Which HT Batman is Better?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which HT Batman do you like better?

• HT Batman (Original Suit Version)

Votes: 95 49.5%
  • HT Batman (Dark Knight Suit Version)

Votes: 85 44.3%
  • Neither, HT sucks...Medicom all the way!!

Votes: 12 6.3%

• Total voters
Def Begins for me, near perfect as is, whereas, although I now prefer my TDK suit, it was only with serious mods.

Plus, if you use the hot water trick to change his hands and add some friction-inducing material to the ankle joints, it saves you from any aggravation whatsoever.

What is the friction-inducing material?

Tissue paper or similar, wrapped around the ankle ball prior to attachment of the foot to the leg. Some people swab the ankle ball with plastic cement and then stipple the surface (letting it dry completely prior to attachment) in order to make the surface develop a rough texture, but that will permanently alter the figure's joints.

Tissue paper wedged in the joint makes the ankles pretty solid and it is reversible.

Original is PERFECT. While TDK suit is beautiful, it is not PERFECT. So for this reason, I voted original. But then again, we need another poll once Medicom's TDK suit figure comes out.

Original is PERFECT. While TDK suit is beautiful, it is not PERFECT. So for this reason, I voted original. But then again, we need another poll once Medicom's TDK suit figure comes out.

begins suit is not perfect!

the triangles that keep the cape in place are not fixed on like in the movie.
The neck part at front is to big also
+ the cape...

I've moded it to this, and now you could say it is near perfect:
DSCF1493.JPG

other pictures here: https://users.telenet.be/erikoo/Figures/Batman HT/

begins suit is not perfect!

the triangles that keep the cape in place are not fixed on like in the movie.
The neck part at front is to big also
+ the cape...

I've moded it to this, and now you could say it is near perfect:
DSCF1493.JPG

other pictures here: https://users.telenet.be/erikoo/Figures/Batman HT/

Agreed, your looks better, but no mods were needed for the body (which IMO IS perfect). I think as a figure though, it has fewer problems than TDK suit Batman, which is causing a lot of people to mod the neck and body to get the slimmer look. I still like both figures though.

Very interesting to compare this to the poll that was around when TDK suit first came out - that figure ended up considerably ahead of the BB suit if memory serves me right. Just goes to show that the initial in-hand excitement starts to wear off I guess.

I always find it funny when people complain about the BB cape fixtures as not being movie accurate. If you watch Begins, it's obvious that the cape doesn't attach to the suit like the HT version (when he opens his suit closet you see there's no holes in the armour). But they also don't attach to the cowl like everyone seems to suggest (when he takes the cowl off in the cave after saving Rachel, his cape stays where it is).

Very interesting to compare this to the poll that was around when TDK suit first came out - that figure ended up considerably ahead of the BB suit if memory serves me right. Just goes to show that the initial in-hand excitement starts to wear off I guess.

I knew at least some of the 'new suit' votes in that thread came down to 'just got my TDK batman' excitement.

Its always hugely exciting having a new HT figure but in some cases you become more aware of the flaws after awhile - like the Aliens warrior (assuming yours didn't fall apart upon first touch) or indeed the TDK batman with its overly bulky chest and slightly off-looking face.

I've never really liked my new suit version because of the cowl sculpt and man boobs so I voted for the original, or I guess we should be saying the 2nd original suit.

I always find it funny when people complain about the BB cape fixtures as not being movie accurate. If you watch Begins, it's obvious that the cape doesn't attach to the suit like the HT version (when he opens his suit closet you see there's no holes in the armour). But they also don't attach to the cowl like everyone seems to suggest (when he takes the cowl off in the cave after saving Rachel, his cape stays where it is).
True

but those are all scenes where you can suggest the opposite of what you see when he all suited up.
When you see pictures and footage of batman himself, it is clear what the position of those clips are.
And right! In one scene there are no wholes in the armour, why? cause it would look stupid on film.
Why isn't it attached to the cowl? cause also here it would look strange also.

But however, if you want to make it accurate, you have to attach those triangles to the cowl, look at the movie stills....(I got enough stills to confirm it)
So for those particular scenes they have made choises, the visual aspect was the only important one, not function.
And my mods made it movie accurate in the scenes where he was all suited up.

I knew at least some of the 'new suit' votes in that thread came down to 'just got my TDK batman' excitement.

Its always hugely exciting having a new HT figure but in some cases you become more aware of the flaws after awhile - like the Aliens warrior (assuming yours didn't fall apart upon first touch) or indeed the TDK batman with its overly bulky chest and slightly off-looking face.

that is why I personally haven't bought a TDK batman, I am waiting what Medicom will come up with and than gonna choose witch one I should go with...

TDK Suit Version pulls ahead in the poll! :lol

Shocking! :horror

edit: TwoFace-- I like your sig!

Back