Which 1/6 Nolan Batman figure to get to represent franchise?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaymas

Super Freak
Reaction score
Seeing the 1/4 scale Noland Batman figures is giving me fond memories of that franchise and has me wishing I had picked up something for my 1/6 collection from it years ago. I don't collect a lot of DC figures compared to my Marvel and Star Wars collecting but I have a few. I have Christopher Reeves Superman and the first Keaton Batman, as well as 66 Batman and Robin. I passed on Affleck Batman because even though I thought the design and look of Batman was awesome, I just couldn't stand the poor story telling of BvS. I'm not a fan of the latest DC movies except Wonder Woman was awesome (I do plan to get a HT of her) and so maybe, MAYBE, if the JL movie is good I will reconsider a Batman and Superman from those films. Again, design wise they are awesome, but I am a movie fan and I can't invest in collectibles from movies, even if they look awesome, if I can't stand the movie. But, I did love the Nolan Batman movies and they left a lasting historic mark on Batman so perhaps I should make room on a shelf for a Batman figure from that franchise. But which one?

I paid absolutely no attention to this line when it was current so I really have no idea how many Batmans they did. So my question is which is considered "the best", and which one(s) are really good but also can be picked up with reasonable after market prices? And are there any issue on particular versions that I should know about to stay way from?

Made an overview of all figures a while ago:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...8-thread-index-hot-toys-1-6-batman-lines.html

Needs an update but all 1/6 TDK trilogy figures should be covered. If it's about one figure I'd say go for a TDK release and yeah, go for the armory Batman, the cowl is pretty nice right out of the box compared to other releases.

Thanks for the overview, this is helpful. I'll check out the TDK stuff

The armory Batman figure is the absolute best from all the Nolan Batman figure released. Unless you're going for the Batman Begins look.

I'm not against the Begins look, though I like how the suit evolves with the franchise. As for the armory, that looks really cool, but I just would like Batman and don't need the whole armory.

You should still seek out the Armory Batman figure loose. The sculpt is way better than the DX12.

BwdZVAACQAAhY-E.jpg

Also, I think the same thing about BvS but I ended up getting the Batman figure. He really is a beast and even if JL is a better film I don't like the direction they are going with the suit.

Really depends on the individual. Because folks will connect with different films and characters. But I think either of the new 1/4 scale figures could do. Yes, the Dark Knight Batman suit is an easy call, because it was in two films (including the most critically acclaimed one), and from that POV I would probably go for the DX-12 (preferably with a custom mouthpiece) or the armory version. But for obvious reasons Ledger Joker could be seen as the best representation--nearly any version would work there except the very first purple suit one. I think the Begins Batman looks so much better, and was our first exposure to this revolutionary approach to Batman. And I also think the film is on par with Dark Knight. The new 1/4 scale figure is the best stock figure representing that design. So that's not a bad choice, either.

I'd go with the DX12 or Armory Batman and as far as the Joker, maybe the DX11, DX1 or any of the bank robber version. There aren't that many options for either character in the 1/6 scale. I don't know how much any of them go for nowadays, but those are the figures I'd look for if I was collecting 1/6 Nolan Batman.

Personally, when I think of the Nolan Batman, I always think of this pic for some reason, but if you can only pick one, then I guess Batman, because it's his trilogy.

JmezEfe.jpg
2RVZija.jpg

The TDK armory Batman is the best one.

The Original TDK Batman's knees will have deteriorated by the time you get it. He's a got crappy one piece suit. The TDK V1 Batman looks like a football player and his suit will have faded to a nasty looking grey by the time you get it. He's got a crappy one piece suit. The DX 02 TDK Batman is a piece of ****ing **** (soft or hard abs, it doesn't matter) that can't even move well. The Toy Fairs exclusive Begins Batman is the worst of the bunch. Peeling suit, broken ankles straight out of the box. It's garbage.

DX 12 is pretty good, but he's got weird eyes and goofy faceplates.

Get the TDK Armory Batman. He's the best 1/6 Bale.

I've only got one Nolan Batman figure right now and it's the DX12 with the armory head. As mentioned the original DX12 head is pretty silly looking.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Whichever of the DX12 or Armory you can get cheaper.

This.

Between the two, I'd probably say the loose Armory figure. If you can swing the DX12 cheaper though, get that one. The popular opinion seems to be that the Armory figure has the better sculpt and the DX12 has the better belt(s). I have the DX12 and I still have the stock sculpt on it without any reason to see the urgent need to change it myself.

For either one though, a custom cape is probably going to be desired.

+1 for Armory Batman. I prefer the Begins suit actually, but there's not a 1/6 Begins version that could match the quality of the Armory Batman figure so far. It has improved PERS eyes (more squinty), and improved mouthplates inspired by the QS001. I think the carbon-fiber effects on some armor plates also look better compared to its predecessor, DX12. I think Bale is also more associated with that suit as Batman, since it also saw action against Ledger's Joker and it was his suit for maybe 70% of his total screentime as Batman in the Trilogy.

Here's an old photo of my Armory Batman with a $10 custom cape.

P6220843_zps13417kum.jpg

I'd go with the DX12 or Armory Batman and as far as the Joker, maybe the DX11, DX1 or any of the bank robber version. There aren't that many options for either character in the 1/6 scale. I don't know how much any of them go for nowadays, but those are the figures I'd look for if I was collecting 1/6 Nolan Batman.

Personally, when I think of the Nolan Batman, I always think of this pic for some reason, but if you can only pick one, then I guess Batman, because it's his trilogy.

JmezEfe.jpg
2RVZija.jpg

I agree with this...currently my love of Nolan's trilogy is represented by Hot Toys Bane, Gordon and Blake with Bat Signal, DX12, Selina Kyle, and DX11 all displayed together. I always feel, however, that the DX11 alone is the single best representation of the entire franchise...I feel that the Joker characterization and Ledger's portrayal really played a key role in elevating the franchise to the level that it reached more so than anything related to the Batman character.

If you're determined that you want just one figure, that doesn't get to bring friends, you should go for the biggest guy in the trilogy.

PD1345436563jUE.jpg

Back