Which HT Iron Man is the BEST: III - VI?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i find it funny how Joss Whedon hates the triangular arc reactor, hahaha. He said it some video interview somewhere, i have to find it! he said something along the lines of "the triangle has no meaning to me"

I hate to admit that I don't own any of the HT Iron Man figs. If I could get one, however, I would get the Mk VI. But I wouldn't turn down a Mk IV or V if offered to me. It's a tough call.

If you're getting one for the Avengers, I would think a VII would fit best, but since you asked III - VI then either IV or VI are good choices.

We may even see a new Mark III (repaint of unleashed mark II), and since SDCC is just around the corner, who knows, we just might get a new Mark III as SDCC exclusive, would probably come out around the time Iron Monger ships too.

If you want a decent HS of RDJ as Tony Stark, then go with Mk IV. Heck, it's got sunglasses and a box of donuts... can't beat that! Plus, it's passable as a stand-in for the Mk VII armor to the less discerning eye.

since this thread was asking about "I'd like to get one Iron Man to sum up the series and the Avengers", go for mark 6, but personally,my fav armor is mark 4 though

Mark VI for me. It looks bulky, which I like, and not having the circular RT doesn't bother me a bit. In the movies, it's a tough armor and has seen all the action (underwater, vs. Thor, vs. Hammer Drones, vs. Whiplash, vs. War Machine, fixing engines LOL).

The Mark VII looks to be coming along nicely by HT and could eventually sway me. But for now, definitely the Mark VI.

Plus, I like the color scheme as well. I think the silver helps make the suit look cooler than simply yellow and red.

Its personal preference, there isn't going to be a best one. If you dig the circle arc go with if....if you like TV's triangle go with vi

Thank you all very much. This is all extremely helpful, got a quick lesson in the line thus far.

Strange no one mentioned the BD Mark 3. Is it that bad?

OK, so clearly the camp is torn on the IV vs. VI -- but everyone does agree its all about the chest RC shape. I do prefer the round RC, but I also think I prefer the VI BD option for badassedness.

I also appreciate the argument that VI was in both IM 2 and Avengers, so it does represent both franchises... just... damn that triangle.

That all said, once I started looking, I realized that both figures are well into the $300+ mark. So now I'm leaning toward waiting for Mark VII... hopefully it will have all the bells and whistles so far, plus the round RC, and that will become the suit for me. Might even show up in the beginning of Iron 3 (which hopefully will be better than 2).

Yeah, I think waiting for the Mark VII is probably the safe bet for that price. I mean they're both great figures but I wouldn't pay $300 for them. Here's a couple shots I took of them if you decide to go that route.

IMG_8016-1.jpg

IMG_8933.jpg

Thanks, Josh! :clap

The BD one is just so cool. But I do love the round RC and the little missiles on the gauntlet of the Mark IV. Such a tough choice between the two, that's why I just have to see what gives on Mark VII.

Just so I know when comparing these to the Mark VII, is there any difference between 4 and 6 in the wepons they have? Like, only 4 has the bizillion gauntlet missiles?

No problem. :duff

The BD stuff is really cool. Its why I ended up ordering two of the Mark VI. It would have to be a really tough choice to pick between the two because they're both so damn cool so like I said waiting for the Mark VII is probably a good idea.

No, they're basically the same as far as the weapons go. Let's put it this way just looking at the design on the Mark VII its going to be pretty different.

I wanted to wait for the Mark VII but I have a feeling that seeing as they haven't announced the offical spec and pics yet, we could be waiting a VERY long time. Anyway, here are some pics I found of the Mark VII - which kind of reminds me of the Mark III

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back