Which is the best Luke 1/6 to date?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd definitely give the nod to the Hot Toys ANH Luke, but if you're unsure you might at least wait until SDCC to see if we get a full reveal of the ROTJ Luke.

But if you like the classic farmboy look, than I don't think you can get a better version than the HT one. And you can find it pretty easily for under $200 which is a steal IMO.

For me the Luke farmboy look is my favorite, I've pretty much decided for that one. Do you have any recommendations as to where I should buy it? I live in Sweden.

My personal favorite is the DX Luke as well. Although the scalper prices are crazy compared to what they original price was. If I had to recommend one, the ANH version by Hot Toys comes stacked with accessories. It may be worth holding off to see the ROTJ version first though.

yeah but sideshow did not hint at any rotj stuff or luke for that matter. now I remember those photos of there the snow trooper commander though.

When I think Luke, I think Bespin and Pilot always. That's the imagery that has stuck with me since I saw Star Wars. Objectively, I think the DX07 is the best to date, but I do like the original SS Pilot. With the Helmet on, he's really solid, but he could use a sturdier body. The biggest issue is the price point on him for how little you get. There's a good sub $200 figure in there, but not for what SS is asking.

No question about it....

DX07_Luke.jpg

It is amazing the value of that DX07 set. It would be minimum a $499 set today.

Two figures (Pers and swappable hair)
Giant diorama
Two stands
Switch out accessories
*BD Luke Head from EX
$299 USD.

I'm in the DX07 set group as well.

Two complete figures and that great weathervane display.

Pick either figure (clean or battle-damaged) and you are good to go.

I have five 1/6 scale Lukes.
HT Bespin
HT ANH
HT Stormtrooper
SS X-Wing
SS Hoth
Out of these my personal favorite is the HT Bespin Luke.
But, that could change once the HT Jedi Luke is finally revealed!

Why did they (Hot toys, Sideshow) make so many Luke related firgues...and yet not a single Anakin Skywalker - both Clone wars and ROTS version ?

I was waiting to get one..but still....

It's 1 cm too short, not 6.5mm.

If the figure's scale would make him 4 cm shorter than he needs to be then the figure can't be 1cm too short as it's 1/6 scale. Multiply that 1cm by 6 would mean he would be 6cm taller. 4cm shorter at 1/6 scale would mean a figure just under 7mm too short.

From SS, Snowspeeder Luke easily. I love the Hoth Luke on his Tauntaun but the eyes really hurt that figure.

From HT, the clean DX7 for sure. Farmboy looks ok but his hair is just too much of a helmet. That sculpt works a little better on the Stormtrooper version, but the hair is still an issue. DX7 has issues but you look at it and it just feels right.

Now between Snowspeeder Luke and DX7, that's a tough one and I'm leaning towards the SS...

From SS, Snowspeeder Luke easily. I love the Hoth Luke on his Tauntaun but the eyes really hurt that figure.

From HT, the clean DX7 for sure. Farmboy looks ok but his hair is just too much of a helmet. That sculpt works a little better on the Stormtrooper version, but the hair is still an issue. DX7 has issues but you look at it and it just feels right.

Now between Snowspeeder Luke and DX7, that's a tough one and I'm leaning towards the SS...

DX7 looks nothing like Luke.

Back