Which 1/6 Nolan Batman figure to get to represent franchise?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the armory(mostly because i got the armory with Alfred for $300 shipped new), before that deal I had no Nolan figures. Im looking for a Joker but the DX11 is so over what im willing to pay I may just be stuck with Batman and Alfred unless HT rereleases Joker.

I also bought the Armory set with Alfred because of a deal (the days of 50% off coupon codes), but I sold the whole thing shortly afterwards. The suit from TDK/TDKR is arguably the iconic Nolan batsuit, so I bought it thinking it would be a good Batman figure to represent the Nolan films. In the end, I just didn't connect with the figure, mainly because I didn't have a strong connection to the character or design (though I love Christian Bale in the role). Right now, I only have a Selina Kyle figure, though I'm considering getting Two Face or a Bat-pod next. It feels a little odd not having a Batman from movies I really loved, but I'd rather have figures of the side characters that mean the most to me.

So my only word of advice is to make sure you're buying a Batman figure because it's something you really want rather than because it represents movies you really enjoy. If that's not part of your decision-making process though, get the Armory version (and maybe an unmasked Bruce Wayne head too).

This thread got me checking and my TDK figure collection is, outside of my Star Wars collection, the one that I have the most figures of. Wasn't planned initially that way but it just happened. Loved the trilogy and ended up picking up all of the figures way after the hype had passed yet before the aftermarket prices took off.

As far as one iconic figure to represent the trilogy, it's got to be the bat man. I have the Armory Batman (with Alfred and Bruce) and the only recommendation I can give is to get an aftermarket cape (Lforigno or Tony Mei). It makes a HUGE difference, in my opinion.

I ended up picking up a DX12 snowy step base/display for it as well as picked up some loose parts to build an empty suit for the Armory.

I have the DX12 displayed with the angry faceplate and a custom lforigno cape on the snowy steps base, posed in the exact pose when he met Bane for their final showdown. "No. I came back to stop you." I quite like the look of it.

I also have TDKR Catwoman/Selina Kyle. If I got another figure from TDK trilogy, it would either be Bank Robber 2.0 Joker or Bane.

I think my ideal TDK display in its simplest form to adequately represent the trilogy would be Batman (DX12 or Armory), a Joker, and Bane.

Back