Which Hot Toys Iron Man Figure/Set is the best to get?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick pic of my pre Avengers shelf

P1010639.jpg

Ohh nice! Looks like i'll be going for the mk iv.

If you can afford only one iron man, it is best to choose one of the big 3: mark iv, mark vi ...and the highly probably mark III re-release.

Your choice will depend on whether u like the classic looking red/gold colour scheme or the more aggressive silver trimming.

If you like the classic look then you mightt want to pick either the mark iv or the mark III. The markiv has a sleek moden design whereas the markiii looks a bit like medieval armour (take a look at the mark II which is pretty much the same).

If you like the aggressive silver trimmings, you might want to wait for the mark vii which has an even more aggressive design than the mark vi.

Last edited:
I would like to acquire a 'definitive' Iron Man 1/6th figure. Money isn't the problem...I want to know which figure is the best 'definitive' Iron Man figure/set from Hot Toys?

Thanks!

they are all just plastic toys, if money isnt the problem, get the sideshow statue version...both the modern version and the classic ex holding the american flag are excellent.

LOL! :lol

Geb, it's too bad you've limited yourself to one figure/set. I'm sure you've got your reasons.

If there's anything Hot Toys loves to do, it's pimp out the Iron Man franchise.

Lots more goodies are on the way.

I am going to guess its the $300 + pricetag for these F'ers

they are all just plastic toys, if money isnt the problem, get the sideshow statue version...both the modern version and the classic ex holding the american flag are excellent.

i think he said "I would like to acquire a 'definitive' Iron Man 1/6th figure."

can't go wrong with either IV or VI, or just wait a bit for how VII will turn out.

definitive is based on how you prefer your Iron Man...

For me, it needs to be based in red and gold but I like the silver accents to break it up a bit as well.

The chest RT can be round or triangular for me. I prefer the VI now but am loving the VII with the round RT with silver accents...

Its all personal really.

Hi guys,

I need a little assistance here. I just found HT Iron Man VI and War Machine on ebay and I offered the buyer $450 for both figs incl. shipping to Europe from Hong Kong. He agrees to my offer. Do you guys think it is a good deal? Should I do it, buy the figs? Both figs are brand new, unopened as well. The buyer has 3169 feedbacks on his ebay.
But could the figs be fake? Since it is from Asia and a lot of stuff from their are fakes. Help me out folks!

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I need a little assistance here. I just found HT Iron Man VI and War Machine on ebay and I offered the buyer $450 for both figs incl. shipping to Europe from Hong Kong. He agrees to my offer. Do you guys think it is a good deal? Should I do it, buy the figs? Both figs are brand new, unopened as well. The buyer has 3169 feedbacks on his ebay.
But could the figs be fake? Since it is from Asia and a lot of stuff from their are fakes. Help me out folks!

Thanks!

Here are two responses that have been post in the "Hot Toys to release whole 1/6 Avengers team!" thread.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4220669&postcount=65

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4220674&postcount=66

Hope this helps.

Like a bunch of others, I also had to think about this. Originally I was for the Mark IV but ended up going with the VI because I loved the battle damage pieces and the sweet display stand. I haven't been disappointed one bit with the VI.
But who's kidding? We all know that you can't stop at just one! Since then I've picked up War Machine and won the SS wait list lottery for the Secret Project IV. So I think you're honestly wasting a bit of energy on this. You'll pick up another before too long.

Mark VI for me. For me, it's something about the color scheme that makes him look awesome. I know it's not the classic look from the comics, but I just like that touch of solver in there. It works. Plus that Mark looks much bulkier than the other suits. Most likely the color again.

Awesome design to me.

Last edited:
mark vi mark vi mark vi!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark VI for me. For me, it's something about the color scheme that makes him look awesome. I know it's not the classic look from the comics, but I just like that touch of solver in there. It works. Plus that Mark looks much bulkier than the other suits. Most likely the color again.

Awesome design to me.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

However, the VII looks like its going to give the VI a run for its money!

If I was going to buy one of the Hot Toys Iron Man figures...

I know they have released tons, Mark I, Mark VI,ARMOR UNLEASHED, etc. So which one would be the best to get in your opinion ? As there are so many to choose from.

Re: If I was going to buy one of the Hot Toys Iron Man figures...

I know they have released tons, Mark I, Mark VI,ARMOR UNLEASHED, etc. So which one would be the best to get in your opinion ? As there are so many to choose from.

I have merged your thread into the existing 'which IM is best to get' thread in the Marvel section, you will get more opinions in here. Many have already posted which they prefer so you can read through and hopefully get some insight.

Cool username btw ;)
x :wave

I own them all but the MK I, which is about to soon change when MK I 2 comes out but my essential two would be between IV & VI. I actually don't like the TS Sculpt that comes with IV but the figure it self is awesome & I feel the same way about VI & I like the fact that it has the Battle Damage version to it as well. I just say get them all :)

Back