Which HT Iron Man is the BEST: III - VI?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has there been any rumours of a 1/4 scale Iron Man from hot toys?
I've got quite a few of the 1/6 figures but I'm holding off the newer ones hoping for a bigger one..

Make sure you save plenty of $$$. I'd love to own 1/4 scale too but I already know the prices will go through the roof! :slap

I'm very happy with my MkIV - it took a long time to decide But for me, he sums up the "complete" Iron man feel the best.

With the helmet on he looks serious, dangerous. And you can pose him to that effect..... but pop the Tony Stark head on, with the glasses and doughnut box, and the whole persona changes. A very versatile figure.

Having said all that I've got a MkII armour unleashed on the way 'cos I love how that silver suit looks and although Iron Man, for me at least, will always be red & gold, the silver sure is purdy! With all the extra parts you get for the price I paid, it's a steal.

Think these two will cover all my IM needs.

.......although. That MkV is pretty cool....... and a Warmachine would add some variety.........MkI is pretty awesome...........Aaah! Someone take my credit card away dammit.

I'm very happy with my MkIV - it took a long time to decide But for me, he sums up the "complete" Iron man feel the best.

With the helmet on he looks serious, dangerous. And you can pose him to that effect..... but pop the Tony Stark head on, with the glasses and doughnut box, and the whole persona changes. A very versatile figure.

Having said all that I've got a MkII armour unleashed on the way 'cos I love how that silver suit looks and although Iron Man, for me at least, will always be red & gold, the silver sure is purdy! With all the extra parts you get for the price I paid, it's a steal.

.......although. That MkV is pretty cool....... and a Warmachine would add some variety.........MkI is pretty awesome...........Aaah! Someone take my credit card away dammit.

Woah woah woah...you don't have a War Machine? You get the Credit Card out...right now! :stick

Ha, I know what you mean.
But you're not going to be completely satisfied until all the Marks are lined up on your shelf. I to VII. :yess:

Ok so I picked up a Mark VI and plan to pick up the Mark VII when that gets released. My question is should I get the Mark III or Mark IV next? I understand that the Mark IV is better in terms of quality, however I feel that the Mark IV and Mark VI are too similar.

Ok so I picked up a Mark VI and plan to pick up the Mark VII when that gets released. My question is should I get the Mark III or Mark IV next? I understand that the Mark IV is better in terms of quality, however I feel that the Mark IV and Mark VI are too similar.

Depends on what you like. I personally like the IV and I hear that's a fan favorite too. But if you want a rarer piece, then get the III. Who knows if HT will ever make a 2.0 version.

I'm trying to build a Hall of Armor. My HOA will consist of the MK I, MKV, MK VI, and MK VII, just not sure whether I should get the MK III or MK IV.

too soon to tell, with the Mark VII not coming out for a while but all Iron Man suits aside the one I'm really looking foward to is War Machine in the Iron Patriot suit, that is going to look amazing next to Captain America

I just stated collect HT and into this hobby couple months ago... my first HT was MK VI..... i note to self that ... '' I just needed 1 Iron man " Now I wanted MK 3 BD to complete my Iron Man collection ..they looks nice together , if i don't have them together i feel like i miss something and incomplete, thats just me tho.
so far i have I,II,IV,V,VI and war machine. cheer mate...
ps one thing ive learned from HT Iron Man tho, Grab em asap or the price goes skyrocket =(

Last edited:
I only buy a few figures from any particular license (unless someone releases the entire Firefly cast :)). I pick them based on what that I think are most iconic, whether I like the character and the qualities/craftsmanship of the figure.

So for me mark VI. It's well proportioned compared to earlier releases like the mark III, has a good likeness, lots of extra things including battle damage (which adds to value for money) and excellent paintwork. Not the most iconic of the armours, but everything else works for me.

Back