Where will HT go with their next Pred?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sscalltheway

Super Freak
Reaction score
Aliens & Robots have become overun with Terminator threads. I like Terminator but i wanted to get Preds back into the mix.

So what would you guys like to see next and what do you think will be next by HT?

IMO, probably the next Hot Toys predator might be from the up-coming 2010 Predator film. However, who knows? Hot Toys has a tendency to surprise us. Can't wait to see how the new predator(s) will look!

IMO, probably the next Hot Toys predator might be from the up-coming 2010 Predator film. However, who knows? Hot Toys has a tendency to surprise us.

That's too far in the future. i don't think HT will wait that long to get some more of our money.

hmmm, maybe another lost tribe pred? but my money's on more of the rescue team form p1

I could see both of these ideas coming to life. Ecspecially another Lost Pred.

Another Lost pred is going to happen. I would bet money on it. Somone said before that they can make one or two more, that's with combining multiple preds to make one good one.

Maybe the same amount of time between the Wolf and Cleaner Kit Wolf releases!?

*EDIT

Oh yeah.. I think it was SilentSurfer who said HT had a Gort Predator in the works.

Can anybody shed some more light on Gort. I know he's a lost pred and I'd recognize him by his bio but I've seen pictures of him almost identical to the P2 in his appearance and armor and I've seen a picture of him almost identical to the P1. I'd like to see another Predator and I'm hopeful that Blaine and Mac will be in the works too. HT is good about keeping secrets most of the time so who knows what's in store but they have a plan in place for getting more of our money from that line for sure. I know they can count on me!

Well I wouldn't mind if they chose to do the Predator from the AvP3 game... Looks like a nice design.

I know it would annoy people but I at least would probably be sucker enough to buy another P1 predator that corrects the flaws of the figure most of us don't even have yet. Taller and bigger build, more scrunched face sculpt, biomask thats more proportional.

I'd lament the bastages for not getting these things right first time but I'd still buy it. Of course it won't happen. There'll be a BD one with some predator blood down his ankle and some exclusive accessories but no major changes to the sculpt of figure or mask.

Can anybody shed some more light on Gort. I know he's a lost pred and I'd recognize him by his bio but I've seen pictures of him almost identical to the P2 in his appearance and armor and I've seen a picture of him almost identical to the P1. I'd like to see another Predator and I'm hopeful that Blaine and Mac will be in the works too. HT is good about keeping secrets most of the time so who knows what's in store but they have a plan in place for getting more of our money from that line for sure. I know they can count on me!

ALL the Lost Predators are based off of P2. They were all made from exisiting P2 suits and armor. The Elder is a modified P1 suit. So yeah.. other than certain small armor additions/subtractions and different paint schemes, they're exactly like P2. And Gort is actually the worst, because the only difference between him and P2 is the Bio.

gortscreenshot.png

I'm going to look for the pick I saw of the Pred wearing the Gort mask with the P1 body & armor. I saw it in an old post for the Lost Pred (borg) when it was released. Does anybody remember that pic? That's what I'm trying to find out more about.

Yeah that was the pic of the original P1 from Predator. That "Gort" mask was the original mask the Predator was suppose to wear in that film. But Stan Winston and Co. decided to change it last mintue because they felt it revealed to much of what the Predator's face looked like.. so they changed it to what we now know as the P1 Bio.

Here you go:

Gort0.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you! That's some cool pred news that I did not know. With all the Gort talk and after seeing that picture I figured we'd get a P1 re-do with a Gort mask but now I'm just thinking we'll get a P2 re-do with the Gort mask or Ram. Either way I'll say I won't buy it until it's released and get it anyway.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Devil.

Back