Which is the best Luke 1/6 to date?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_5751.JPG

I'm gonna guess we'll get a better look at Hot Toys Jedi Luke in two weeks at SDCC

It's Snowspeeder Luke for me. While I like the DX, the head sculpt has more of a characature look to me. The Snowspeeder Luke helmeted sculpt pretty much nails it IMO. superb tailoring on the outfit aswell. Plus it's from one of my favourite scenes in the whole Saga.

The best out ATM is Bespin Luke, in my opinion.

We'll see how Jedi Luke is. I'm hoping it's great. Excited to see the full reveal.

Snowspeeder Luke will be hard to get. They only made a handful and went almost directly to sold out. So if you want one you'll be paying inflated eBay prices. Unless SS does another run ?? Who knows in this day and age ? Companies seem to be doing shorter runs, but SS does have a history of having a 2nd run for some figures....so jury is out.

Myself I agree with Rook. ANH Luke is great. Jedi Luke from HT would also be very iconic. I'm torn on X-Wing Luke, mainly because of the paint app / head sculpt.

It's Snowspeeder Luke for me. While I like the DX, the head sculpt has more of a characature look to me. The Snowspeeder Luke helmeted sculpt pretty much nails it IMO. superb tailoring on the outfit aswell. Plus it's from one of my favourite scenes in the whole Saga.

For me, it's reversed. With the unhelmeted sculpt for Snowspeeder Luke having softer paint apps, it gives it more of a caricature look in my opinion.

Just for the Luke's that I have, HT ANH is definitely the best bang for your buck. Lots of accessories for many different displays and pose combinations. Though SSC Snowspeeder Pilot is also a fantastic figure. X-Wing Pilot is a great looking figure as well, but the price is too high considering what you get.

I don't know why but I just can't get too excited about the Bespin Luke. It's always been one of my favourite versions of Luke and I still remember getting the Kenner figure so clearly back in around '82 as I'd wanted it for so long, but for some reason those figures aren't working like the Snowspeeder pilot does.

Just a personal opinion and we'll all have figures that work on different levels.

I just hope they nail the head sculpt for the ROTJ version.

Snowspeeder Luke here if you want one. Depending on currency conversion it's about retail. Take 10% off the price you see as that's Australian tax that will be removed at checkout.

Snowspeeder Luke here if you want one. Depending on currency conversion it's about retail. Take 10% off the price you see as that's Australian tax that will be removed at checkout.

I actually like it a lot, but I think I prefer ANH Luke, it's more iconic.

The only thing I don't like with the Luke ANH HT figure is the fact that it's 1 cm shorter than what it should be. The current height of the figure would mean Mark Hamill is only 168 cm, which he's not (he's 172 cm).

Has anybody here that's in the UK ordered from Pop with any kind of regularity?

The sales tax discount covers the fast shipping option and I've heard that people haven't been hit with import duty on stuff from Oz but it'd certainly whack the price up if it did hit.

The only thing I don't like with the Luke ANH HT figure is the fact that it's 1 cm shorter than what it should be. The current height of the figure would mean Mark Hamill is only 168 cm, which he's not (he's 172 cm).

That puts the figure a touch over 6.5mm too short... I think I could live with that.

Has anybody here that's in the UK ordered from Pop with any kind of regularity?

The sales tax discount covers the fast shipping option and I've heard that people haven't been hit with import duty on stuff from Oz but it'd certainly whack the price up if it did hit.

If I could get international shipping anywhere near what PC can, I'd happily ship it on marked as a gift. But Australia Post really makes us bend over.

If I could get international shipping anywhere near what PC can, I'd happily ship it on marked as a gift. But Australia Post really makes us bend over.

I've got friends in Perth that I know are travelling to the UK soon (I think). I might see about getting it shipped to them and see if they can bring it over with them.

Companies like that are always going to get great corporate rates on shipping. Bulk benefits I suppose.

Snowspeeder Luke will be hard to get. They only made a handful and went almost directly to sold out. So if you want one you'll be paying inflated eBay prices. Unless SS does another run ?? Who knows in this day and age ? Companies seem to be doing shorter runs, but SS does have a history of having a 2nd run for some figures....so jury is out.

Or they will just re-release it in a year or two like Bossk, IG88, Boba Fett, and Darth Vader.

I'd definitely give the nod to the Hot Toys ANH Luke, but if you're unsure you might at least wait until SDCC to see if we get a full reveal of the ROTJ Luke.

But if you like the classic farmboy look, than I don't think you can get a better version than the HT one. And you can find it pretty easily for under $200 which is a steal IMO.

Back