off releasing any hobbits until the madness begins and everyone wants a slice of all things Hobbit-y.

Comicon isn't for another 3 months+, that's quite awhile to continue waiting considering how long it has already been since any LOTR announcements or pre-orders. Just sayin'.

Back