Which Hot Toys Iron Man Figure/Set is the best to get?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GUY, DO IT! You won't regret it! Mark IV and gantry it's the way to go. Just trust us on this one, we're professionals!

LOL! :lol

Geb, it's too bad you've limited yourself to one figure/set. I'm sure you've got your reasons.

If there's anything Hot Toys loves to do, it's pimp out the Iron Man franchise.

Lots more goodies are on the way.

Mark IV would be my choice but I think the best executed one so far has been the Mark V.

Forgot about the Gantry set. I recede my vote for the VI. If you're going to have just one IM figure then the Gantry set with Mark IV is seriously the way to go.

Remember the gantry with mark iv does not come with sunglasses which really makes the head sculpt in my opinion. You'll have to get that separately. Also I don't think it includes the donut, box, or neck armor adaptor.

Wow I'm surprised about that tbh. Has that been confirmed?

between my mark iv and my mark vi I guess I would say I prefer the mark iv as the representation of a definitive iron man figure. However, I prefer the mark vi to be posed with my capt. america and Thor. I tried putting my mark iv in with my avengers display and it just didn't look right to me.

I've collected all of the marks except the mark v and out of all of them I would suggest going with the mark ii unleashed. I usually get bored with these iron man figures pretty quick just b/c they all kind of feel to similar and lacking innovation. My last few purchases were just posed once or twice and then placed in the detolfs. That is not the case with this mark ii. He really just has a much better feel and look. I just can't keep my hands off of him.

Wow I'm surprised about that tbh. Has that been confirmed?

I believe so. Official specs and photos on the Gantry with Mark IV set make no mention of these accessories.

Which makes sense because those original add-ons were meant to replicate the scene of Tony eating a doughnut on top of the restaurant.

That wouldn't fit with him being outfitted on the Gantry and this would also somewhat differentiate it from being a full on reissue of the Mark IV.

As far as I can recall, the only piece that Hot Toys has out and out reissued with absolutely no difference is the Tumbler.

Every other re-do at least is somewhat different. Even the Mark I 2.0 has a completely different head sculpt as well as that extra flame accessory.

So it makes sense that the Gantry set would give you a Mark IV appropriate for the scene but but somewhat different from the stand alone figure.

Dennis

Since you have waited so long, if I were you, I would just wait a little longer for the Avengers Mark VII. :dunno

Well it's not just a matter of waiting or the newest Mark though.

They are all a little different.

For instance I've never liked the Mark VI and much prefer the look of the original Mark 3 of which the Mark 4 is a further refinement.

I like the look of the bulkier Mark VII in screenshots even less but I will give it a chance and won't judge before seeing it in the theater.

My favorite suit actually is the Mark I, just love it. I have the Sideshow 1/4 scale version and preordered the 2.0 with the improved head sculpt and I would love a lifesize of that if possible.

Of the "modern" suits, though, and especially Hot Toys releases, Mark IV does it for me by a country mile.

The shot of him in sunglasses holding that doughnut is killer. :clap

Dennis

901493_press01-001.jpg

If you're only going to get one, this would be the one to get. The Mark IV is definitely the best both in Stark likeness and armor configuration so far and it's impressive to see on display at the shows.

and just because:

tumblr_lrf25xbx5J1qlcs3mo1_500.gif

what he said

I'd recommend getting the one without rubber pants that can fade :lecture

This is a very valid point. Some fade worse than others to, and if you finger through the threads for both the mark iv and vi you will see some pretty extreme cases of pink panty syndrome. There is no reason to believe that the Gantry mark iv will be immune to this type of fading, and it doesn't come with the glasses which unfortunatley are very important to the look of the RDJ HS. Like I said before if I were only going to get one I would make it the mark ii.
-no pink panties.
-awesome paint apps.
-infinite display options....... What more do you need???
146.JPG

149.JPG

150.JPG

151.JPG

142.JPG

Back