Which Batman film is better?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Batman film is your favorite? Which one do you like best?

• Batman Begins

Votes: 56 27.2%
  • The Dark Knight

Votes: 99 48.1%
  • The Dark Knight Rises

Votes: 51 24.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I cant choose between TDKR and TDK.

I think both are brilliant films. I love the chaos and testing of Batmans morals and beliefs, the psychological test. I love ledgers performance as a devils advocate, as someone who is playing all the angles to manipulate people. I loved how joker was on about chaos, scheemers, people with plans and how chaos is fair, when he himself had plans all along. I loved how he was a compulsive liar but people thought he was telling the truth.

The joker has a much much better fleshed out story in the comics, theres so much material to take from him. joker is the ultimate villain because of what he does to batman, how he tests him, how he will never, ever beat joker. Nothing will ever change between the two of them and that relationship is unique, he is the ultimate villain for Batman.

Bane isnt the most in depth character. But Hardy did a fantastic job. I loved the voice. I loved how clinical he was when he fought. But what sold me on Hardys performance was his acting.

Bane was phenomenally performed. Watched it the second time last night and to be honest, I was really surprised how great Hardy was.

The way he used his eyes, his facial expressions. They were fantastic. You could see the way bane was saying the words. The key scene for me was him reading Gordons original speech.

I loved how he said 'The BAT,MAN isnt a criminal, he saved my boy', then he got cocky reading it until he got to 'and to my SHAAAME' in which he then looked sickened and started shaking his head in disgust.

Theatricality and deception are powerful tools. There was something very Adolf hitler-like about his performance. What I loved was how bane was very theatrical about expressing his words, the way he used his eyes, tones of voice to portray his words. The way he gesticulated to the cameras, the way he tried to rally Gotham into taking their own city back, with the theatrically given lies, deceitful words he was spreading.

I think it was truly fantastic. Rhas said they used politics before, and Bane in this film was using politics. It was Hitler-like because the way he used gesticulation, tones of voice to rally the 'oppressed', the way he used deceit and lies to instil the fear of the establishment. Fear is a powerful tool, and Bane used it supremely.

I dont think alot of people thought of Banes performance like that, but it comes full circle from what Rhas was saying. Thats why i truly loved the film, there was enough depth for the average viewer, but the avid fans, who fluently understands the story, It was a fantastic performance.

Thats why I cant choose between TDK and TDKR. I think both are better than Begins, but all 3 are brilliant films. I cant choose, because they both represent the testing of the different elements which make Batman.

I am going to say that all three films work brilliantly together to make one huge and excellent Batman film. Standing alone I am torn between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight being the best film.For me, The Dark Knight Rises only worked because of what had preceded it. If I had a gun pointed to my head and had to choose a favourite then I would opt for The Dark Knight and that is because Two Face and The Joker were played so well. But going back to my first point they all make up a fantastic Batman story and I absolutely loved the whole thing.

I'd prefer to wait until the hype has subsided in order to make an accurate choice. I don't think I can make the choice at this moment in time. However, if you were to ask me (before TDKR came out) if TDK or Begins was better, I'd vote Begins.

I vote the Dark Knight Rises to skew poll results.

Secretly I like another more betterer!

At the moment, I'm inclined to vote for TDK, barely -- because of the villains. If a movie can only be as good as its villains, The Dark Knight had one of the best 1-2 tandems in movies.

Batman Begins was a great origin story, and a great Bruce Wayne story arc -- but the villains were the weakest of the series, by far. It was more interesting watching Batman take-out random thugs than it was watching him take-on Ras or Scarecrow. Begins is an altogether more subtle movie than the other two. After TDK came out, I remember feeling as if TDK made BB a better movie ... not the other way around.

With TDKR, Bane was great and a perfect polar opposite to the Joker -- physical rather than psychological, warfare rather than terrorism, expressionless rather than expressive to the extreme. Joker was slightly more compelling ... but only slightly. Catwoman was perfectly portrayed, but hers wasn't as compelling a story arc as Dent, either.

Batman is a great character partially because he has one of the best, and most colorful, rogues galleries anywhere. I think TDK captured that a bit better than the other two. Honestly, having only seen TDKR once ... I could be wrong about that.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Selina Kyle wasn't a real agent of conflict, and I wonder if that is what bugs people about her. She was the agent of resolution in the story, and there's not a lot of drama in that. If you weren't on the side of Bruce Wayne getting out of the Bat game, she would have to be a problem for you.

Back